Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 01:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said:
Bahamut.Drevin said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
AB is a good way to party to... I'm just recommending this for those people who first job was BST and wanna fully merit Beast Affinity faster then having to ..... all I'm really saying this is just another way to party but for other jobs....
Its a horrible way to party... I've grinded my SMN to 75 that way... (Yes... i admit it) and not only do you get the lack of magic/melee skill, you get a lack of JOB SKILL. JOB SKILL is something a lot of people are lacking these days. The reason we see so many pickup sams and lv 75WAR/29NIN is because of that damned astral flow. If people did it reasonably, it would be good. A fast/easy way to merit for jobs that don't necessarily get merit invites. Not only that, but it takes lv 13 new comers to FFXI that still don't understand their job fully to get to level 24-25. They do not have their sub job and they will not receive any invites (i know i wouldn't invite a level 25 with no sub) and the noob that is still level 13 skill-wise, will not know the game but be ready for Qufim/Kazham (even thought not a lot of ppl party out in kazham now :/ that will lead to players who don't even bother to level their job properly, get the right gears, level their sub etc... why are we getting so much inexperienced DD's, mages that don't know how to Magic burst, even players that don't know how to skillchain? The answer is: the wave of Astral burns that are currently happening on some of the servers (on ragnarok anyways xD)
That's not lack of job skill, it's lack of player skill. FFXI is not hard. You could pick up a lv 75 account of a job you never played before and if you know how to do research and are a good player in general, you'd have the job down in a matter of days.
i completely agree with this. its not the fact that your bad at your job, its really the fact that you now have to skill up... astral burns aren't bad themselves. its the people who are really complete idiots, which leveling 1-75 normally aint really gonna help...

this is not completely true. yes you can learn the job by reading ***, but you wont be a great player. in tough situations you will break and leave your pt to die. if you're a mage. if you're a melee then...well lolhitshit. but the only times i really have issues with ppl ABing is when its their mage job and they ruin ***for me cause they fail. I'm sorry but unless your a 75rdm or whm ABing the other is stupid.
Yea, because healing for an experience pt gets you ready for those tough endgame situations! Note where I said research and then you could master in a matter of days. The matter of days is that practice. I wasn't suggesting you have none.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 01:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ragnarok.Roudidou said:
Leviathan.Kryptik said:
AB is a good way to party to... I'm just recommending this for those people who first job was BST and wanna fully merit Beast Affinity faster then having to ..... all I'm really saying this is just another way to party but for other jobs....
Its a horrible way to party... I've grinded my SMN to 75 that way... (Yes... i admit it) and not only do you get the lack of magic/melee skill, you get a lack of JOB SKILL. JOB SKILL is something a lot of people are lacking these days. The reason we see so many pickup sams and lv 75WAR/29NIN is because of that damned astral flow. If people did it reasonably, it would be good. A fast/easy way to merit for jobs that don't necessarily get merit invites. Not only that, but it takes lv 13 new comers to FFXI that still don't understand their job fully to get to level 24-25. They do not have their sub job and they will not receive any invites (i know i wouldn't invite a level 25 with no sub) and the noob that is still level 13 skill-wise, will not know the game but be ready for Qufim/Kazham (even thought not a lot of ppl party out in kazham now :/ that will lead to players who don't even bother to level their job properly, get the right gears, level their sub etc... why are we getting so much inexperienced DD's, mages that don't know how to Magic burst, even players that don't know how to skillchain? The answer is: the wave of Astral burns that are currently happening on some of the servers (on ragnarok anyways xD)
That's not lack of job skill, it's lack of player skill. FFXI is not hard. You could pick up a lv 75 account of a job you never played before and if you know how to do research and are a good player in general, you'd have the job down in a matter of days.
I Disagree with this. Some people STILL haven't their job figured out at level 75. If you decide to burn or buy to level 75, you will most certainly NOT get the hang of the job in a couple days. A level 75 black mage even with best gears but no experience is not better a level 75 BLM that has average gear but has years of experience. A level 75 brd that hasn't seen bastok daylight since level 13 won't be able to pull a meripo for months. I don't understand how a person can get a hang of his job that fast. (Unless he's a sam because imo, SAM is a relatively easy job to play.)
I said if you're a good player, not if you suck. If you're 75 and "STILL haven't their job figured out" you do not fall under the category of good player.
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-04 01:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

AB's raped my mother
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Server: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-05-04 01:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Remind me to check this thread when I finish my cap and take out my full usu ABed MNK. That way you guys can tell me I don't know how to play it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 01:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Remind me to check this thread when I finish my cap and take out my full usu ABed MNK. That way you guys can tell me I don't know how to play it.
[+]
 Ifrit.Phlow
Server: Ifrit
user: Phlow
By Ifrit.Phlow 2010-05-04 01:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey vegg, how ya been? Liking the new server?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 01:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Phlow said:
Hey vegg, how ya been? Liking the new server?
It's no different rly. Same game ect. I'm alright. u?
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-04 02:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:

lol, with lv10 h2h?
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 03:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
AFB 360 players, shall not SPEAK!
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-04 04:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling is one of the most rewarding aspects of any MMO for me. I'm not about to go and skip that part of the game, tyvm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-05-04 06:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ABing to me is nice for those 12-23 levels. No valkrum dunes! It's really useful if you're the sync! That being said, I did AB my DRK and it wasn't cheap. It took be about 2 weeks on and off to skill up Great Sword and Scythe up to cap and in that time I believe that I picked up the job's mechanics and such. ABing saved me a lot of time, but there was a lot of drama involved. Man sometimes it can get really heavy down there, and by that I mean people arguing over things, cutting in line, or -ga'ing your pull. I think it should stay around though, because it's such a good industry for those who know how to pull efficiently.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-04 06:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Astral Burn Haters,

Stop accepting gimps and n00bs who ABed their jobs to 75 to your super 1337 EGLS, and you wouldn't have a problem. I don't care if they have BRD 75 and you desperately need a BRD. Stop being lazy and go level it yourself.

Signed,
Me
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyhira
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Kyhira 2010-05-04 06:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Carbuncle.Godismax
Server: Carbuncle
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2010-05-04 06:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i couldnt be bothered to read all the pages in this thread but if im honest the only problem i have with smn burns is the fact that it makes people have to question my ability as a smn. and since i had 75 smn before this started it gets a bit frustrating. however i'm more than happy to deal with this for access to practically free merits lol.

the only real problem anyone seems to have mentioned is the lack of knowledge of jobs being burnt and i dont know how many of them have played summoner but standing in a party main healing (a whm main job i believe) does not teach you how to play the job either. i find it amazing they have a problem with fast xp on a smn when a merit pt can pull in 40k+ xp an hour which is about the same speed as the average burn party and smn as i have found many times are very much unwanted in merit pts.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-05-04 07:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Astral Burns are awesome.

[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-04 07:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally don't like SMN burns, and no, not like most people defending them have said, it's not out of jealousy. I find it extremely boring to xp like this, it's like taking the fun out of the game. To me, it's like using cheat codes on an RPG, it just makes the whole point of levelling up pointless. I don't have anything against people who do it, unless they turn up as 75SMN hitting double digit pred claws or some ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-04 08:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-05-04 09:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This was the original AB thread, wasn't it? Weren't there like 30 more recent ones that could've been dug up? But I digress.

My view hasn't changed, I still think it creates horribly gimped characters IF it's your first 75. Not just in terms of combat/magic skills, but in every other sense. These gimps have almost no fame in any city, no knowledge of zones(whether it be their location in the world or general info about the zone), no outposts, some have no access to even basic areas like Kazham, no maps, etc.

I know the usual response is "they can do that after", but if they were too lazy to even level their own job, I have my doubts they'll put in the effort to do a couple hundred quests. There are way too many rank 4 75s lately that think they're bad *** but don't have a map of Ghelsba.

[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
Server: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-05-04 09:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are jealous. Some people burn. Some people don't. Some people have roast beef. Some people have none.

Shut the *** up already, thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 11:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Dear Astral Burn Haters,

Stop accepting gimps and n00bs who ABed their jobs to 75 to your super 1337 EGLS, and you wouldn't have a problem. I don't care if they have BRD 75 and you desperately need a BRD. Stop being lazy and go level it yourself.

Signed,
Me
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-05-04 11:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Gear means very little if you dont have the skill to back it
[+]
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-05-04 11:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Except in White Gate. :/
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-04 11:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, who necro'd this? This is the first thread I ever read on this forum because I had no idea what it was at the time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 11:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

That's kind of his point; he doesn't suck and having AB'd the job won't change that.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-04 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Or if you don't have the experience to know how to use said gear.
 Unicorn.Sedres
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-05-04 12:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what the issue is. If you've never played a job the "normal" way to 75, chances are you're not gonna have a clue what to do regardless. Equally so, if you need to play a job for months to know how to use it properly by lv75, then you probably don't have much hope to begin with (Hai Hachiman Domaru TPing SAMs!)

I certainly understand why people don't like the thought of all these "noob" players hitting 75 in the space of a week, just like people not liking players who bought their account and also don't have a clue how to play. However, the stigma that anyone who's ever AFB'd EVER can't possibly have any idea how to ever play the game EVER is pretty extreme.

You can't blame people for wanting to get to the good levels sooner, just like you can't blame people for putting any kinda "burn" in their search comment, otherwise we'd all still be exping in Bibiki! You can't blame people having gimped skill levels through level sync, otherwise new players would likely give up taking a job to 75.

I do think everyone who got their Maat's Cap before Level Sync was introduced got a little shafted, though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Exactly, gimp 360 players you shall not POST!

Someone post a pic of gandorf from lord of the rings saying this.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-04 12:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

That's kind of his point; he doesn't suck and having AB'd the job won't change that.

nah it is not the same, are your brain cells damaged, good sir?
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-04 12:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
So if a smn pt asked you to a 2hr burn to get xp, you going to turn down that X amount of xp?

I did when i was solo`ing my blu, i hate skilling up for when its only a few lvls (like capping out at 75) but having to skillup from 13-75? no thanks
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-05-04 13:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how you get to 75, what determines a players skill is the energy they put into their job.

Someone could level their job to 75 the "traditional" way in a pt and still be a shitty player. I recently played with a PLD at lvl 61 who didn;t know jack about being a pld other than using voke and flash because they had a PL with them always.

So I could care less whether you level fighting mobs in a pt, campaign, FOV, AF Burn, Magic Burn. What matters is whether you spend time skilling up your job and learning how to play it.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 26 27 28