Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-02-27 14:56:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

That damn hamster will never learn.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-28 11:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already talked to several GM's about this, and they all say the same thing.."Astral burning isn't against the TOS, and it is not a exploitation, There is no hacking involved, Players aren't doing anything wrong" etc etc. It could be done before Level Sync.
 Fairy.Neptuneice
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Neptuneice 2009-02-28 11:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine talked me into doing this before with me being the level sync puppet. It blew my freaking mind, but it made me have conflicting feelings...
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-02-28 11:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so how exactly does this work? Am I being thrown off by the name astral (for 2hr) and can only do this once every 2hrs? If so even if u get a lot of mobs its still not that broken. Or do the smns just use a aoe blood pact all at the same time?
 Fairy.Neptuneice
By Fairy.Neptuneice 2009-02-28 11:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Ok, so how exactly does this work? Am I being thrown off by the name astral (for 2hr) and can only do this once every 2hrs? If so even if u get a lot of mobs its still not that broken. Or do the smns just use a aoe blood pact all at the same time?

Well the way it worked with the people that I was made to do it with was, there were more than just 6 people. There were people being cycled in and out based on if their 2hr's were up or not. They also utilized Ramuh's thunderspark (aoe lightning) and had some Corsairs waiting to 2hr. There were often long periods of waiting, however...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-28 12:30:08

Surreal said:
I've already talked to several GM's about this, and they all say the same thing.."Astral burning isn't against the TOS, and it is not a exploitation, There is no hacking involved, Players aren't doing anything wrong" etc etc. It could be done before Level Sync.

Not disagreeing with you or anything, but GMs are not the say all, end all power of what is and what is not okay. They simply enforce whatever vauge guidelines they're given. Similar to us reading the ToS. It's not set in stone, it's just something to go by. Only SE and SGMs have any real enforcing power/authority.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-28 12:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i don't really go by what GM's say either lol, At least we know for now that it's not a bannable offense. But knowing how SE works if enough people complain they'll do something xD Either really fast or they'll take years to even do anything.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-15 23:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i have not been following this thread for quite a while now and it may be a dead issue now. but i will have everyone know, that apparently interrupting an astral burn pull is a jailable offence. the other night, several players were jailed and one up to 72 hours for -againg a group of mobs that were being held for an astral burn group. they were jailed on the basis of griefing.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-15 23:57:59

Aye, it is against in-game policy to harass others in the manner in which they did. However, their flaw was that they made it blatantly obvious that was the intention. If they could have made reasonable doubt to the accused motive they most likely woulda gotten away with it. After all, yellow is free game. They coulda said something like they were farming or thought someone was in danger from the train or other *** lol.
 Siren.Anmorata
Server: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-03-15 23:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I knew you could do that, I've had ppl aga my groups, oddly enough after we got the hang of AF burns we haven't done it anymore
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-03-16 00:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Aye, it is against in-game policy to harass others in the manner in which they did. However, their flaw was that they made it blatantly obvious that was the intention. If they could have made reasonable doubt to the accused motive they most likely woulda gotten away with it. After all, yellow is free game. They coulda said something like they were farming or thought someone was in danger from the train or other *** lol.

yeah I've seen ppl do that, but I've seen the ppl who claim to be helping do it more then once, lol and that is the way to get around that too.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-16 01:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

well, in the SS my friends have, they have them in /say something along the lines of, "oh, i just saved that person from horrible danger!" but still didnt help them, lol. but just like Anmorata, once my group got the hang of it, we stopped, lol.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-16 01:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang this thread still going on!
 Remora.Kindle
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-16 03:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKc3RzS90Fs&feature=channel_page

=P
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-16 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kindle said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKc3RzS90Fs&feature=channel_page

=P

That was ***
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [187 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Ayrlie
user: Kimmy78
By Remora.Ayrlie 2009-09-19 12:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHSaYZMiLgU

someone ruins our AB pull, and later gets a 3 day FFXI jail sentence for it
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-19 12:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why necro-bump a thread like this? ; ; Now people are going to be flaming all over again.
[+]
 Valefor.Usul
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Usul 2009-09-19 12:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimmie some AFB to finish my smn!
 Seraph.Tankjr
Server: Seraph
user: Tankjr
By Seraph.Tankjr 2009-09-24 22:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoy your bans
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-24 23:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ayrlie said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHSaYZMiLgU

someone ruins our AB pull, and later gets a 3 day FFXI jail sentence for it

The only entertaining part of that video is watching Lorddeciever get killed by a Jammer Leech. That dude is trash. Always has been and always will be. Banned numerous times for being a *** and always returns with the same dumbass name and does the same dumbass ***. Definitely not anyone I miss from Remora.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-09-24 23:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're going to post a video atleast do it right...

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-24 23:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Two outcomes of Astral Burn.

Maat's Cap is as impressive as Walahra Turban.
over9000 morons who can't play any job right. Up almost 4% before the advent of Astral burn.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-24 23:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, for people saying "Enjoy your bans" And stuff, I have personally asked a GM if Astral Burn Violates the Terms of Service in any way, and was assured you cannot be banned for it, even when 'abusing' COR 2 hour. Then he said if at any time they plan to change that, it will be made publicly known through a terms of Service update, with no retroactive threat of ban. So have no worry about it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-25 00:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
over9000 morons who can't play any job right. Up almost 4% before the advent of Astral burn.

Protip: AFburning does not have any long-term effects on your ability to play a given job.
 Fairy.Deist
user: Deist
By Fairy.Deist 2009-09-25 01:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Zicdeh said:

Protip: AFburning does not have any long-term effects on your ability to play a given job.

I say it depends on the player. I have seen plenty of players come from a burn and know nothing of the job. And seen a some people come from it - and actually take the time after to learn it.
 Gilgamesh.Surazal
Server: Gilgamesh
user:
By Gilgamesh.Surazal 2009-09-25 02:12:38

Its not like noobs just stumble into astral burns. Even if the SMNs took a random sync-ee he'd only get 8-12 levels max out of it. Hardly a stupid maker difference. Not to mention for the SMNs and Leechers themselves, it does take some knowledge of game mechanics to pull off and astral flow properly. Not to mention, how many noobs know level 75s to run the mob trains into place for them?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-09-25 02:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, what it does is create tons of people who did not level their job, so they do not know what to do, yet have it at 75. Hence why It's only up 4% from before Astral Burns, cause too many morons already got to 75 from ToAU. If you can't see that, you're one of the morons in denial. Trust me, it's much more obvious from the outside.
 Bahamut.Incredible
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Incredible 2009-09-25 04:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys know that Windurst have long known of this...?

That's why it's called the forbidden magic...!
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-25 05:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate retards who AB in the early levels and don't take time to skill up on the 8-12 levels they missed out on cause they were distracted by the 1337 exp. Then they turn around and say "I am skilling up...right now in this party." Go skill up on someone else's time, not mine.
[+]
 Bahamut.Incredible
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Incredible 2009-09-25 06:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Katarzyna said:
I hate ratards who AB in the early levels and don't take time to skill up on the 8-12 levels they missed out on cause they were distracted by the 1337 exp.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 26 27 28