Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-20 15:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Let's get something straight, I have no nemesis. That would imply acknowledging the existince of someone which I don't.

LOL.. this made me laugh for some reason. Watch in like a year's time Malekith and Korpg will be best friends.
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 15:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

LoL that would be something, eh? oO

Truthfully, PB'd people have a better chance of SE taking mercy on them and being allowed to return than that happening... you can bet your bottom dollar on that.
 Remora.Kindle
Server: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-20 16:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wow 12 pages =P
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-20 16:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seems like we're a bunch of chatterboxes. :P
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-20 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Who else loves pizza as much as me?
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-02-20 16:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm... Well, we'd have to quantify exactly how much you love pizza to determine that... >.>
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:

Sicilian or Neopolitan style?

I just devoured two squares myself. :D Mmmm... pizza!
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-20 16:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Ummm... Well, we'd have to quantify exactly how much you love pizza to determine that... >.>

I could eat pizza for 1 meal every day and not get sick of it, granted that it wasn't the same style everyday.

Edit: Oh and </3 anchovies or pineapples on pizza ewww!
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-20 17:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:

God, I would kill for a plain old New York style cheese pizza...there was one place up here that did New York style and they went out of business like 6 months ago... >.<

I would kill for a cheesesteak, too. Grew up in Philly eating the best in the world and now I only get them once every couple years when I visit family ; ;
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-20 17:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:

ME!!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-20 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:

Bleh. Nasty stuff. There's no such thing as "pizza" around here, it's all crappy processed junk that tastes like ***.
 Bahamut.Ziggz
Server: Bahamut
user: Ziggz
By Bahamut.Ziggz 2009-02-20 17:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Yakutatazu said:

Bleh. Nasty stuff. There's no such thing as "pizza" around here, it's all crappy processed junk that tastes like ***.

ur crazy. bread, tomatoes, cheese + whatever else you could possibly desire. thats the only meal for me.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-20 18:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phioness said:
Korpg: Loves to trash on "That ugly Avatar Guy" any chance he can, and found a new nemesis in Woooodumajig on this forum. Will soon set the record for most posts and win the "I love to belittle people the most award"

Naw, Woooood will take that award, he posts too much here....

Both awards btw, I don't belittle people tbh, I treat them as I see them, like humans.

On subject though: IF you hate AF burn parties so much, go camp one out, then cast Diaga on the mobs after the first AF went off. That way, nobody would get more than 2 kills of exp (works better if you are 75/RDM15+). You win, they call a GM on you, you get jailed (maybe, why don't you try out and let us know ;p) and everyone is happy (only if you get banned)
 Shiva.Ethereal
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 18:36:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
On subject though: IF you hate AF burn parties so much, go camp one out, then cast Diaga on the mobs after the first AF went off. That way, nobody would get more than 2 kills of exp (works better if you are 75/RDM15+). You win, they call a GM on you, you get jailed (maybe, why don't you try out and let us know ;p) and everyone is happy (only if you get banned)

That's pretty tempting. Although I fail to see how you'd get in trouble for that. Yellow IS free game after all.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-20 19:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hot pic Ethereal
 Cerberus.Daskinnybear
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Daskinnybear 2009-02-20 19:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm i need to get on this myself i have a lvl 19 snm needin lvln and already have cor opened for 2 hour resets not to mention a bunch of low lvl jobs on multiple accounts to synch to. (and im not above killn other char to maintain proper AB lvls =P)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-20 19:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
IF you hate AF burn parties so much, go camp one out, then cast Diaga on the mobs after the first AF went off.

I did this to a few people I dislike on Garuda awhile ago. Took their whole train with me and zoned. Got lots of "QQ" tells and insults, enjoyed every one of them. They just reminded me why I wanted to do that to these people in the first place.

Nothing happened. Nobody's in the wrong. Was damn amusing though!
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-20 19:58:58

Wooooodum said:
Korpg said:
IF you hate AF burn parties so much, go camp one out, then cast Diaga on the mobs after the first AF went off.

I did this to a few people I dislike on Garuda awhile ago. Took their whole train with me and zoned. Got lots of "QQ" tells and insults, lapped it all up. Nothing happened. Nobody's in the wrong. Was damn amusing though!

I'd give you a high five if I could.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-02-20 20:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a LOT of LOL's off of this thread. WOULD NOT recommend drinking any kind of liquid while reading. Guaranteed it will come out of your nose or mouth. Took me 2 whole hours to read all 12 pages. Can't beleive it got that far. All because of stuborness.

All I can say is people that play now can never appreciate what they have for experience. As a few people stated JPs controlling everything and even being lucky to get a "bought PL" by them. I remember it was depressing on my first 75 (BLM) to get to 75 because at level 69 it was like 44,000 tnl (the current 75 exp bar) and 69-75 camps were ***preCoP, ToAU, WotG where the maximum exp you would or could get was 175, maybe even 185 exp with a high chain of FOUR! Woo!

All camps were overcrowded (the few like 3 or 4 there were.) There was no campaign, no besieged, no exp rings, there were PLENTY of mean *** jps(and i don't mean leet, cool players) where YOU HAD to do your job right if you EVER had the chance to get an invite and just tough love all around. Word travelled around IF you were lucky and you made a name for yourself with them; and you couldn't just be good at your job you had to know your manners.

Sadly EVEN THEN majority of the times you wouln't get invites to those "uber" jp parties with all the above traits. but now times are different and the new players don't know how hard it was back then so to them, this idea for ABF is "easy exp" when in actuality it is now that things are extremely easy.(exlcuding the gimping of drop rates and bcnms...) but to ppl that have endevored many years of *** from SE, JPs, cut throat players and the original RMT troup (they are watered down RMT now compared to the old days) this is a welcome addition for an alternative to exp. the blm gimp, rng gimp all, nin gimp, and any other proceeding gimp happened because someone QQ'ed and it got out of hand. they call them S.T.F.U for a reason. (for the slow ones Special Task Force Unit.)

IN summary of my ideas: SE is a business. They don't give a f*** about what you want. They just wnat your money. WHatever the majority wants they will do to keep the profits rolling in and keep their company going. Look at their history and you'll see my thought process.

Human nature will always happen. intelligence and stupidity. assimilation and dissent. its shown on the forums and anywhere in the world all the time. everyone will alwyas agree to disagree. but that makes it fun.

so like someone, said kalvin was probably trolling for an amusement factor. while many of you were trying to have a great intellectual conversation, he was (possibly) LOLing with his 10 yr old friends assuming how much effort some people were putting in to convince him.

BUT Back on Topic:

PAPA JOHNS > GREASY HUT (pizza hut for the ppl that need help understanding)

THANKS FOR READING! I HAD A LOT OF IDEAS PACKED FROM READING THIS WHOLE THREAD AND I STILL DIDN'T GET IT ALL OUT!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-20 20:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone that is pro AF burn seems to have the same argument.

"I know how to play my job, doing this for merits or w/e reason"

Any of you ever asked the person you are syncing to if its his/hers main job? If they can handle getting however many levels in 1 shot and having extremely gimped w/e skill after that?

Obviously its not only SMN75 doing this for merits.

As I've said before, I couldnt care less on how ppl get to 75 or how fast they do it. But the argument that you know your job, dont need skillups, are 75 and just doing it for merits doesnt really cut it imo.

Ask any new player "Hey, do you want 10 (or however many levels you get) levels in 5 min, all you have to do is level sync with us and sit there"

Think he'll say no?

In my opinion, the moral question about this isn't if it's right or wrong to do AF burns, but is it right to bring a person in as a sync target who might not know that he will be gimped afterwards, and use this so that you who do know your job, dont need skillups, and doing it for merits can get fast exp?

My guess is that it might be you who ends up in a party with this person eventually, and calling him a noob coz he dont know how to play his job,or because his skills are extremely gimped.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-02-20 21:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This wouldn't be so bad if you could pull it off w/o needing a high level person to gather everything.

Back to topic though: I like to mix it up where pizza comes from, I like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Ceasers, etc but sometimes you need a homemade or home style deli pizza. And then other times I want a Totinos or some frozen pizza like Red Baron or Digoronos.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-02-20 21:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
As I've said before, I couldnt care less on how ppl get to 75 or how fast they do it. But the argument that you know your job, dont need skillups, are 75 and just doing it for merits doesnt really cut it imo.

Ive seen this throughout the whole thread itself. Contradiction. If it did not bother you, then "but" would not have proceeded your response. it is a definite indicator that you had direct opposition to your proceeding idea. Malekith and wooooodum have had amazingly good points and I loved em. But thats my opinion. I mean the post was called "Views on AStral burning." but most of the idas have been redundant (as im adding to that redundancy). its an EFFICIENT way to get exp. its quick and easy. like someone said work smarter not harder. thats what this game is all about. figuring out puzzles and making things easier for yourself. thats why SE gives you nothing for clus or hints. you have to find everythign out on your own (which till this day i still dont understand how ppl figured some things out - like how to get optical hat...) anyway i think you see my point.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-20 21:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
My guess is that it might be you who ends up in a party with this person eventually, and calling him a noob coz he dont know how to play his job,or because his skills are extremely gimped.

Hypothetically speaking, were I or any of us to end up partying again with someone who AB'd to whatever level we were partying at, I'm sure as hell going to first ask if they skilled up! IF they didn't that's on them... and I'm looking for a rep. The noob insult part doesn't need to happen, unless of course they lied and over the course of the party it cost us...

Hell, I'd give the same treatment with anyone whose name I recognized from level-sync pt's at East Ron [S] or at Wajoam bird camp...

Fact is, I'm not playing this game for you. You're not playing this for me. At certain points our lives may intersect for a brief fleeting moment, and only at those times will I ever care about anyone else I find myself in pt with. After we part ways unless I feel like making a new friend, what you do post db of the pt is none of my business...

As has been repeated many times, IF the best reason for deeming AB pt's bad is because they'll unleash a horde of bad players THEN that's something the majority I think is willing to live with. The player community at large is more than able to police itself. Bad players are not going to make it into endgame LS, atleast not until they learn what they're supposed to do/ skillup.

BTW, I think RMT have a better way of acquiring 75 jobs, that being they can just buy toons. Lord knows they have, they will continue to, and it's just that easy for them.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-02-20 21:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

great point and i second that fully. that's what i was trying to say in a less lengthy way :P
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-02-20 22:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Stryyker said:
Quote:

Ive seen this throughout the whole thread itself. Contradiction. If it did not bother you, then "but" would not have proceeded your response. it is a definite indicator that you had direct opposition to your proceeding idea. Malekith and wooooodum have had amazingly good points and I loved em. But thats my opinion. I mean the post was called "Views on AStral burning." but most of the idas have been redundant (as im adding to that redundancy). its an EFFICIENT way to get exp. its quick and easy. like someone said work smarter not harder. thats what this game is all about. figuring out puzzles and making things easier for yourself. thats why SE gives you nothing for clus or hints. you have to find everythign out on your own (which till this day i still dont understand how ppl figured some things out - like how to get optical hat...) anyway i think you see my point.

I dont care if you wanna AF burn every single job to 75. But just because I dont care how You do it, i have the right of an opinion. there's no contradiction about that. I'm not telling you how you can/can't play your job am i?

My opinion goes for me only, I wouldn't do AF burn, simply because i dont wanna have to either stay gimped or spend however many hours skilling up.

bottom line. I don't care what you do and how you do it, BUT I have the right to an opinion

Call it contradiction if it'll make you happy.
 Shiva.Ethereal
user:
By Shiva.Ethereal 2009-02-20 22:26:00

Unfortunately having 60 levels handed to you on a silver platter without lifting a finger and being left out to simply "skill up" really doesn't leave much window of opportunity open for anyone to be a decent player.

I feel the whole point and purpose of leveling a job in the first place is to progressively learn the finer details of how that class functions and discovering it's purpose and utility in multiple situations as you move up in the levels.

I'm all for massive EXP, but the manner in which it's earned speaks in volumes about the player and their skill/intelligence/motives. I will have significantly more respect (regardless of whether or not they are good or bad) for a player that took the time, effort and will to learn as they go rather than having it all dumped on them at once without even drawing their weapon or casting.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-02-20 23:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethereal said:
Unfortunately having 60 levels handed to you on a silver platter without lifting a finger and being left out to simply "skill up" really doesn't leave much window of opportunity open for anyone to be a decent player.

I feel the whole point and purpose of leveling a job in the first place is to progressively learn the finer details of how that class functions and discovering it's purpose and utility in multiple situations as you move up in the levels.

I'm all for massive EXP, but the manner in which it's earned speaks in volumes about the player and their skill/intelligence/motives. I will have significantly more respect (regardless of whether or not they are good or bad) for a player that took the time, effort and will to learn as they go rather than having it all dumped on them at once without even drawing their weapon or casting.

True strike!
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-02-21 08:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of people seem to be getting offended about the whole AB thing, Honestly linking mobs is what alot of PL's do..Have you never had a PL in Valkrum Dunes rest aggro a bunch of goblins and then bring it to the party? It's kinda like that, but well more explosive xD I wouldn't recommend AB to a new player w/o some 75 jobs that already have capped skills or know how to play the job. I know very well how SMN works so AB wouldn't really affect me all that much, Just the lack of skillups which is the down-fall. It would be fun to do on WHM or BLM to get fast merits lol, Aggroing a whole zone isn't "intended" but heck, ***can happen @_@ I've accidentally aggroed goblins in tunnels all the time and by the time i look by i have a HUGE train behind me xD Meh, getting off track but it's 5AM and i can't sleep ._.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-02-21 14:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord, 12 pages in 3 days? I thought the forums were broken when I finished reading the first page and saw "Page: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12". This sounds like a fun way to level Galak SMN on a whim and just show up for Dynamis claiming SMN lot. :3
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2009-02-23 01:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Heys im back. The fact you arguing positively about AB and saying that ppl new to the game or ppl leveling their main jobs,"shouldn't" do AB parties, doesn't mean they can't do it, or they wouldn't do it. The only way to control this thing is to have SE nerf it. I don't care what you do, if you think you're right because you do it only once a week.. just about the worst thing you can do with it, think that there are some ppl somewhere doing that, and no one can stop them because you're selfish and you want your *** 20k/exp week. Who cares you say? ok just don't argue so much stuff when the answer is "who cares".
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28