Forum » FFXI » General » Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
Uuuuuuuhhhhh..... o_O
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My pld has 2.4k HP in abyssea. It is pretty well geared. Ill admit it though. Turul made me his *** last night.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

how are the new zones and mobs in FFXI?
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The point of the matter is that this gear is a HUGE increase from previous gear. Not a small update like they added before. They may as well have put a banner on the front-page of XI saying "XI, Casual edition"

The only thing I like about this is the fact that jobs will be more nostalgic and actually look like the job they are instead of full perle or pink dnc.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i honestly just want to see what all the AF3 stats are so i can just say "Wow, i dont have to give a ***about getting this"
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

way to answer my question Fli lol
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's going to be fairly obvious by 99 most jobs are going to full time AF3 +9 or w/e.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Oh sorry, I must have missed them adding in new HNM. All I saw was new mobs in Abyssea that you bring an alliance to kill.

oh i'm sorry fli...cuz HNMs werent pretty much always killed by alliance pre80?

HNM are harder than general mobs. Each person matters more than in an abyssea alliance when mobs last less than 10 seconds.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Oh sorry, I must have missed them adding in new HNM. All I saw was new mobs in Abyssea that you bring an alliance to kill.

HNM are harder than general mobs. Each person matters more than in an abyssea alliance when mobs last less than 10 seconds.

ITS THE SAME GODDAM CONCEPT AS OLD HNM.....there is no difference... kirin used to take an alliance to kill back in the day.... some Abyssea NMs take an alliance to kill... same ***..don't needlessly rag on a game you dont play when it was the same ***when you were playing lol just different mobs..
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Obviously hasnt done the hard NMs
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

Obviously hasnt done the hard NMs

I've fought plenty of hard NM's Most of the time I make it harder by low-manning because fighting NM's in alliances is such a bore. Not to mention rigid job choices.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My pld has 2.4k HP in abyssea. It is pretty well geared. Ill admit it though. Turul made me his *** last night.

I checked your PLD gears. Nothing special. Though youre right no hnm is hard, ffxi is ez mode
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol good lord some of you are never satisfied.... i hope FFXIV doesn't get stale for you guys after 6 months when you reach max level and there is nothing really to do

edit: if it even takes you 6 months to get max level lol
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:

I checked your PLD gears. Nothing special. Though youre right no hnm is hard, ffxi is ez mode

If your looking at the gearsets, those are old
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol good lord some of you are never satisfied.... i hope FFXIV doesn't get stale for you guys after 6 months when you reach max level and there is nothing really to do

XI didn't get stale after 6 months. XI got stale after 7 years and multiple crappy updates. (Yes, I dislike Abyssea)
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Itll take me less than 10 days to reach max level ;D
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

if ffxiv turns out bad thats just something im not going to waste my life over

i was satisfied with FFXI, i just didnt think i should play forever so i stopped

FFXI is a good game still

and for me FFXIV is a good game, i really wouldnt say either was better, just both better at certain things
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-09-09 19:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

XI didn't get stale after 6 months. XI got stale after 7 years and multiple crappy updates. (Yes, I dislike Abyssea)

The only problem i have with abyssea is the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE time limits. Make that ***unlimited.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

i still dont get what was so bad about abyssea, but there is no sense debating/arguing any of this really... the "hardcore 14" supporters are gonna bash 11 like its now a piece of trash, and i guess thats all there is to it... GL with 14, I won't be trying it at launch and maybe not even for a long long while.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing what XI could be is one of the reasons I have no drive for it any more.

I mean... XI shouldn't have been locked to PS2 limitations, it should have evolved in everything.

My dream update would be SE closing the game for 2 weeks and upgrading everything to XIV's standard visually and mechanically.

Again the graphics of XI don't bother me, there are some truly beautiful areas and artwork in the game... The issue I have is the limitation on the game mechanics, and the fact that it feels so dated. Every game has to evolve, and XI just hasn't/can't.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i still dont get what was so bad about abyssea, but there is no sense debating/arguing any of this really... the "hardcore 14" supporters are gonna bash 11 like its now a piece of trash, and i guess thats all there is to it... GL with 14, I won't be trying it at launch and maybe not even for a long long while.

Kind of like how every XI fanboy bashes XIV without even trying it. It works both ways.
By Zekko 2010-09-09 19:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My dream is FFXIV being excatly like FFXI, and by that i mean every single interface/item/menu/whatever is the same. BUT the game must have the graphics FF14 has now. That ***would be hawt
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 19:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the core mechanics behind XIV. I like the faster based combat and I especially like the crafting. XI has it's good points XIV has it's good points. XIV has more potential though.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 19:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

the same menus would have been nice...

and a search function would be nice too
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 19:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Kind of like how every XI fanboy bashes XIV without even trying it. It works both ways.

1) I can't try it yet...
2) my observations are solely based on interview videos I watch, game play I watch and feedback from BETA testers... so ya... I'm a mindless fanboy that just bashes 14 needlessly when I dont actually use observation skills.... ok
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

1) I can't try it yet...
2) my observations are solely based on interview videos I watch, game play I watch and feedback from BETA testers... so ya... I'm a mindless fanboy that just bashes 14 needlessly when I dont actually use observation skills.... ok

So you bash the game based on interviews that loosely show game-play footage? If you haven't tried the game yet you shouldn't bash it.

I'd suggest everyone tries it before saying it sucks. I've played XI and I've pointed out my opinions on it. Once you've tried XIV feel free to do the same thing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 20:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:

So you bash the game based on interviews that loosely show game-play footage? If you haven't tried the game yet you shouldn't bash it.

I'd suggest everyone tries it before saying it sucks. I've played XI and I've pointed out my opinions on it. Once you've tried XIV feel free to do the same thing.

well i never said 14 is trash... and feedback from players in the BETA doesn't give a hint at gameplay? like Bart said I just dont like what i see of the system...plain and simple it doesn't look like a game that is more fun than XI to me
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-09-09 20:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

its all about personal preference, some people will like FFXIV some FFXI and some WoW, it all depends on what interests u and what u find fun
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:

well i never said 14 is trash... and feedback from players in the BETA doesn't give a hint at gameplay? like Bart said I just dont like what i see of the system...plain and simple it doesn't look like a game that is more fun than XI to me

You imply XIV is trash in every thread remotely discussing it. You don't have to say the words to make the implied meaning obvious.

The difference is Bart actually tried the game before he said he disliked it, that's fine with me. I just don't like people saying the game is crap when they literally haven't played one second of it. That's how misinformation is spread.
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 20:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hastefeet said:
its all about personal preference, some people will like FFXIV some FFXI and some WoW, it all depends on what interests u and what u find fun

Again, pretty much that.

I liked XI's system, and I like XIV's system. XI's is more refined, but again Beta =/= completed game.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 14 15