Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

i couldn't disagree more... honestly.. head boosts ebuli and legs have +12 magic acc AND boost parsimony..whats a sch's main draw in nuking.... ebullience and parsimony with good magic acc from pants..... sorry i just really disagree there

In accordance to ebullience enhance on the head, it really depends if we get an extra strategem charge and lessen the recast of it. If it isn't an incredible boost to damage, to me it'll seem like a waste of a strategem when I could alacrity or parsimony and increase my DoT. I won't see high numbers but my efficiency and damage over all will be greater.

Now it's time to focus on the legs (also in the nuking aspect). I feel it's really simple to cap magic acc with sch and I don't need anymore. What I was really looking forward to was increase to mag. attack bonus. If the parsimony enhance is a great mp saver, then I'll take my comment back about being disappointed with this set. As with sch, I love it's efficiency and ability to cut down on mp cost greatly.

are you forgetting that the +12 magic acc now will let us nuke in stuff OTHER than AF body... so we can full nuke in teal with less resists or even the errant body or the +13int body (jasaran or w/e dropped from Ovni).... all in all AWESOME stuff for both healing and nuking sch's... enhance regen potency..*** ya seaking! lol
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-08 18:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helixx said:
Ok, the ony reason to uphold salvage would be:

Thf movement speed+12% feet.
Morrigan Body for refresh (unless you have dalmatica)

So yeah. Goodbye salvage, you overpriced, underrewarding PoS.

Hope af3 does not turn out same way salvage was.

You do realize that SE said they're going to do Salvage Gear Magian trials, right? So if the AF3+2 gear is awesome, imagine what SE has in store for Salvage Gear+1
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2010-09-08 18:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Caitsith.Megara said:
there you go

Omg brb gotta clean myself off
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 18:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
You do realize that SE said they're going to do Salvage Gear Magian trials, right? So if the AF3+2 gear is awesome, imagine what SE has in store for Salvage Gear+1

WHEN?? when did they tell us specifically salvage is gonna be ToM upgraded?

I've asked 18 times in other threads and nobody gave definitive proof lol... the "most valued possessions" argument is moot, because we already saw trials to relic weapons which is more than likely what they were referring to when saying that... hell if you think salvage is most valued some guy could have a signed bronze harness that his irl buddy signed before quitting or passing away irl...that would be that person's "most valued possession" but i dont see trials for EVERY armor in game, as it would be ridiculous.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-08 18:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Read on and see what you basically have to do to upgrade items.
Editing because quote fails...
Shiva.Superdan said:
Originally Posted by Byx on Alla
AF3 Magians!

Trial 4169 Lancer's Mezail (Head)
Level 85DRG 35Def Attack +7
Objectives: Retrieve 8 Lancer's seal: Head
Reward: Lancer's Mezail +1
DRG85 39DEF Attack +14 Haste +5%
Wyvern Occasionally absorbs damage taken

Next trial: 4229
Objective: Retrieve 6 cards of vision
Reward Lancer's Mezail +2 (BLUE BOX! SQUEEEEEEEEEE! ^^)
Level 85DRG 40def attack +20 Polearm skill +7
Haste +6%
Wyvern: Occ: absorbs damage taken
Set: Attack occ. varies with wyvern's HP (WTF does that mean.)

Legs: Trial 4189
LEVEL 83DRG
Lancer's Cuissots
47 def 3str 3vit
Objective: 8 lancer's seal: legs
Reward: Lancer's Cuissots +1
50def 7str 7vit attack+12
Increase critical hit damage
Enhances "Soul Jump" effect

Trial 4249
Objective: 6 cards of balance
Lancer's Cuissots +2
52def 9str 9vit 18attack
Increase critical hit damage
Enhances "Soul Jump" effect
Set: Attack occ. varies with Wyvern's HP

Feet LEVEL 81 DRG
4209 Lancer's Schynbalds (lolschynbald)
21def 3vit 4acc 4 atk (oh good, here's some acc)
Objective: 8 lancer's seals: feet
Reward: Lancer's Schynbalds +1
24def 7vit 8acc 8atk Haste +4%
"Spirit Jump" TP Bonus

Trial 4269
Objective: 6 cards of voyage
26def vit+10 acc+12 atk+12 haste +5%
"Spirit Jump" TP Bonus
Set: Attack occ: varies with wyvern's HP
 Cerberus.Nekdal
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2010-09-08 18:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

dude show pics of the drg AF3 not type the ***out... and what about PLD GDI!
[+]
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-09-08 18:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol oh dear...between studying, work and the rest of the stuff going on in life my chances of getting any of stuff is low. God damn you SE, this gear is epic!
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-08 18:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What are these lancer seals? Sort of the new job specific Testimonies?
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-08 18:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nekdal said:

...If you go back ONE page you will see the stats for PLD.

Haven't seen a picture of DRG either, but the stats are there.. should be greatful.

>.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-09-08 18:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean really... learn to *** read a thread before asking for ***.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 18:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:
Ok, the ony reason to uphold salvage would be: Thf movement speed+12% feet. Morrigan Body for refresh (unless you have dalmatica) So yeah. Goodbye salvage, you overpriced, underrewarding PoS. Hope af3 does not turn out same way salvage was.

They haven't mentioned any directly about salvage upgrades at all, just a vague "updates for existing armor" comment. Source or ->
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-08 18:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

i couldn't disagree more... honestly.. head boosts ebuli and legs have +12 magic acc AND boost parsimony..whats a sch's main draw in nuking.... ebullience and parsimony with good magic acc from pants..... sorry i just really disagree there

In accordance to ebullience enhance on the head, it really depends if we get an extra strategem charge and lessen the recast of it. If it isn't an incredible boost to damage, to me it'll seem like a waste of a strategem when I could alacrity or parsimony and increase my DoT. I won't see high numbers but my efficiency and damage over all will be greater.

Now it's time to focus on the legs (also in the nuking aspect). I feel it's really simple to cap magic acc with sch and I don't need anymore. What I was really looking forward to was increase to mag. attack bonus. If the parsimony enhance is a great mp saver, then I'll take my comment back about being disappointed with this set. As with sch, I love it's efficiency and ability to cut down on mp cost greatly.

are you forgetting that the +12 magic acc now will let us nuke in stuff OTHER than AF body... so we can full nuke in teal with less resists or even the errant body or the +13int body (jasaran or w/e dropped from Ovni).... all in all AWESOME stuff for both healing and nuking sch's... enhance regen potency..*** ya seaking! lol

You've been nuking in af body even after the addition of teal? That's a pretty bad idea I must say my friend. Obviously you have the right idea but aren't accustomed to crunching numbers of already obtainable gear sets and what benefits you most.

tl'dr version: Not nuking in Teal(Int 6 mag acc and att4) for something like Elemental Magic skill+15 is a very bad idea and you should rethink your logic.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 18:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

umm ya until your ***gets resisted bad even in teal... high lvl mobs that AREN'T puddings, say hi... seriously lol you ever try to nuke in besieged? lol enough said (not saying its the best example, but there are mobs that are akin to that level out there now)
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 18:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Sylph.Ixe said:
Does anyone know HOW exactly to get these?!!
The same way you get everything else, use your vagina. <333 j.k j.k
/uses
did it work!?!!
/checks inventory
LIES! lol
Guess you just don't know how to use it then ;)
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-08 18:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
umm ya until your ***gets resisted bad even in teal... high lvl mobs that AREN'T puddings, say hi... seriously lol you ever try to nuke in besieged? lol enough said (not saying its the best example, but there are mobs that are akin to that level out there now)

If you are getting resisted as bad as you say you are, you aren't doing it right and need to examine what you're doing wrong. That or stop playing the BLM side of SCH.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 18:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Yeah not getting resisted isn't that hard. I've nuked in full dmg gear on everything but a few HNMs for years now and had good landing rates. And for those mobs I just would sub in af gloves.

Hell I've been nuking most HNMs as a rdm/sch pretty well in mostly dmg set. THough it has a lot of int and some skill in it. Gogo af+1 helm
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-08 18:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nekdal said:
Wasn't posting to post stats. Was posting trial objectives so people stop asking how these are made. What I quoted was posted on page 3 btw...
Also finished editing it so it's a little easier to read.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 18:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

AF body only offers 15macc with Dark Arts (I'm not sure how much Dark Arts gives alone since I don't have SCH) but Teal offers anywhere between 8-12 macc alone.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 18:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont think its entirely just the magic acc from skill plus, but isn't there is check on skill itself for resists? (dark arts is a massive bonus from nothing to arts itself.. go from D >> B+)
 Asura.Serano
Server: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-09-08 18:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Aleste said:
A semi-decent whm can belt out ~1k cure5's. (Probably higher) Cure5 costs 135 mp, 121 w/ light arts. 5% of ~1000 hp healed is ~50mp. ~1000 HP healed, ~250 dmg stoneskin (aff. solace) Cure5 for 71mp. That can't be right.. surely?
My whm cures 1044 o.O w/o any of this gear.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-08 18:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i dont think its entirely just the magic acc from skill plus, but isn't there is check on skill itself for resists? (dark arts is a massive bonus from nothing to arts itself.. go from D >> B+)

With Dark arts, merits, HQ staves, and proper gear setup, there is absolutely no reason to use SCH af body over teal body. You are losing a significant amount of damage. Please don't discuss something you aren't familiar with and do some research. Knowledge is truly power.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-08 18:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
No. skill + macc + 10 + .5 for ever int over 10dint= total macc

Which is checkd against mevv of mob to find resist rate.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 18:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well macc determines the resist rate, so 1skill > 1macc. So you get an additional 15? from AF body. Whereas Teal gives 6INT (3-6 macc) and 4 macc, so 7-10 total. It's only a difference of 5, so you wouldn't see any substantial difference between resist rates, but you would notice a huge damage gain from Teal. Short of anything of a very high level, I wouldn't use AF honestly.

Edit: whoops, Teal's 6INT not 8!
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-09-08 18:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it seems I was right. First level of abyssea produced the accessory to your af3 set. Ravager's gorget for WAR and Orison Cape for WHM as a couple of examples.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-09-08 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Jullias said:
Omg so exciting but I wonder what the requirements wil be for all of this
Seriously??? Once on page 3, then again 19 posts ago... jesus christ...
[+]
 Leviathan.Eburo
Server: Leviathan
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-09-08 18:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Megara said:

legs:str+8 dex+8 stp+7 haste+4 enhance hasso
feet: str+8 acc/att+15 conservTP+6 enhance sengikori

Skip to 8:24 for my reaction
[+]
 Titan.Jullias
Server: Titan
By Titan.Jullias 2010-09-08 18:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

can't wait
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-08 18:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

With Dark arts, merits, HQ staves, and proper gear setup, there is absolutely no reason to use SCH af body over teal body. You are losing a significant amount of damage. Please don't discuss something you aren't familiar with and do some research. Knowledge is truly power.

wow...i never said i FULLTIMED AF, i just use it when i get bad resists... take a chill pill, i've done "research" with my own field data..but ok sure... I apparently suck... lol w/e man
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2010-09-08 18:46:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Who was saying you full timed SCH af body? I was just stating that using it all 78 and up is pointless with the addition of the easily acquirable teal body.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 13 14