God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 38 39 40
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
"I saw a special on Discovery where this guy that was a janitor disproved Hawking in his theory of black holes and he diasappearance of light into one...... just cuz he is brilliant doesnt mean he's right bout everything...... he cant get out to see the world anyway.......unless he puts some 4x4 and mud tires on that go cart of his....."

lol.. someone has seen Good Will Hunting a few too many times.
at least he makes money, kiddo.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Saiii said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...
When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.
If you actually knew what she is talking about she proved what she was saying by alluding to the "facts" of the bible.
Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof. I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.
Says the guy who thinks the Earth 'rotates' around the sun. lol

You can try to harp on my mistype if you like, yes it rotates while revolving around the sun.

Would you now like to explain how this motion creates the law of gravity.

From wiki. Gravitation keeps the planets in orbit around the Sun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity see it yourself.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

then grab a *** book.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Saiii said:
Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists. And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists. Then that means every thought is = to god.
Circular reasoning. 2 degrees should be better than that.
More like freshman level logic.
Perhaps you have something better to add to my elementary reasoning? Other than god exists because you people think it exists.

"God" does not exist because of the thoughts of people that believe he exists.

"God" exists because "God" exists.

It is through subjective experience that "God" reveals his existance to the indivdual.

PS. I'm not actually stating in this thread that I believe in "God", only that the argument isn't as simple and easily dismissed as people like to make it seem.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists. And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists. Then that means every thought is = to god.
Perhaps you have something better to add to my elementary reasoning? Other than god exists because you people think it exists.

"God" does not exist because of the thoughts of people that believe he exists.

"God" exists because "God" exists.

It is through subjective experience that "God" reveals his existance to the indivdual.

PS. I'm not actually stating in this thread that I believe in "God", only that the argument isn't as simple and easily dismissed as people like to make it seem.

Yay for contradiction and inconsistency.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...
When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.
If you actually knew what she is talking about she proved what she was saying by alluding to the "facts" of the bible.
Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof. I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.
You can try to harp on my mistype if you like, yes it rotates while revolving around the sun. Would you now like to explain how this motion creates the law of gravity.
From wiki. Gravitation keeps the planets in orbit around the Sun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity see it yourself.

Yes, we are all aware of how gravity works. However, our friend here, is the one who has claimed that the motion of the Earth around our sun is in fact the "creator" of the law of gravity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 21:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

You can try to harp on my mistype if you like, yes it rotates while revolving around the sun.

Would you now like to explain how this motion creates the law of gravity.

There isn't a "law of gravity" it is the "law of relativity". It states space is a fabric of energy. Currently we are orbiting around the sun. If the sun were to disappear, the earth would be continuing on in its path for 8 more minutes because the void in the fabric of space would flatten out at the speed of light.

And not everything "rotates", it just depends how the mass was formed and how much momentum and centripetal force the object was experiencing before it was caught in the wave of space fabric caused by the larger object.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 21:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You can try to harp on my mistype if you like, yes it rotates while revolving around the sun. Would you now like to explain how this motion creates the law of gravity.

You'll have to read my comment again I guess >_>

I was being sarcastic.

And it wasn't a mistype..

You were attempting to correct me.

I said the Earth revolves around the sun, and you deliberately changed the word to rotate as if to imply that revolve is the wrong word.

But you ended up slapping yourself in the face.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny how the argument of god exists morphs every time to it's advantage to 'prove' of his existence, and each time it gets turned down miserably.

I see men defending god so fiercely, it truly makes me believe it's a creation of mankind.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
"God" does not exist because of the thoughts of people that believe he exists. "God" exists because "God" exists. It is through subjective experience that "God" reveals his existance to the indivdual. PS. I'm not actually stating in this thread that I believe in "God", only that the argument isn't as simple and easily dismissed as people like to make it seem.

There is neither in my post.

Please explain what you find to be either of those things.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
"God" does not exist because of the thoughts of people that believe he exists. "God" exists because "God" exists. It is through subjective experience that "God" reveals his existance to the indivdual. PS. I'm not actually stating in this thread that I believe in "God", only that the argument isn't as simple and easily dismissed as people like to make it seem.

There is neither in my post.

Please explain what you find to be either of those things.

not on your post, but it's all over the thread.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

is so easy not to believe :/
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, contrary, so easy to believe and accept any explanation given.
so easy to point a finger at humankind and say ' it was created by god' instead of finding out how we ended up here.

[+]
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You'll have to read my comment again I guess >_> I was being sarcastic. And it wasn't a mistype.. You were attempting to correct me. I said the Earth revolves around the sun, and you deliberately changed the word to rotate as if to imply that revolve is the wrong word. But you ended up slapping yourself in the face.

No, I did not change it deliberately. I'm just doing several things at once and used the wrong term.

Revolve is the correct word.

Claims of sarcasim now, just seems to be an attempt to cover your mistake.

Post deleted by User.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
There isn't a "law of gravity" it is the "law of relativity". It states space is a fabric of energy. Currently we are orbiting around the sun. If the sun were to disappear, the earth would be continuing on in its path for 8 more minutes because the void in the fabric of space would flatten out at the speed of light. And not everything "rotates", it just depends how the mass was formed and how much momentum and centripetal force the object was experiencing before it was caught in the wave of space fabric caused by the larger object.

People seem to have enough trouble with the concept of more mass = more gravity.

Much less trying to describe space fabric.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:15:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
***, it is really simple. If no one believed in god there be no god as he is only an idea at this day and age. The day some divine light comes down and reveals to you that god is real with no one at that moment believing in him happens then sure I will agree with that.

I just said that "God's" existance is not dependant on your ideas, rather he is revealed through subjective experience.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 21:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You'll have to read my comment again I guess >_> I was being sarcastic. And it wasn't a mistype.. You were attempting to correct me. I said the Earth revolves around the sun, and you deliberately changed the word to rotate as if to imply that revolve is the wrong word. But you ended up slapping yourself in the face.

No, I did not change it deliberately. I'm just doing several things at once and used the wrong term.

Revolve is the correct word.

Claims of sarcasim now, just seems to be an attempt to cover your mistake.

saying you were doing several things at once, an attempt to cover your mistake.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 21:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
No, I did not change it deliberately. I'm just doing several things at once and used the wrong term. Revolve is the correct word. Claims of sarcasim now, just seems to be an attempt to cover your mistake.

Claims of a mistype seems to be an attempt to cover your stupidity :/

The Fryin Pan is Hot. -Mistype

The Frying Car is Hot. -Is just stupid

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-02 21:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate?

Just wondering because I'll just leave now.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a reason for why I made a mistake yes.

I fully admit using the wrong term.

I made a mistake.

< < Admitting to the mistake.

Will he follow suit?
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:

lol, contrary, so easy to believe and accept any explanation given.
so easy to point a finger at humankind and say ' it was created by god' instead of finding out how we ended up here.

I sometimes agree, with that, and have my doubts.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 21:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So this thread has come down to picking on small errors instead of interesting debate?

Just wondering because I'll just leave now.

do you believe or not believe?

Post deleted by User.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 21:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
EtienneLoire said:

But yeah lets say he pops out of no where and says...

"well yeah I did create you guys and everything, but I never commanded any of you to create those religious texts but here I am the thing that created you!"

Let's suppose things that don't exist do exist!

Wait wut?

My point was religious people say a creator exist thousands of years ago, but to not show proof.

But would it matter if he does exist? if he does he is not the god of the bible, nope he would be different.

But theist still have won.
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 21:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
It is a reason for why I made a mistake yes. I fully admit using the wrong term. I made a mistake. < < Admitting to the mistake. Will he follow suit?

I'm well aware how gravity works.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 38 39 40