God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » God did not create the universe, says Hawking
God did not create the universe, says Hawking
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 38 39 40

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By EtienneLoire 2010-09-02 20:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tool said:
Off to work folks.
Have fun, and keep it classy.
Don't wanna see an interesting discussion/debate get locked cause someone took it upon themselves to be an inconsiderate jackass.

who?!?!?
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I love how the comments on Yahoo! are like: "Was Mr. Hawking there when the universe was created? No! Ok then, he doesn't know!!!!"

One would be surprised we even have Historical Geology and Anthropology as a science after reading this ***.

Was a believer there when god created the universe? No! Okay then, god doesn't exist!!!!

Right?
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I love how the comments on Yahoo! are like: "Was Mr. Hawking there when the universe was created? No! Ok then, he doesn't know!!!!"

One would be surprised we even have Historical Geology and Anthropology as a science after reading this ***.
were you there when god spoke to jesus? NO!

science has been around a shorter of time than god, and has explained more things than the argument of god made it or whatever.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 20:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I love how the comments on Yahoo! are like: "Was Mr. Hawking there when the universe was created? No! Ok then, he doesn't know!!!!" One would be surprised we even have Historical Geology and Anthropology as a science after reading this ***.

Here's an idea.

Why don't you log on and roll with us to abyssea you ***.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
But really, if you believe in god and have a good life, or being an atheist and having a good life, I Don't see anything wrong with believing or not believing. Why to bring this endless thread?
because we all want the absolute truth, at least intelligent people dont like being blinded by ignorance.

and that's why they have to make fun of religion?

If someone ran down the street screaming like a retard "I saw the devil" would you make fun of her?
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 20:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
But really, if you believe in god and have a good life, or being an atheist and having a good life, I Don't see anything wrong with believing or not believing. Why to bring this endless thread?
because we all want the absolute truth, at least intelligent people dont like being blinded by ignorance.
and that's why they have to make fun of religion?

I'm sure that you would pick on full grown man that still believed in the Easter Bunny.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...

When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.

If you actually knew what she is talking about she proved what she was saying by alluding to the "facts" of the bible.
thank you

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-02 20:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I love how the comments on Yahoo! are like: "Was Mr. Hawking there when the universe was created? No! Ok then, he doesn't know!!!!" One would be surprised we even have Historical Geology and Anthropology as a science after reading this ***.
Here's an idea. Why don't you log on and roll with us to abyssea you ***.

lol, I can't :(

I'm visiting my family and their computer is trash! I should be back home by the end of the week though.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i wasnt making fun of religion... sorry if my opinion seems that way

if i was as sensitibe to the matter as you id say religion makes fun of the laws of nature...and life itself
 Valefor.Bladerah
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Bladerah 2010-09-02 20:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Randomguy said:
Valefor.Bladerah said:
Yup, after all of this information I just have one thing i'd like to say. *** Stephen Hawking Thank you that is all.
Just because his concepts are beyond you doesn't mean it is beyond anyone else. Give the guy a chance to speak before telling him to *** himself.
oh its not beyond me, i just really dont care since im sure he knows nothing more about this subject than anyone else.
He knows more than me.
ok well he knows more about it than u, but just u and nobody else.
And I assume you know more about god than Hawkings and myself.
feel free to assume that, but i dont, just saying its all just speculation, thats all it can be really at this point.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists.

And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists.

Then that means every thought is = to god.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists.

And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists.

Then that means every thought is = to god.
we are god.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-09-02 20:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe in Altana. She has never shown herself directly to me yet in a cutscene, but I know she exists because of all the amazing things she has brought forth in Vanadiel.

The other day I asked Doctor Shantotto, arguably the smartest person in Vanadiel, to disprove the existence of Altana. She didn't say anything to me all. I think the absence of a valid argument must indicate the existence of Altana.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 20:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
god is male? isnt he outside this universe? how can you tell? and werent we created out of his image...so he is evil as well. Welcome! being inconsistant.
If "God" exists, it is unlikely that he would have a sex as we understand them. I think people use "he" because they don't like to use the word "it" to describe something so important to them.
i didnt want answers, i just wanted to prove how inconsistant god is. making him more of a thought than a real thing...
When you post something that is false and claim it to be "proof" of something, you should expect "answers" in return.
If you actually knew what she is talking about she proved what she was saying by alluding to the "facts" of the bible.

Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof.

I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Twinbladehaseo 2010-09-02 20:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
i wasnt making fun of religion... sorry if my opinion seems that way

if i was as sensitibe to the matter as you id say religion makes fun of the laws of nature...and life itself

And you right too
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The bible's creation story was written by a man.

Man > god then.
[+]
By Saiii 2010-09-02 20:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists. And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists. Then that means every thought is = to god.

Circular reasoning.

2 degrees should be better than that.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof.

I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.
saying your belief in god is enough for him to exist is a childs argument.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-09-02 20:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What say you now! Look what your religion has brought!

Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-09-02 20:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof. I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.

Says the guy who thinks the Earth 'rotates' around the sun.

lol
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:
Since no evidence (obviously) has been presented that god exists. And those that do present "proof" only states it's the thought that exists. Then that means every thought is = to god.

Circular reasoning.

More like freshman level logic.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-09-02 20:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Saiii said:

Circular reasoning.

More like freshman level logic.

Perhaps you have something better to add to my elementary reasoning?

Other than god exists because you people think it exists.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-02 20:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am god, i make people.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-02 21:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"I saw a special on Discovery where this guy that was a janitor disproved Hawking in his theory of black holes and he diasappearance of light into one...... just cuz he is brilliant doesnt mean he's right bout everything...... he cant get out to see the world anyway.......unless he puts some 4x4 and mud tires on that go cart of his....."

lol.. someone has seen Good Will Hunting a few too many times.
By Saiii 2010-09-02 21:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Saiii said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Saiii said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sorry, but posting a non paradox then claiming it to be something is not proof. I do know what she is saying and it's a child's argument.
Says the guy who thinks the Earth 'rotates' around the sun. lol

You can try to harp on my mistype if you like, yes it rotates while revolving around the sun.

Would you now like to explain how this motion creates the law of gravity.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 38 39 40