Wee my ffxiv works again!

I can post again...
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-09-11 19:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys gals guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys!

... I got my Gae Bolg. :D And Artemis Bow is at Garuda/Titan clear stage ('w')! AND I get to +1 my Gae Bolg on Monday! (assuming points reset after maintenance...)
 Garuda.Cloull
Server: Garuda
user: Cloull
By Garuda.Cloull 2013-09-11 20:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys gals guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys guys!

... I got my Gae Bolg. :D And Artemis Bow is at Garuda/Titan clear stage ('w')! AND I get to +1 my Gae Bolg on Monday! (assuming points reset after maintenance...)

What is the process for upgrading the relic to +1?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-11 21:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to beat the story to be able to get relic right? where is a link to send me to relic guide
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-11 21:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

are relics super hard to get, or easy compaired to the FFXI counterparts?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2013-09-11 21:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said: »
are relics super hard to get, or easy compaired to the FFXI counterparts?
It's a lot easier than it was in 1.0.

Depending on your Titan group, it may or may not be easy.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-09-11 21:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't mind snagging a relic weapon for a job or two... i may have to look into how it works, but for now, i've been super leveling my miner and ARM
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-09-11 21:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
you have to beat the story to be able to get relic right? where is a link to send me to relic guide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISoTTcusikw

video sums up everything in like 8 mins, watch the whole thing are you will be good to go as to where to start and what to do.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-09-11 21:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

- Complete the main story.
- Complete all of your class and job quests. (Class goes from Lv1-30. Job 30-50. Must repeat all of them in 2.0)
- Complete Aurum Vale (Nedrick in Vesper Bay gives the quest.)
- Gain access to Amdapor Keep. (Completing Aurum Vale, then speaking to Nedrick > your grand company officer > guard outside of keep will unlock it)

Once you have completed all of the above, speak to Nedrick again for a quest about the legendary weapons. This will take you to Mor Dhona's Revenant's Toll. Speak to the middle woman of the three running the Tombstone stall. She will direct you to Hyrstmill in the North Shroud to speak to Gerolt.

Gerolt will, in turn, accpet (reluctantly...) to assist. First you must obtain your time-worn relic from one of the beastmen strongholds. He'll tell you which one for you job. (Must be done on that job.) Afterwards, return it to him. He will then request weapon with two melded materias on it to act as a base weapon. Materias for each Job are different, and he will tell you which. The base weapons are crafted, and you can obtain the base materials for the craft from Wanderer's Palace.

Afterwards, when you trade the weapon in, he will tell you to slay the dhorme chimera to obtain salts from within its gut. You must be on your job for the relic you are working on to get credit.

Once you have killed the Chimera, Gerolt asks you to get a book from the vender in Mor Dhona. She, however, asks that you obtain an Amdapor Glyph. Simply clear the dungeon on, you guessed it, your job you're making a relic weapon for, and you will obtain the glyph. Return to Mor Dhona and trade it for the book, then return to Gerolt. He'll hand you your unfinished relic weapon, and tell you to go practice with it. Kill 24 beastmen (8 of 3 different kinds in one stronghold) in the same stronghold you obtained your relic in, then return to Gerolt. He'll then tell you to slay the Hydra in Halatali with your relic weapon equipped.

Once the Hydra is dead, Gerolt will ask for the unfinished relic back. Afterwards, you must defeat...

Ifrit (Hard Mode; started in Vesper Bay after clearing main story)
Garuda (Hard Mode; started in Vesper Bay after defeating Ifrit)
Titan (Hard Mode; started in Vesper Bay after beating Garuda)

THEN! After ALL of that, you must buy the crafting material from the Darklight armor vendor with 900 Tombstones of Philosophy. Trade those to Gerolt, and you will have you relic weapon!

And that's it!
... lolj/k. You need to get 900 Mythology tombstones and buy three of the 300 crafting material items from the same vendor to +1 your relic. If your relic is PLD, it is 1 for +1 shield, and 2 for +1 sword. You can only get 300 tombstones of mythology a week though. Which means 3 weeks to +1 one relic.

For Chimmy, I recommend two BRDs to silence him when he does the Ram's/Dragon's Voice as those can one shot and cause wipes. The Hydra is so easy, you just can't go with derps.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-09-11 22:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

nice. already completed every job quest so far except arn jobs since arn is lvl 32. doing story with it atm, xD just got grand company. got a ways to go.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-09-11 23:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

People say they can level from 1 to 50 in three days. I have been playing since open beta/not so early access (damn log in errors) however and have only reached level 41. Assuming the method to leveling from 1 to 50 in three days doesn't require me to play 16 hours a day for three days I would be interested if someone could tell me how they level so fast. Even spamming fates at the rate I'm going it feels like I won't reach 50 for another 2 weeks. What specific fates are people spamming at what levels to level so fast?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-09-11 23:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Knivesz said: »
People say they can level from 1 to 50 in three days. I have been playing since open beta/not so early access (damn log in errors) however and have only reached level 41. Assuming the method to leveling from 1 to 50 in three days doesn't require me to play 16 hours a day for three days I would be interested if someone could tell me how they level so fast. Even spamming fates at the rate I'm going it feels like I won't reach 50 for another 2 weeks. What specific fates are people spamming at what levels to level so fast?

These are people that play for 16hours+ a day. >_>

Granted, I play for 16hours+ a day on most days, and still took me longer than three days to get Arcanist from 20(from beta4) to 50.

I do know, however, that you get an exp bonus for having a high level job. I had PLD DRG WHM BRD 50 from 1.0 and was getting a 50% exp bonus on everything, except quest and leve exp, on my battle jobs. Now I'm getting 55% EXP bonus with Arcanist at 50. And I do know that this exp bonus applies to FATEs.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-11 23:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Camp Dragonhead is good for fates around that level although it might be crowded. As you level, work your way west towards the higher level fates. 45+ you can camp in Revenant's Toll for Mor Dhona fates. Those last levels went very quickly for me doing mostly those and finishing up the main storyline. Did a lot of dungeon runs too but I had instant DF pops being a tank so YMMV.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-09-12 00:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There is one fate in Mor Dhona that gives a ton of exp because you just aoe spam mobs till only a minute left in it then you kill the mobs you need to to advance the fate. I forget what its called but its in like the middle east of the map.
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2013-09-12 06:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
There is one fate in Mor Dhona that gives a ton of exp because you just aoe spam mobs till only a minute left in it then you kill the mobs you need to to advance the fate. I forget what its called but its in like the middle east of the map.

Dark Designs and good luck getting the full 15 minutes out of the first fate the lambs are usually killed within the first 7 minutes.
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: masekase
By Masekase Hurricane 2013-09-12 08:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

noooooooooooooooo they made an asura server lol
Server: Phoenix
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-14 00:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hobo Botanist riding in style.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-09-14 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Titox said: »

first boss of the dungeon.....after 65 minutes....we gave up...

AoE Doom and 2x Bee final sting paradise without a way to dodge it! ; ;.......

sometimes the bee pop when it does doom......so you are looking for floor tiles that take out doom and trying to kill the bee before the final sting...... @.@......

P.S. I will try again tomorrow....my head got melted by 2xfinal sting 592 - 690 damage to me.... and Triclip for 692 which is instant cast @.@......
P.S.S. The tank got one shot once by 4k damage from 1 Bee with frightful roar on and maybe critical

The boss will only summon bees 5~6 times. DDs should INSTANTLY change to the bees and kill them asap. If you have a SCH/SMN/ACN present, tell the tank to keep the tauri where the bees spawn as best as possible. This way, you can Bane dots over to bees and have some progress made on the second when the first dies.

If you need to remove doom, run to the glowing square. That is the only way to remove it. Running over it rather than running and stopping is suggested, especially for sch/smn/anc. This will remove doom from the pet also.

It's an easy enough fight if you can get people to listen. :x

Yeah...the dungeon itself is easy....but the problem is the people ; ; LOL I gave up on it for the time being

Make pt with ls/fc members :)
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-14 21:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Having some issues with getting started on endgame.

I'm told we need at least the GC lv50 weapon to start doing Amdapor Keep and HM Ifrit.

Ok. To open up the rank to buy the weapon, I need to complete a GC quest....in Ampador Keep. Just spent the last hour and a half in there, only to time out on the last boss.

Where can I get some slight upgrades from my AF? Aurum Vale? Wanderer's Palace?
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-14 22:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dalmonn Highwind said: »

I'm told we need at least the GC lv50 weapon to start doing Amdapor Keep and HM Ifrit.

Ok. To open up the rank to buy the weapon, I need to complete a GC quest....in Ampador Keep. Just spent the last hour and a half in there, only to time out on the last boss.

Can easily (thought maybe a little time consuming) upgrade gear from AF to darklight by spamming CM. I just blindly did it my first time with a few new people and it was suuuuuper easy. As for the AK thing. Someone told me its possible to "join in progress" a group who has just cleared but not all have exit yet, thus getting you the clear once you exit. Haven't personally tried it but I will.
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-14 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravant Lehnsherr said: »

Can easily (thought maybe a little time consuming) upgrade gear from AF to darklight by spamming CM. I just blindly did it my first time with a few new people and it was suuuuuper easy. As for the AK thing. Someone told me its possible to "join in progress" a group who has just cleared but not all have exit yet, thus getting you the clear once you exit. Haven't personally tried it but I will.

CM? Castrum? I didn't notice any gear drops when I ran that for the story.

Good idea with the Join In Progress. May try that.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2013-09-14 23:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant seem to get a decent group for titan so im stuck there lol :/
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-09-14 23:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't any direct gear drops. Successful completion of Castrum (or Praetorium) gets you 100 tomestones which is the currency used to purchase Darklight gear and accessories. Darklight weapons drop from Wanderer's Palace, but you're at the mercy of the random drop generator.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-09-14 23:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat Titan HM tonight. Took me a week of PUGing. I'm going to pass out now.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-09-15 04:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

first boss of the dungeon.....after 65 minutes....we gave up...

AoE Doom and 2x Bee final sting paradise without a way to dodge it! ; ;.......

sometimes the bee pop when it does doom......so you are looking for floor tiles that take out doom and trying to kill the bee before the final sting...... @.@......

P.S. I will try again tomorrow....my head got melted by 2xfinal sting 592 - 690 damage to me.... and Triclip for 692 which is instant cast @.@......
P.S.S. The tank got one shot once by 4k damage from 1 Bee with frightful roar on and maybe critical

The boss will only summon bees 5~6 times. DDs should INSTANTLY change to the bees and kill them asap. If you have a SCH/SMN/ACN present, tell the tank to keep the tauri where the bees spawn as best as possible. This way, you can Bane dots over to bees and have some progress made on the second when the first dies.

If you need to remove doom, run to the glowing square. That is the only way to remove it. Running over it rather than running and stopping is suggested, especially for sch/smn/anc. This will remove doom from the pet also.

It's an easy enough fight if you can get people to listen. :x

Yeah...the dungeon itself is easy....but the problem is the people ; ; LOL I gave up on it for the time being

Make pt with ls/fc members :)
Playing solo currently...not even with my friends of real life or FF11 >.>; lol

i soloed copperbell mines last boss at 35%HP as Lancer.....never again! LOL

If anything....we were 3 people...1 tank and 2 dps......but i am dead inside for running for 15mins spamming Piercing Talon and using potion when needed

If I was archer...it would had been very easy lol
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-15 10:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

There aren't any direct gear drops. Successful completion of Castrum (or Praetorium) gets you 100 tomestones which is the currency used to purchase Darklight gear and accessories. Darklight weapons drop from Wanderer's Palace, but you're at the mercy of the random drop generator.

WP seemed easy enough.
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-15 13:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes sorry, CM Castrum. VERY simple dungeon and no cap on Philos Tomes makes it easy to spend a few days spamming it to deck out in Darklight. Darklight Gear will get you by to farm the harder dungeons/primals for weapons and Myth Tomes. Then use Myth tomes to slowly (keyword...) upgrade to Relic Gear. During all this keep an eye out for shouts or FC members working on relic weapon and work on yours also.

I've never done WP but I attempted AK as a fresh geared 50 yesterday to see how intense it was and the group I got put with couldnt even get past the first boss... I also joined an in progress run which put me at the Demon Wall and lol.... needless to say we quit that run too.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 33 34 35