Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-19 12:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If I buy the download for someone outside of the US, can I just give them the registration code or something? How can I go about doing that?

Nevermind, it's all sorted.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 12:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
nvm >.> guess i was missing a lot of stuff. but got it from the calamity npc

That'd explain a lot, I was wondering where my stuff is - still missing some bits myself D:

Whereabouts was this Calamity NPC in LL? :D
by the giant aether crystal. X11, Y14 in Lower

It's actually Upper Limsa. Here...

See where the Hammer(Repair NPC), Linkpearl (Linkshell NPC), and Letter (Moogle NPC) icons are on the map? That's Upper Limsa. The Calamity NPC is next to those three.

Also, score! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Cocien
Server: Leviathan
user: Cocien
By Leviathan.Cocien 2013-08-19 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hahahah, I've that standee sitting in the living room waiting to greet people as they come in my house.
[+]
 Fenrir.Deno
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2013-08-19 15:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I was doing the story missions, and after the copper bell mines one I had to protect a girl from forced oral operations. During the fight with the bodyguards there was some sort of FFII (maybe a different one I dunno) battle theme remix playing... Really want to hear it again and i'm having no luck finding anything to do with it on google or youtube... Help! T_T
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-08-19 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Deno said: »
Ok so I was doing the story missions, and after the copper bell mines one I had to protect a girl from forced oral operations. During the fight with the bodyguards there was some sort of FFII (maybe a different one I dunno) battle theme remix playing... Really want to hear it again and i'm having no luck finding anything to do with it on google or youtube... Help! T_T

haha yeah that made me laugh in phase 3. Something broke with my music this time when I did it..I don't know whats its called unfortunately.

---

I think my phase4 was relatively successful I stopped doing the mission line though because my archer hit the 20cap >.> and I didn't have a secondary job high enough to finish.

I had a 3 day plan. Was going to level archer on the first day and do all those thousands of quests. Day 2 was going to be missions. Day3 was going to be botony and crafting.

and I actually did all that. I got my archer to 20, marauder to 13, lancer to 12?, arcanist and conj to 8. My botony is 15 and my carpentry is 11.

only got up to the mission where you meet Minfilia though just because of the level cap or else I would have continued.

I got to explore a little bit..found some areas that were obviously blocked off in phase 3. Found the path that leads to mor dohna and got the aethryte but didn't go any further because of death.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 16:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually they play the music during both Eorzea collection videos. :o
YouTube Video Placeholder

Kujata.Daus said: »

My weekend went just as planned too. Never had that 3102/90000 problem. Only had 1017 "World is full please try again later" message like twice trying to get on yesterday. Waited 20mins and got on just fine. Managed to..

Level Arcanist from 1 to 20
Level THM from 10 to 20
Collect all the lv15 armor from the Dungeon (Foestriker is so purty hur dur.)
Level Miner from 5 to 19.
Level Goldsmithing from 1 to 17.
Level every other craft (except cul since it was 29 and woodworking cause it was 20) to 10.
Complete the main story that was playable in phase4.

First thing I'm doing after Early Access is joining a grand company. Have all my Lv50 grand company weapons for PLD/BRD/DRG and couldn't play any of those lol. Feeling kinda durpy about not saving any of my ifrit weapons... GC weapons were better than primal weapons in 1.0... Now primal weapons are better :< lol

SPEAKING OF DERPY!!! I bought that baby raptor minion via tokens (since I didn't have enough for any more darklight)! :3 When you're running, it head turns freaking everywhere lol
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 16:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

wait for the game to release and ppl will torrent the CE soundtrack. or just buy the CE.. or maybe the soundtrack will release on itunes after launch.

btw I didn't get that far in the story... "Forced oral operations" whats that mean exactly? >.> Because I'm going to a dark place and can't fathom them putting that in the game
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

wait for the game to release and ppl will torrent the CE soundtrack. or just buy the CE.. or maybe the soundtrack will release on itunes after launch.

btw I didn't get that far in the story... "Forced oral operations" whats that mean exactly? >.> Because I'm going to a dark place and can't fathom them putting that in the game

Um I think you misunderstood the wording? Then again, I can't seem to remember the exact wording either... Need to find a screenshot.

EDIT
While looking for a possible screenshot (I assumed if it was something that could cause offense to people, someone would have screenshot'd it and shared it...) I found this for crafting/gathering.
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2013-08-19 17:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I need advice on marauder tanking because I really would like to do the first couple newb dungeons on marauder. (to torture myself)

in phase3 I got yelled at cause I didn't know what I was doing but a blm told me to spam overpower and that helped.

having issues on the pc trying to target adds to grab hate..its just kinda all a mess and I still don't know what I'm doing.

I did a couple of those lvl10 guildleves..but thats it cause Im only 13.

I asked some of friends in my ls and they're very supportive "Daus...tanking on whm doesn't count as tank experience"

I was a total mage in 11.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 18:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mizuharu. My ocd kicked in and i noticed that pic has no note 3. >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-19 18:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For me, marauder tanking became easy once I got used to the focus targeting system and cycling through targets more efficiently. I use a controller so I can't really give you tips on how to do it on a keyboard :(

My first dungeon was a sloppy mess, because I kept unintentionally dropping targets or I wasn't selecting subtargets quick enough. But once I got that down, I could keep mobs on me even without Overpower. Only thing that kept stealing hate off me was that damn pikachu Carby >.>
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
For me, marauder tanking became easy once I got used to the focus targeting system and cycling through targets more efficiently. I use a controller so I can't really give you tips on how to do it on a keyboard :(

My first dungeon was a sloppy mess, because I kept unintentionally dropping targets or I wasn't selecting subtargets quick enough. But once I got that down, I could keep mobs on me even without Overpower. Only thing that kept stealing hate off me was that damn pikachu Carby >.>

I use controller too and cycling through enemies is tough. got any tips?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-19 18:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For mob targeting, you can change your targeting settings to 'Enemy only' on the fly using the LB+(some button I forget which) shortcut. That way using the left/right directional pad buttons will cycle through mobs only and ignore PCs and Carbys. It works well for situations where you don't need to target other players at all, like DD jobs and MRD tanking.

Even without that though, targeting functioned pretty intelligently using just the left/right buttons (up/down to cycle through party members).
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 19:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

does up/down work for carby? ive been using left right to cast healz on him.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-19 20:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So I know its probably posted places. but how much of the battle system did they change? If I remember correctly it looks like armor and weapons give different stuff now. Going to have to relearn a whole new game xD
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-08-19 21:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Daus said: »
I need advice on marauder tanking because I really would like to do the first couple newb dungeons on marauder. (to torture myself)

in phase3 I got yelled at cause I didn't know what I was doing but a blm told me to spam overpower and that helped.

having issues on the pc trying to target adds to grab hate..its just kinda all a mess and I still don't know what I'm doing.

I did a couple of those lvl10 guildleves..but thats it cause Im only 13.

I asked some of friends in my ls and they're very supportive "Daus...tanking on whm doesn't count as tank experience"

I was a total mage in 11.
F1 - Target Self
F2-8 - Target party member 2/3/4/5/6/7/8
F9 - Target Carbuncle/Ifrit Egi/Garuda Egi/Titan Egi/Any possible pet
F10 - Target nearest npc

Tab (by default) will only cycle through monsters. Tab will cycle from left to right (MonsterA -> Monster B), and Shift+Tab will cycle right to left (Monster A <- Monster B). Mouse can be used to quickly target a monster.

My best advice for MRD is to level GLD until it learns Flash and Provoke. Provoke is great since it has a slightly longer range than your tomahawk throwing skill and cost no TP. They recently updated TP gain in battle making 60TP recover in battle rather than the previous 50, so Overpower spam works. Some monsters, though, it's best to have a THM sleep them.

... But I've partied with a LOT of THMs that apparently never learned Sleep at Level 10, so you're mostly stuck Overpower spamming anyway. >_>
So I know its probably posted places. but how much of the battle system did they change? If I remember correctly it looks like armor and weapons give different stuff now. Going to have to relearn a whole new game xD
Battle is a much faster pace than compared to 1.0... It's not bad because of that because, while you're attacking faster, so are the monsters... Meaning you need to be quick to respond to certain situations (Example; Lv33 dungon in phase3 had a wyrm that'd spit toxic circles at you instantly. If the dragon stayed in the circle, it'd regen ~5% of its heal every tic.)

AF armor had a lot changed about it. They don't enhancing abilities anymore, but get a lot more stat boosts done to them. I'm only talking armor atm because I did not own a relic weapon in 1.0. :x

Mizuharu. My ocd kicked in and i noticed that pic has no note 3. >.>
Oh God why did you point that out... Now I'm freaking out...
[+]
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-20 01:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

....f9 targets your pet? i wish i knew that when i was trying to tank Sasha, haha. poor carby
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2013-08-20 02:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought the ps3 collectors edition (to get all the goodies, already have a 1.o CE) and am going to let my friend play using a second account im going to be paying for. I got it off amazon, and they sent me a promo code. Is that promo code for pre order bonus items, or is that for the full game? I ant the pre order bonus items on my main account, and use the activation on his. Anyone know?
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2013-08-20 02:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When i played as GLD on the first dungeon for the laugh.....there was times I couldn't take the hate of the pikachu carby, even when i was spamming savage blade or flash....takes hate like a beast O_o
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-20 02:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The best were the arcanists who would deploy emerald carbuncle in melee range and it would use that knockback move :(

yourenothelping.jpg

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Did a few dungeons as CNJ and I just left the arcanists to their own devices really because I did have trouble targeting the pets.
 Cerberus.Rairom
user: Rairom
By Cerberus.Rairom 2013-08-20 03:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Man... this game is fun. Coming off this phas of the beta i think the thing im most looking forward too now is continuing the crafting classes. The crafting is surprisingly addictive.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-20 03:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The best were the arcanists who would deploy emerald carbuncle in melee range and it would use that knockback move :(

yourenothelping.jpg

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Did a few dungeons as CNJ and I just left the arcanists to their own devices really because I did have trouble targeting the pets.

ya thats my current issue. i died once because i tried to target carby to heal him and locked onto some other monster and was trying to figure out why i couldnt target anything for like 20 seconds xD not use to the 360 controller and forgot i had my ps3 controller setup on my pc so that one was my bad. im sure i will feel more at home when i use the ps3 controller.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-20 08:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My SE account has FFXIV 1.0 linked with it, I bought ARR for the early access, my question is will I be able to apply the ARR code on the same account, even though it already has 1.0? Or will I have to make a new account?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-20 11:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be able to apply it to the same account. thats what I did. Though its annoying because everytime i login it says "ffxiv account 1 or 2? and 2 is my ARR one and has no characters on it. I just hope it doesnt charge me for having 2 accounts. (3 with ps3)
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-20 11:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I'm really confused. Either str,vit etc. + skills do a lot or... Ok I'm just really confused.

Drg relice weapon.. with the new stats says it has lower dps than garudas and about the same as moogle/ifrit. and it has the same stats as the moogle weapon just a bit more. So what makes it worth it? I have no idea how anything works in ffxiv atm. And does dps on a weapon even matter when all we really do is spam abilities? and if not is critical hit rating > skill speed?

Got all the info off

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/IklURU1TOklDSV9EQVRFRF8wOklTSV9XRUFQT046SVNJX0RSQUdPT04i
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-20 12:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also it looks like "Hero's" gear is the best followed by "Darklight" Well for accessories i mean. and i forgot about AF2 which just looks exactly like af1 but for end game... lol same lvl but 1 is way better. Do people know how to get af2 yet?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2013-08-20 15:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply. Helps put my mind at ease. :P
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-08-20 15:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If ps4 has remote play with ffxiv that will make me super happy. Also if they join in with the other publishers and make it so where if you buy the ps3 version of a game that is also coming out on ps4 you can buy the ps4 version for a huge discount. Isn't likely but here is to hoping
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35