Final Fantasy XIV General

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » Final Fantasy XIV General
Final Fantasy XIV General
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35
By AndiSorell 2012-03-04 12:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, I believe it does have the 30 trial period. Also, it is $9.99 for a sub right now, and will go back to $12.99 once 2.0 is out.
By Rhaokin 2012-03-04 16:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow very nice. Any server recommendation? Having a hard enough time to decide between Miqo'te, Elezen, or Hyuran.
By AndiSorell 2012-03-04 17:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Trabia! /steals all new people
[+]
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-03-04 17:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lalafell would be the popular pick. But among those you listed, maybe Hyur/Miqo.
By Rhaokin 2012-03-04 18:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I did really want to make an Elezen character, but I don't like their stubby ears. Also Hyuran actually looks amazing. Especially this hair.

So the game is 78% done downloading. Do I have to do updates after this is done? Also if so how long should it take?
By AndiSorell 2012-03-04 18:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be updates yes. Though depending on your ISP's speed there are people that can download all the updates in like, 30 minutes. So just depends.
By Rhaokin 2012-03-04 18:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably about 2 hours for me then. D:
By Reikouki 2012-03-04 20:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this is pretty general I'ma ask more questions like I have been doing in most threads, lol...

As far as making money goes, is it more worth it for me to NPC a lot of these items, or use my retainer to try and sell them? I've leveled up fishing to 17 and have a ton of fish, but not sure if I should just plop them all off at an NPC or not. I've also smithed up and mined a lot of things so I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it to try and bazaar or not.

And is it worth it to try and put her in the proper market area?
By Rhaokin 2012-03-05 01:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

All done. :3

http://www.ffxivpro.com/player/Trabia/Mariska-Holtzgrund

Apparently a RL friend of mine plays on Lindblum, and there's some sort of free world transfer event in preparation for a big server merger. Guess I may go there, but for now I'll just enjoy what I've got.
By maleko2 2012-03-05 11:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to possibly xfer to their server, you need to try to get your choice in ASAP. The time for applying runs now through the 19th, but there's 2 stages. On the 12th, any worlds that have met their number of max allowable players will be locked out of the selection process for good. Up until the 12th, people can change their mind to some extent. If you're fine with your current server, you dont have to do anything. You might notice that most worlds are already locked though, because SE didn't allow much wiggle room :P, however SE is manually updating the list of locked worlds periodically, so there is still a chance for them to be unlocked for a time.

Details about world transfer on Lodestone
By Mutsuhiko 2012-03-05 12:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

TRABIA FTW
By ZettaiRyouiki 2012-03-05 12:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you just started, it might be just as easy to delete the character and begin anew on your friend's server. (if that's what you want to do)

Welcome to the game though. Hope you enjoy your stay!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [465 days between previous and next post]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2013-06-13 15:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that they are separating the NA/EU and JP worlds?
I love the collaboration and the practice I got with JP players in FFXI. :c
By Alkaseltzer 2013-07-01 15:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Scrumpet said: »
Is anyone else a bit disappointed that they are separating the NA/EU and JP worlds?

They're only separating them for the server locations so that people don't have to play with lag, which always ends up making the people playing closer (Japan) look better in comparison to other people since they can react to things faster.

You could still setup a character on a JP server if you wanted to.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-01 16:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Never found communicating with other people using that mess known as the auto-translator function enjoyable so I didn't mind the idea of segregating the servers based on region. Though it sounds as though this isn't necessarily what was/is going to happen anyway.
 Sylph.Mizzou
Server: Sylph
user: Kogafox
By Sylph.Mizzou 2013-07-03 11:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I like this idea. If you prefer a smaller group of players to do things with, less competition... JP server (assuming we're meaning an NA player).
Siren.Knivesz said: »
Never found communicating with other people using that mess known as the auto-translator function enjoyable so I didn't mind the idea of segregating the servers based on region. Though it sounds as though this isn't necessarily what was/is going to happen anyway.

Agreed. And at the same time, I don't mind the diversity/cultural differences. Auto-translator is about as "simpleton" as you can get. And that's a bad thing. It would need more strategic references before I would I jump into a(n) <insert any language other than English> party/alliance.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-07-04 12:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure most people have seen this. but this is awesome. Though me and my cousin were wondering if you can join parties with people on your friends list who are in different worlds prior to using the duty finder.. Or if the duty finder will search your friends list first before pulling in random people.

Anyone have a link that might answer this question? thank you!
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
Server: Bahamut
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-04 13:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

FF XIII themes for FF XIV. Gdi SE let her die already.........

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613341

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-04 13:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf is that monk wielding, are those pieces of Bryn's engine?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-04 16:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Play as a male character and have this happen to me daily...

Or pick up playing as a female character so I can do this daily...

Hmm...
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2013-07-16 13:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you check out Eorzea Collection 2013 if you haven't already!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordzetta
user: Zetta
By Bahamut.Lordzetta 2013-07-26 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SE releases free FF14 themes to celebrate 1 million beta applicants.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/alliance/dl/
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2013-07-26 12:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm disappointed as well. I understand the technical reasons why, but it was something I particularly enjoyed, especially in the early phases of the game.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-26 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

I'm disappointed as well. I understand the technical reasons why, but it was something I particularly enjoyed, especially in the early phases of the game.

At least the duty finder is cross servers. I just wish you could add people to your friend lists. The ones you meet like that I mean
By Drivont 2013-07-27 03:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

At least the duty finder is cross servers. I just wish you could add people to your friend lists. The ones you meet like that I mean

They said they're working on a way to have the duty finder do just this very thing! Not sure of the timeframe though
 Sylph.Nephriel
Server: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2013-07-27 17:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Drivont said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »

They said they're working on a way to have the duty finder do just this very thing! Not sure of the timeframe though

That's good to know. Even after reading their explanation of why they won't do it (which is reasonable) I still wish there was a "same server only" option for the thing.
 Ragnarok.Acslater
Server: Ragnarok
user: nuuut
By Ragnarok.Acslater 2013-07-27 22:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what is there to be disappointed about you can still choose to play on a JP server if you want. But forcing all players to play with high latency in a very crowded MMO market seems like a terrible business decision. Especially considering the fact that a large majority of JP players already didn't care whether NA/EU wanted to play with them or not as well as many voicing displeasure about them being allowed to play on the same server as them.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-28 17:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zizek said: »
Make sure you check out Eorzea Collection 2013 if you haven't already!

I want to rip the audio from the music and make a ringtone out of it... D:
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-29 10:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Double post, blah blah blah Arcanist abilities.

Wait what? Yeah... I found a video where Arcanist and Summoner's abilities were datamined.

(Please note that, because Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner are not officially released yet, these abilities are NOT final. As the video poster makes very clear during the video)

That said, if Barrier and Protect stack... ermahgawd.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-07-29 11:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If they don't nerf/remove the ability to have an avatar absorb damage for a party member, it leaves a chance that SMN will be useful in endgame content :3
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35