First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-23 18:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Corrin said:
Yeah we updated the drivers but I dont think its that. I had to update mine and it wouldnt even load the log in screen until I did mine. And as far as I can tell that is the processor speed.
Make sure you're updating from the manufacturer and not depending on windows update.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-23 18:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory is mine! I've finally got my PS2 controller working with FFXIV. That was a headache and a half.
 Siren.Corrin
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2010-09-23 18:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ha, well tyvm for the help.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-23 18:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Victory is mine! I've finally got my PS2 controller working with FFXIV. That was a headache and a half.

It's sooo much easier to play with the controller then with the keyboard.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-23 18:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Well, the keyboard is better for hitting individual actions on the bar. However, it's worth it just for moving around.
By Izey 2010-09-23 18:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Is there a server list anywhere? like in "playonline.com" shows the ff11 severs and when maintenance is on and stuff?
By Izey 2010-09-23 18:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Well, the keyboard is better for hitting individual actions on the bar. However, it's worth it just for moving around.

How do we fail about a Gamepad =)?

I never used one before thinking about getting.... I got a Razer LED blue Keyboard and Mouse >_>;
And the Game pad looks and feels really comfy and nice... ^^;
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-23 18:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

+1

I played OB with my keyboard and could not stand it, during the last 2 days or so I got a 360 controller and I don't think I can go back to a keyboard/mouse for XIV.
By Izey 2010-09-23 18:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

+1

I played OB with my keyboard and could not stand it, during the last 2 days or so I got a 360 controller and I don't think I can go back to a keyboard/mouse for XIV.

So everyone feels better about controller =3?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-23 18:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

+1

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I have to say, thsi game just FEELS like it was meant for a controller. Not to say K/M is not awesome to use, but I feel a lot better using a Controller.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-23 18:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The game feels like it was made for a controller, but then again XI always seemed that way to me as well.

Also: ATI cards seem to suffer from the "black screen" error where the client doesn't procede after displaying the SquareEnix logo. For me, running the Config utility and tweaking some graphics settings -- any graphics settings -- will fix the problem until it comes back again at some later time.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-23 18:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Izey said:
Is there a server list anywhere? like in "playonline.com" shows the ff11 severs and when maintenance is on and stuff?

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/worldstatus/
By Izey 2010-09-23 19:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Izey said:
Izey said:

Thank you soooo much =)
By Izey 2010-09-23 19:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Izey said:
Izey said:

Thank you soooo much =)

MY next question is.... if Lindblum is closed (For now) How will I know when its up unless I leave an account empty with no character to check if the server is available =\?

Ideas?
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-23 20:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

can i set a ps3 controller with my mac for this game? remeber im running windows 7 with it.
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-23 20:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
MY next question is.... if Lindblum is closed (For now) How will I know when its up unless I leave an account empty with no character to check if the server is available =\?

Ideas?

You could keep checking http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/. News updates are posted whenever servers are closed or opened back up.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-23 20:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
can i set a ps3 controller with my mac for this game? remeber im running windows 7 with it.

doesnt it just plug into a usb port? dont see why not :~o
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-23 20:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

doesnt it just plug into a usb port? dont see why not :~o
yes
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-09-23 20:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

still debating whether or not to buy :| ffxi is still kinda fun.. but i need something to do while i have no stones :{
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-23 20:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Izey said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

+1

Well since I only played XI with a controller, it feels more natural. I died yesterday when I was just using the KB cause I couldn't find the key for Active/Passive mode then I had to use the mouse to target the mob, but the camera was facing the opposite way. ;_;

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-23 20:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

PS3 controller won't work by default. motionjoy is the program to use.

PS2 controller is a different process, and motionjoy won't fix it.
By Izey 2010-09-23 20:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We're all in Lindblum now =)

If anyone trying to get in get in now~
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-09-23 20:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Izey said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

+1

Well since I only played XI with a controller, it feels more natural. I died yesterday when I was just using the KB cause I couldn't find the key for Active/Passive mode then I had to use the mouse to target the mob, but the camera was facing the opposite way. ;_;

It's F on the Keyboard. =P
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-23 21:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Halfpint said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Halfpint said:
Depth of Field and Ambient Occulsion, ammm...pretty sure depth of field relates to "how far" you can see in the distance but what is Ambient occulsion?
The way ambient light is handled wrt to the way light is usually occluded (blocked) from edgeds on 3d mesh. Its like a negative image almost, and thats overlaid with diffuse, to give a much more 3D effect. Sharper edges, better AA
Translation pls...lost me there...talk to me like the total computer illeterate person i am..lol
Ah, light shines on you (diffuse) however you also reflect light (ambient), well if you just cut on diffuse and ambient the way a computer calculates it, you would look like an angel, radiating light. So the occlusion attempts to overly the shadows of ambient light (they occur at flat and concave surfaces) with the overly lit up portions from diffuse, so the object doesn't shine. its shadowed in the appropriate areas to give a more realistic 3D effect
This is from a few pages back, but in 3D modeling applications, this isn't how ambient occlusion works, (or it's just explained in a way that makes no sense to me) not sure if it's the same for FFXIV or not. Ambient Occlusion is a shading technique that doesn't rely on lights at all, but uses the distance between objects to determine their brightness. If you have a scene with no distinct light (like an overcast day for instance), the effect it makes on it's own is actually quite realistic, but when it's combined with actual shadows in the correct fashion it really brings life and depth to 3D models.

This image is big, so I'll just clicky it, but this is an image of a scene with JUST the ambient occlusion pass, no other textures or lights. Notice how the light doesn't seem to be coming from any particular direction?

Clicky
By Flionheart 2010-09-23 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch notes from todays update btw:
Code
- An issue wherein objects such as doors could not be displayed properly has been addressed.

- An issue where action bars could not be switched under certain conditions has been addressed.

- An issue whereby the “Sleep” effect caused by sheep monsters’ “lullaby” would not wear off when supposed to has been addressed.

- An issue that caused the remains of Doblyn monsters to persist even after being defeated has been addressed.

- An issue where the text “(Your character’s name) was defeated by (your character’s name)” was displayed when defeated by damage over time effects has been addressed.

- An error caused when selecting clear while trying to mark an NPC has been addressed.

- The time of effect for the crafting ability “Preserve” was incorrect, and has been addressed.

- The craft level and necessary crystals for certain fishing hooks were incorrect, and have been fixed.

- A measure to prevent servers crashing under certain conditions has been implemented.

- Other minor issues have also been addressed.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-09-23 22:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Flionheart said:
Patch notes from todays update btw:
Code
- An issue wherein objects such as doors could not be displayed properly has been addressed.

- An issue where action bars could not be switched under certain conditions has been addressed.

- An issue whereby the “Sleep” effect caused by sheep monsters’ “lullaby” would not wear off when supposed to has been addressed.

- An issue that caused the remains of Doblyn monsters to persist even after being defeated has been addressed.

- An issue where the text “(Your character’s name) was defeated by (your character’s name)” was displayed when defeated by damage over time effects has been addressed.

- An error caused when selecting clear while trying to mark an NPC has been addressed.

- The time of effect for the crafting ability “Preserve” was incorrect, and has been addressed.

- The craft level and necessary crystals for certain fishing hooks were incorrect, and have been fixed.

- A measure to prevent servers crashing under certain conditions has been implemented.

- Other minor issues have also been addressed.

Pretty much you guys are still in beta lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-23 22:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i hear the payment options are ***and worst than pol, is that true? i canceled my order i am having second thoughts lol
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-23 22:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Server just knocked me off ><
 Cerberus.Blossoming
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blossoming 2010-09-23 22:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Been having problems at launch of game after the Square-Enix logo flashes on launch it closes. I believe my current specs should be able to run the game but not sure if maybe i'm missing something here.

Windows 7 64-bit
-Ram 2.00 GB
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz

My resolution is 1280X960 and is matched in the FFXIV config.

And my Driver currently is running NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce430

I keep getting error message about unable to detect DirectX device. Was able to create character and choose server, then logged out to set-up my 360 pad attempted log back in and would get kicked. My friend next door is also getting the same message except he is able to log on for about 20 mins and eventually recieves the same error message.

If anyone has any reccomendations on if I need to update my driver etc and what I should prob have my settings at would be greatly appreciated. Just hoping I didn't spend the 80.00 to have to wait for a PS3 release now.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-24 07:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would check the drivers first. Make sure you don't rely on windows update.

Latest drivers for your card:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-258.96-whql-driver.html

There were a couple other things I was going to recommend you download from them, but I can't find the links right now.

Out of curiosity, what direct x version do you have?
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 33 34 35