League Of Legends

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » League of Legends
League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 577 578 579
By Avitori 2012-11-12 20:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, Season 3 patch is happening exact same time as black ops 2 release...coincidence?

Either way, I got a lot of gaming to do this week lol
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-11-12 22:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice way to end the season. Ghaleon went full beast mode. :)

I never made it even to silver like I wanted, but I guess it's okay. I dropped from 1223 all the way to 650 not taking ranked seriously and dodging a lot (when elo was lost), then duo'd it back up to 1047 slowly by using Lux.

Final S2 scores with Lux:

Also Ellie Goulding is an elo booster.

Avitori said: »
So like, Season 3 patch is happening exact same time as black ops 2 release...coincidence?

Either way, I got a lot of gaming to do this week lol

My tv broke 2 hours into RE6, so I have to finish that. Also picked up NFS: Most Wanted and Halo 4 since then, haven't even opened NFS or finished Halo yet. Have 2 days off work too >_>
[+]
By SSJAV 2012-11-13 02:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I remembered why I didn't want to ranked this season. Enemy mid roams map cause they take mid turret fast; team *** I'm bad because enemy starts roaming (Died twice but killed her once.) so I push to her turret and she ignores it and kills bot because they ignore pings. >| If you tunnel vision and die that's your fault not mine. ***. >|
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-13 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

New Darius and LuLu Skins:

inb4 PBE
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-13 10:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Your damn right, and they will both me mine as soon as they come out >:O

Oh, and the Lulu art is amazing, I am so excite to get that skin.
By volkom 2012-11-13 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

season 2 :| was fun

hope to get more pentakills this season
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-13 10:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone up for a few matches? I got some time to kill.
 Asura.Lolserj
Server: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-13 10:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Minefield said: »
Your damn right, and they will both me mine as soon as they come out >:O

Oh, and the Lulu art is amazing, I am so excite to get that skin.

they made it look weird in game though, I was excited for it until she had the creepy human face
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2012-11-13 10:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Played a game on EUW for fun, OMG everything insta casts @.@
I never realized it makes that much of a difference for me to play on NA lol
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-13 10:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was pumped for a decent Darius skin but this one is just bad. Big disappointment :(

Depends your ping on NA servers. I have 160-180 on NA, 20-40 on EU. I find the difference to be there but not that big. I do notice the ping whenever I have a close 1v1, as most of the time if I was on the EU server, it would either be a victory or a draw for me, not a pure loss. However, if it ever breaks 200, everything is lost for me, the delay can be felt and unless I am super fed/in no brain mode, I can't do anything.

But I didn't see a single difference when it comes to last hiting, I still suck even with a ping of 20.
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-13 10:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still not entirely sure who I want to main this season
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-13 11:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

After watching the spotlight, I'll main myselfZED.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-13 11:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zed looks like a lot of fun, and I'm probably going to play and try him in some normal games, but I'm looking at which couple champions I want to primarily play in Ranked games. Maybe Corki and Vayne, I'm not entirely sure though
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-13 11:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of the 4 matches I have done in ranked, I was surprised to be able to call top/mid without anyone going against it. But I guess that if you want to succeed, you have to adapt to every role. Trying to find 1-3 champs to buy for jungle and support, but I really hope to be able to stay top.

If so, I'll probably focus on Jax, ZED and maybe Irelia, or Lee Sin. They are the ones I'm the most confident with atm (well, bar ZED).
By Rhaokin 2012-11-13 11:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I plan to primary Lux (ap super carry), Graves (ad carry), Leona (support tank), Jayce (top), and Lee Sin (jungle) this season.

With that said, I really need to practice top lane and jungle and work on positioning with ad carry.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-13 11:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends, you should get good at every role, but if you look at a lot of higher ELO players you'll notice that they primarily play only a few champions

And it seems like the best way to actually raise ELO is to pick a champion you think you're good with and just play with that champion.
You'll end up knowing the champion very well and will probably play it at a higher skill level than the other people in your game, so you will have a better shot at winning your lane and carrying
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-11-13 11:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I do agree by myself but people like to insist that you suck and shouldn't play ranked if you don't know all 5 roles. :(
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-11-13 11:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you get to diamond ELO playing a single champion I'm sure you'd know the game well enough to not care
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-11-13 11:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess. I noticed that I had better results when I used to spam Jax/Darius and not give a *** about what was in front than when I started expanding my champion collection and tried to play the counter game without much enthusiasm/practice.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-11-13 11:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone explain to me the Top role? xD

I thought roles were like Jungler, AD Carry, Support, Tank, Bruiser, AP Mid, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-13 11:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends.

There are 5 lane positions, that can be filled by any number of different champ types. There's a plethora of champ types and sub champ types.

The 5 lane positions are Bot ADC, Bot Support, Mid, Top, and Jungle.

Of theses 5 lane positions they can be different roles. The most basic champ types are support, AD/AP carries, bruisers, and tanks. But there are a lot of subtypes following these.

Support can be tanky support, sustain support, or kill secure support.

Bot ADC is almost always ranged AD carry.

Mid is generally ap carry, but can be tanky (cho/galio) or ad caster (like talon), or anti-ap bruiser (which is why you might've seen a number of mid lees).

Jungle can be tanky, bruiser, and carry, and of these can either be ad or ap.

Top can really be anything, but usually fills a bruiser role.

So within the 5 lanes you need an appropriate diversity of champ roles to make your team viable. The reason you need both ad and ap is because one team too heavily weighted to one or the other is susceptible to hard countering with armor or mr. You generally want a tank to initiate, soak up dmg, and harass the enemy carries. You want a bruiser to follow the tank and be able to take some hits while doing damage to the enemy team. Carries stay on the outside and try and do as much dmg as possible while simultaneously taking as little as possible.

Each of these lane positions can really be any champ role, but current meta usually sees the adc with the support (because of manaless adc farming capability and dragon control), ap solo mid( due to the push/gank flow of that lane), top and jungle. Tops tend to be bruisers in part because of the lane structure. It's a longer lane than mid, and harder to make it back to turret if you get ganked, so you want to be sure you can either escape or take a few hits on your way back to turret. They are also harder to successfully dive.

But there's no requirement that top be bruiser. I've had games where after we decided initial lane assignments we've still switched up and put bruiser mid and top ap to avoid unfavorable matchups. I'm a big fan of Akali top because she's a good counter bruiser. Her early game harass can make it difficult for a bruiser to farm if they don't know how to handle her.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and doesn't make it more confusing. :/
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-11-13 13:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
I'm still not entirely sure who I want to main this season
Im going to try to aim for mid and see how that carries me. I did so well on Kass its sad I didnt know him when I started. I have decent strong top, and great jungler champs to be able to cover anything needed. I really dont want bot, but I have 90% of all the supports in the game so even then I can cover that, I play a mean game on sona/sora. Depending how things go this season I might practice a bit more on nunu/ali/blitz/taric support.

Speaking about junglers, I dont know how the new jungle will be but Im thinking skarner/warwick are going to be strong still.
By Avitori 2012-11-13 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

All this talk of maining one or two champions doesn't work in ranked. There will be plenty of times you are last pick and you will be stuck support/jungle/adc or anything you don't want to play. "Calling" your favorite role won't work because people don't care to listen.

So unless you dodge every time you dont get the role you want, you are gunna have to at least be proficient at all of them.

Also, alot of new people here starting ranked, having about 900 matches done in season 2 from ranked alone, I will say it is probably the singlemost frustrating experience I have ever had in a game trying to get to 1600+ ELO
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-13 13:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

4/5 is ok, barring saying "i can't support" people may work around you if you can't adc for instance.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-11-13 13:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
All this talk of maining one or two champions doesn't work in ranked. There will be plenty of times you are last pick and you will be stuck support/jungle/adc or anything you don't want to play. "Calling" your favorite role won't work because people don't care to listen.

So unless you dodge every time you dont get the role you want, you are gunna have to at least be proficient at all of them.

Also, alot of new people here starting ranked, having about 900 matches done in season 2 from ranked alone, I will say it is probably the singlemost frustrating experience I have ever had in a game trying to get to 1600+ ELO
90% of the time, I always get the role I want. I have plenty of champs to fill in any role and honestly im not worried about the least role I enjoy, since everyone from what I can see wants ADC, and I hate ADC.

Most dont want to support, and support is like my #2, #1 thing to do.
 Asura.Dominate
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-11-13 13:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who is serious about ranked knows that they have to be proficient in all roles. But everyone has champs/roles they are best at. :p

I think I would rather people at least speak up than end up in a role they're pretty clueless about. Not saying it's okay, but at least you've been warned and what not.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-13 14:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Support is boring to most people so if you enjoy playing it in ranked, then sure you will get it 90% of the time... That doesn't apply to most people.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-11-13 14:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant see it as boring, support makes a lot of the plays down bot, its really hard to get bored, if anything ADC is boring
 Asura.Dominate
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-11-13 14:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Support isn't boring for me either, most of the time. However, people typically play/enjoy games like this because it's competitive. ADC is much more competitive in nature than supporting.
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 577 578 579