League of Legends
First Page 2 3 ... 340 341 342 ... 577 578 579
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 13:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing Ryze a lot lately but I'm having a really bad run of games in general.
By Rhaokin 2012-11-12 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The plays!

Edit: Wrong SS lol :x

It's taking a while but I think I'm beginning to actually enjoy support... Not sure if good thing. Supporting so many Ezreals has me itching to play him so I gave it a shot. :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 13:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhaokin said: »
The plays!
?
By Avitori 2012-11-12 14:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to play Ryze more but I only have 4 rune pages and he needs his own special set of runes to be effective. There are still some champions I want to buy first (Elise). :<
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 14:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I use M.pen/M.regen/ScalingMR/Spell Vamp quints, but movement speed quints work too.
By Avitori 2012-11-12 14:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

mPen/mPlv/mPlv/movement is what I want to do for Ryze. Need to buy the mana per level runes and movement quints.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 14:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand the mPlv route. Sure, it gives some more oomph but I don't see it helping your late game a whole lot.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 14:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ryze peaks midgame, falls off a little late.
By Avitori 2012-11-12 14:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Health p/lvl yellows and MR blues might work too, and I have those already so I might give it a shot tonight.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-12 14:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
ryze peaks midgame, falls off a little late.

I used to love playing LeBlanc and stoping people midgame. She is fun as hell but her late game sucks so bad, not to mention she is almost worthless in teamfights.
 Sylph.Shinobu
Server: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2012-11-12 15:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're looking for a solid mid, play Ahri. The best counters to her really don't counter her due to how her kit works. Leblanc is rarely seen because magic resist runes shut down her early game and an early abysal scepter means shes gonna do a whole lot of nothing to you. Ryze counters ahri if you let him tough you, which you should never really need to let happen. Her mobility, cc and true damage means that at best you will not feed an ahri. A good ahri is something to fear no matter who you play because no matter how good youre doing, a random landed charm can end your advantage. Really, the only way to beat an ahri is to outplay her.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 15:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Leblanc a good assassin though? I've never played her, I'm just curious why people say she gets shut down, and falls off late game. I still see her melt squishies.
By volkom 2012-11-12 15:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shinobu said: »
If you're looking for a solid mid, play Ahri. The best counters to her really don't counter her due to how her kit works. Leblanc is rarely seen because magic resist runes shut down her early game and an early abysal scepter means shes gonna do a whole lot of nothing to you. Ryze counters ahri if you let him tough you, which you should never really need to let happen. Her mobility, cc and true damage means that at best you will not feed an ahri. A good ahri is something to fear no matter who you play because no matter how good youre doing, a random landed charm can end your advantage. Really, the only way to beat an ahri is to outplay her.

LeBlanc and Talon say hi
By Avitori 2012-11-12 15:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I think in the end it all comes down to who you're best with. I believe every champion in this game has potential and player skill and practice is probably more important than anything else that i've seen.

On another note, this new item looks amazin'

Wooglet's Witchcap
New Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Chain Mail
Total Gold Cost: 3500 (combine cost: 1200)
+100 Ability Power
+50 Armor
Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%
Unique Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)
Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
Removed Zhonya's Hourglass from Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
Removed Rabadon's Deathcap from Crystal Scar

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/end-season-2-patch-notes
By volkom 2012-11-12 15:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i've played
Skill > counterpicking

although counterpicking does help a ton
[+]
By Avitori 2012-11-12 15:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Isn't Leblanc a good assassin though? I've never played her, I'm just curious why people say she gets shut down, and falls off late game. I still see her melt squishies.

She is extremely good at shutting down AD and AP carries (unless they are tanky like ryze and swain). The problem is you only get one chance to burst someone down and after that you are stuck on cooldowns. If you play LeBlanc you have to try to end the game early before everyone becomes tanky, and the ADC gets Guardian's Angel.
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-11-12 15:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just rage-afk'd for the first time instead of bitching at a teammate, but I felt bad so I came back 10min later and somehow we won...

Does practice really make perfect when playing bottom lane support? I don't feel like I'm getting better at much of anything other than warding and maybe initiating. Also how do you deal with a counter-aggressive Blitz/Alistar in blind pick when you have a kill lane setup? It seems destined to fail when you chose a config that relies on getting kills but they turret hug with blitz and make it impossible to be aggressive.
By Avitori 2012-11-12 15:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When playing support, pray you have a competent ADC or you're pretty much screwed.
[+]
By Rhaokin 2012-11-12 15:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This Draven walked into a blitz grab under their turret 3x before even 8 min, which is why I afk'd <_>
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 15:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Out-farm them and don't over-extend. If you properly control your laning waves, the minions will get closer and closer to your turret, without being under it, and denying them exp/CS.
 Sylph.Shinobu
Server: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2012-11-12 15:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

LeBlanc and Talon say hi

I actually covered Leblanc in what I had said. Talon on the other hand does better against her but as long as you don't feed him, Ahri scales way better than talon, not to mention he comes with the same issue as Ryze in that she out ranges him.
By volkom 2012-11-12 15:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

LeBlanc and Talon say hi

I actually covered Leblanc in what I had said. Talon on the other hand does better against her but as long as you don't feed him, Ahri scales way better than talon, not to mention he comes with the same issue as Ryze in that she out ranges him.

true but all he has to do is rake to farm, and usually 1 rakes kills waves. on top of that his burst could probably kill ahri and if she charms him and begins her combo, soon as the charm's done he just ults and runs away. Also if he decides to engage, he silences ahri which lasts for a bit.

as for LB. lv.2 burst = dead ahri if the lb is good enough
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-12 16:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
I think in the end it all comes down to who you're best with. I believe every champion in this game has potential and player skill and practice is probably more important than anything else that i've seen.

On another note, this new item looks amazin'

Wooglet's Witchcap
New Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod + Chain Mail
Total Gold Cost: 3500 (combine cost: 1200)
+100 Ability Power
+50 Armor
Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%
Unique Active: Places your champion into Stasis for 2.5 seconds, rendering you invulnerable and untargetable but unable to take any action (90 second cooldown)
Now available on Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
Removed Zhonya's Hourglass from Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar
Removed Rabadon's Deathcap from Crystal Scar

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/end-season-2-patch-notes

Twisted Treeline only, Dominion too I think.

If the Ryze doesn't suck he'll destroy Ahri since he has a spammable snare and is tanky as all hell. You'd have to shut him down early when he should be farming to do anything against him.

Diana destroys her as well, as does Kassadin. She isn't end-all-be-all of APs, every champ has a counter.

And Ryze doesn't fall off late-game, he has a really strong mid/late game since he has probably the highest constantly dps of all APs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
And Ryze doesn't fall off late-game, he has a really strong mid/late game since he has probably the highest constantly dps of all APs.
He doesn't fall off hard late game, but his mid is stronger. All aps dip late.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 16:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryze goes defensive late game is why. Sacrifices burst output for sustained.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 16:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-11-12 16:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fits just perfect for Ryze though. The longer he's in the fight, the more he can mash those abilities and the more dangerous he becomes. He can seriously melt people if he focuses; pop that ult and it spreads team-wide.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-12 16:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

First time Fiddle.

And Ryze doesn't sacrifice damage to be tanky, he gets damage from being tanky.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-11-12 16:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ka-kaw~
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-11-12 17:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhaokin said: »
I just rage-afk'd for the first time instead of bitching at a teammate, but I felt bad so I came back 10min later and somehow we won...
Because despite being afk for 10 minutes you still outwarded the other team.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 340 341 342 ... 577 578 579