Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 840 841 842 ... 843 844 845
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-04 08:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

“How do pakitz work, how do i maek bazaar pakit”

On a forum if an online videogame where people use a third party tool alongside its addons to do a plethora of things, some of which are not natively permissible by the client, among which is a relatively popular addon that has the functionality to set the bazaar price of all of a certain item to a specific value at the entry of a simple command.

For *** sake, this guy probably puts both his fingers in L shapes to remember which hand is left.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-04 08:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Knowing that a junk packet was sent and knowing how to send said packet are not the same.

It's right in windower's libs, I don't think anyone is going to make an addon just for you to cheat with. It only works on items that are not hardcoded EX anyway, which limits it to augmented items that were not initially augmented.

Also probably risky, just because it makes SE look bad. Though, I know people have done this intentionally for years now.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-04 08:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were simple they would've been selling fully rp'd items years ago, the first instance in the wild wouldn't have been yesterday.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-04 08:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It is simple, it's just the same packet you use to bazaar anything else. It's not used wildly because it's obvious to anyone looking at it that you cheated and people probably don't want to be GMed for it. What's the potential use? You won't get the full value of heroism back, and if you're farming RP just to sell the item later.. the buyer is gonna probably be weirded out too.

Bellhop on Ashita did it with no modifications until I specifically added an exception for it not to. Presumably windower has some bazaaring addon that doesn't have the same exception and the person used that.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-04 08:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No ones selling fully RPed items in port Jeuno because its *** painfully obvious your running tools to do things youre not supposed to do.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-04 08:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

https://github.com/Ivaar/Windower-addons/blob/6596d4958b2d3a3f780c53c6480ccfc5bcf9ceca/AuctionHelper/AuctionHelper.lua#L187

Yea, no check there. The item resource won't show no pc trade if it's an item that can be traded until augmented(the same mistake SE made).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-04 09:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were simple they would've been selling fully rp'd items years ago, the first instance in the wild wouldn't have been yesterday.

You know, for an RMT who posts on everything single thread, all day every day for the past decade, you never seem to really know any pertinent details about how these technical things work. It's fascinating. The loudest but don't know anything. It's always Thorny or a couple others who have to spell it out with crayon for you. You're really not as badass as a cheater as you pretend to be. I'm disappointed. You should be like Robin hood and feed the lowly with all this knowledge, but you need to be spoonfed yourself.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-04 09:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just make money, I'm not interested in hacks and cheats persay.

I have zero interest in coding or programming. No idea how you got that idea. I don't create. I don't fix. I don't investigate. I just profit. If it takes more than absolute minimum effort, I'm not doing it. I don't bazaar I don't craft I don't merc I don't shout.

If people could've been simply typing //bazaar r25 neck into Auctionhelper for the last decade, they would have. Every neck and every weapon in every bazaar would've been max aug. And it would've been fixed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-05-04 09:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have no interest or knowledge, then how come when proven programmers or those who have the skills/knowledge to understand how things work tell you how things work, you immediately dispute it?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-04 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Common sense. If someone couldve profitted off of it being that easy, they would have.

And they now have, it wouldnt have taken 5 years for the first instance.

There would've been a mule with 80 r25 rostams crocea and all the necks a week later.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-04 09:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone reported this to me in 2019, when they accidentally bazaared an augmented item with Bellhop. I patched bellhop so it would not accidentally happen again. I still have the commit from doing so.

It is not a profitable endeavor, because it is guaranteed to be obvious to anyone who sees your bazaar that you are cheating and you'll get GMed. I don't doubt that some people have used it to move items around in trusted circles. But, it's hardly some game breaking immense profit opportunity.

I don't understand why you think the first response to this is to go take a character capable of farming dynamis, max out some Rostams, and then sell them and potentially get the character banned. It is completely illogical.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-04 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MFer doubled down on the "people would be selling R25 necks and weapons all this time" completely obvious to the fact that this would involve publicly showing your character doing something its not supposed to be capable of doing with irrefutable proof.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-04 09:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

3 weeks ago in regards to the comment about accidentally reporting scoreboard reports in say:
A little common *** sense; Don't yell "I'm botting herpderp".

I know, explaining common sense to people without common sense. Like teaching goldfish to read.

In 3 weeks he went from "use common sense, dont yell I'm botting herp derp" to "people will bazaar R25 necks and weapons".

Common sense involves not putting unbazaarable items in your bazaar for the entire server to see.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-04 09:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Being illogical rarely stops someone from doing something.
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-05-05 01:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... you have no idea what people are doing behind closed doors. Maybe they aren't bazaaring it in Lower Jeuno with everyone else, because they could get reported and lose all the items and gil. But for all you know, they could sell it online at gilseller sites or regular people could be selling it to others/friends by quickly putting it in bazaar when they are ready to buy it somewhere private and then you have no idea about it.

You not being aware of something =/= it doesn't happen.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 04:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I obviously frequent the sites, and people ask me for things.

If it was openly out there anywhere someone wouldve asked me if I sold them too.

As far as no one doing it in the open cause they'll get banned; Say out loud that "the morons that frequently do moronic things that play this game, decided in this one specific instance not to be morons" and tell me its not the dumbest *** thing you ever said.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but that it isn't as simple as typing //bazaar Bagua Charm +2 1 and selling rp'd necks. and that no moron thought it would be funny to do (for 5 years until 2 days ago)
By K123 2024-05-05 04:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorny's comment about "getting the cost of heroism back" is irrelevant. Make 12 mules, put neck/weapon on them and they're max in 4 Dynamis runs... Even if you sold them for only +20m (paying for 4 dyna runs costs you 12-20m anyway) it would be profitable, and then if the mule gets banned so what?

I agree with Eiryl here, if it was obvious and easy, at least to the extent Chinese RMT can pick it up, people would have been visibly doing it for years just like they visibly afk level and speed hack. I'd have bought already RPd things if the price was right.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 06:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but that it isn't as simple as typing //bazaar Bagua Charm +2 1 and selling rp'd necks. and that no moron thought it would be funny to do (for 5 years until 2 days ago)

The level of denial and disconnection from reality is insane here.

You can literally log in and do it, right now.

K123 said: »
Make 12 mules, put neck/weapon on them and they're max in 4 Dynamis runs... Even if you sold them for only +20m (paying for 4 dyna runs costs you 12-20m anyway) it would be profitable, and then if the mule gets banned so what?
Pay $120 for 12 accounts, finish all of rhapsodies to get dynamis access, do 8 runs in the rest of the month, and you can make 480m. Sell it at upper end market rate, and you made around $50 extra out of 8 dynamis runs and 12 accounts, assuming nobody GMs your bazaar mule and gets you banned with items on hand.

Get banned with items on hand and you've lost money. I have no idea how anyone is seeing this as viable.
[+]
By K123 2024-05-05 06:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think about missions, I expect there are tools that run characters through them though.

Maybe swap them to other accounts to sell, or do it on an order basis like a lot of RMT is done? I don't think the chances of being banned are very high at all really. They could even yell to sell R25 items so they're not in bazaar except when being sold.

I haven't done the maths but yeah, 60h lock out would mean 4 runs is theoretically 10 days so you could do 3x pieces a month per char.
By K123 2024-05-05 06:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also my suggestion of +20m was low balling. I'm certain there's loads of people that would pay item price plus 50m for r25
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 06:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't think about missions, I expect there are tools that run characters through them though.
There are only 2-3 people who have auto-missions, and I don't know how good the other folks' are. None of us are stupid enough to share them. I have very good completely afk auto-missions personally. I knew about the exploit. I did not see it as viable or practical to exploit.

Maybe swap them to other accounts to sell, or do it on an order basis like a lot of RMT is done? I don't think the chances of being banned are very high at all really. They could even yell to sell R25 items so they're not in bazaar except when being sold.
Anyone who sees you selling it knows you are breaking the rules and can GM it or report it. It is a blatant and visible violation of the game systems, so SE will have to patch it. When they patch it, if they examine logs for recent bazaar, they will see every character you had in dynamis did it and you could lose all of them, even if they weren't at all visible.

I haven't done the maths but yeah, 60h lock out would mean 4 runs is theoretically 10 days so you could do 3x pieces a month per char.
The first month requires around 5 days to get rhapsody access, and you aren't rotating 12 hours and doing dyna on a wild schedule like that to make this piddly amount of gil/money. If you want to count a full month, you have to assume you could openly sell pre-RPed items and nobody would report you and SE wouldn't fix it. It's insane. I feel like you guys have completely lost touch with reality.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 06:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The characters that make the items would transfer them to mules that would be the martyrs. You wouldn't be making and doing any extra anything except sales mules.

$30 to sell rostams/crocea at 150m and any +2 neck at 99m would be going on all day long it'll take a month to get "caught" they'll make enough to be worthwhile.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 06:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The characters that make the items would transfer them to mules that would be the martyrs. You wouldn't be making and doing any extra anything except sales mules.

Placing an item in bazaar is a basic loggable event. It doesn't require raw packet inspection or anything complicated for SE to run a query and see who has bazaared items. Any character that RPs an item to sell has to do that exploit to get it to the end seller even if they are not the end seller. Why in the world would you risk characters good enough to do a full clear of dynamis just for this pathetic amount of gil..?

This sort of logic makes me wonder how little you actually make.

It's not even an argument about whether people would've done it or not, they didn't do it. I still have a github commit from 2019 on the (private) bellhopv3 repo from when I fixed it. I have a fix for it in the public bellhopv4 repo from when I converted to v4 dated 2021 as I've showed you. I really don't get what argument you're trying to make: I'm lying because you can't fathom that someone saw this (worthless) exploit and didn't immediately jump on the chance to make an extra 50 bucks?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-05 06:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't investigate a damn thing

(Until it's far too late to matter)((and then ban 5 people and act like they banned everyone))
[+]
By K123 2024-05-05 06:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, unless mass reported to STF online which is a ballache most people can't be bothered to do, basically noone is getting banned for anything.

What's the math on +50m per item, low ball 2 items per char per month, x12 mules? 1.2bn and Dyna d RP can probably be automated easily.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 06:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the math on +50m per item, low ball 2 items per char per month, x12 mules? 1.2bn and Dyna d RP can probably be automated easily.

It's only 40m to buy the RP in heroism crystals. You're not getting 50m for a pre-RPed item that the buyer knows is cheating. Don't forget that bazaar caps at 99,999,999 and Rostams(among some others) are already 80m so you're hard capped unless you also make your buyer split the payment. If you're lucky, your 12 mules will last an entire month and you'll barely break even. You're not going to be able to keep doing it for 2 months.

You two are literally insane(if not the same person). If you believe SE never does anything, go make mules, log into the game, and do it. Nothing is stopping you. People already know, so it's too late? Guess what, the second you open a bazaar people would've known anyway. If it's so worthwhile, go do it.
By K123 2024-05-05 06:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there's dozens if not hundreds of really lazy people that pay for risky things - just look at *** EP. People will pay 200m for ML0-50 knowing that it's all being botted and knowing SE doesn't do ***.

I'm in the same boat as you that I do a lot of very dodgy stuff short of never flee hacking or pos hacking. SE rarely do anything, I never said never.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-05 06:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I await the arrival of your pre-RPed bazaars, then.
[+]
By K123 2024-05-05 06:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have an army of chars to do it at scale... But I do regret making SCH neck now I barely use it so wouldn't mind selling it for what it cost
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-05 11:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but that it isn't as simple as typing //bazaar Bagua Charm +2 1 and selling rp'd necks.
Narrator: It was as simple as typing //bazaar Bagua Charm +2

Source: anyone with auged Dyna Weapon or JSE neck with auctionhelper can type //bazaar <item> <price> and have the item successfully wind up in their bazaar available for sale.

No one does this because that bazaar is going to break records for amount of GM calls placed on it. There are no *** logs to investigate. This isnt going through logs to see who swindled hundred's of stacks of Demon Medals and Kindred Medals from Aurix, or seeing who was breaking alliances in Salvage to dupe loot. This is a GM teleporting to the bazaar, looking at the bazaar, and visually confirming the R25 items in a bazaar.

And then boop: 8+++ billion in R25 necks and weapons banned (presuming only using 80 bazaarable inventory slots at 83 mil per R25 neck and 118 mil per R25 weapon, could be more if theres extra items in case, sack, satchel, wardrobes).

You dont do the easily detectable offenses on the banks, the characters with all the gil. You let the throwaway pawns do the illegal stuff. I dont partake in RMT, but even I know that, because its "common knowledge herp derp".
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 840 841 842 ... 843 844 845