Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 843 844 845
By Argisto 2024-05-06 14:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
No guarantee it's not specifically tied to something in Dynamis, either. I don't think I've seen anyone mention having it happen anywhere else.

I found a report of the PLD empy body bug occurring in the fomor ambuscade on the official forums.
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-05-06 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Argisto said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
No guarantee it's not specifically tied to something in Dynamis, either. I don't think I've seen anyone mention having it happen anywhere else.

I found a report of the PLD empy body bug occurring in the fomor ambuscade on the official forums.

I did ambu with two different PLDs who had equipped the empy body in fomor ambu and they both got owned.
By Nariont 2024-05-08 08:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does INT effect macc on dark magic spells/ninjutsu/blue magic?

I know nin nukes benefit from INT in terms of dmg but wasnt sure on the macc part, and blu im guessing is likely similar
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-08 09:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For blue magic it's unclear and untested. If it does it's going to be relatively little and it probably wouldn't be INT for every spell. The only pseudo test ever done for it was conducted years and years and years ago with Head Butt and was inconclusive
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-09 09:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend gave me their account, they used to have a Emp but I can't find it. Assuming they didn't accidentally throw it (they can't remember much they last played years ago) where could it possibly be?

I checked all inventory spaces, wardrobes etc and I talked to Oboro and he just talks about his normal weapons. Is there some possibility I'm missing where it could be that was mid upgrade or something?

Also if it was just dropped or something and I make another Emp will there be any problem with that?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-09 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
A friend gave me their account, they used to have a Emp but I can't find it. Assuming they didn't accidentally throw it (they can't remember much they last played years ago) where could it possibly be?

I checked all inventory spaces, wardrobes etc and I talked to Oboro and he just talks about his normal weapons. Is there some possibility I'm missing where it could be that was mid upgrade or something?

Also if it was just dropped or something and I make another Emp will there be any problem with that?
Can talk to the moogles and see if you are on any trials
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-09 09:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Emp weapons can't be stuck on any moogle, could only be on Oboro.

You can /find the item if you use that addon, or /itemsearch if you don't. If it doesn't show up in those, he doesn't have it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-09 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

You can /find the item if you use that addon, or /itemsearch if you don't. If it doesn't show up in those, he doesn't have it.

Would Oboro say he has it and he will return it, I seem to remember he didn't and you just had to trade the stuff or something.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-09 09:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Would Oboro say he has it and he will return it, I seem to remember he didn't and you just had to trade the stuff or something.

He only holds it while doing reforge, and he'll just return it first thing when you talk to him if so
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-11 22:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So uhm...

Xoanon is pretty much WAR's best staff option nowadays, right?

And does its increased magic damage apply to elemental weaponskills, or does the effect cancel the second the TP is used?

And is Shattersoul a worthwhile debuff?

I had not realized WAR was on it. Seems like WAR is on almost all Ambuscade weapons, heh.

Other question:

Does the defense down effect for Nandaka give Resolution a lot more oomph? I feel like Resolution is in a weirdly bad spot given everything else about other weapons and the alterations to some WS's modifiers over the years. Can't seem to get it to consistently be good, and feels so much worse using my Ragnarok now versus just Naegling or Lycurgos...
By Nariont 2024-05-11 23:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Xoanon is pretty much WAR's best staff option nowadays, right?

Pretty much the best magical staff it can use, 2nd best would be kouryu's

And does its increased magic damage apply to elemental weaponskills, or does the effect cancel the second the TP is used?

Depletes the second TP is used sadly, woulda made it real nice on magic WS'

And is Shattersoul a worthwhile debuff?

It's one of the few sources of mdef down so its got some utility there.

Does the defense down effect for Nandaka give Resolution a lot more oomph? I feel like Resolution is in a weirdly bad spot given everything else about other weapons and the alterations to some WS's modifiers over the years. Can't seem to get it to consistently be good, and feels so much worse using my Ragnarok now versus just Naegling or Lycurgos...

Nandaka is to me just a waste of a weapon, the def ignore aspect just isnt strong enough per debuff to really make a difference imo, there's a lot more buff stacking than debuff stacking unless you got something like impact being planted
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-11 23:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The only actual use I see for Nandaka is to swap in for Swipe/Lunge on RUN(When you don't care about TP. But that's basically all sortie bosses mage method, except aminon, so..)

It is actually a really good lunge piece though. Best option unless you can dual wield, and then you use Naegling+Dolichenus. Ambu weps have weirdly good magic stats even on the melee type weps.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-05-11 23:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fair, didnt think about using it for lunge so that's something, but as far as its phys aspect goes id sooner just get a mont+1 and run with that or the rag as previously mentioned
By Dodik 2024-05-12 08:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know of any Dat mod or any other mod that will stop the "New Challenge" pop up and sound from the every four hours RoE?

Nothing annoys me more than a forced unskippable popup with horns blaring that can't be silenced.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-05-12 08:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Anyone know of any Dat mod or any other mod that will stop the "New Challenge" pop up and sound from the every four hours RoE?

Nothing annoys me more than a forced unskippable popup with horns blaring that can't be silenced.

Goto rom/309/16.dat and rename it to 16backup.dat

I'm pretty sure this is not a dat that when missing causes a crash, and it simple won't show anymore. Test it and see.

Restart the game so it's out of memory too.

The RoE will still activate, it just won't show the visual / sound fx
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-12 08:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Goto rom/309/16.dat and rename it to 16backup.dat

Confirmed this stops both animation and sound from showing/playing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Echohawk
Server: Cerberus
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2024-05-13 17:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been away for a while and locus mobs made cleaving CN [S] super annoying. Is there another ideal cleaving area? Mostly trying for job points but some master levels would be nice
By Nariont 2024-05-13 17:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I see people often cleaving dho gates, theres probably other apex options though
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-13 19:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Would cleaving the skeletons in Rakaznar Inner Court be bad? There's so many and never anybody there and no locus mobs, and they give as much Exemplar as Apex Poxhounds...
By Dodik 2024-05-13 19:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They're tough as nails and aggro, that's why hardly anyone does them.

But yes, if can find a nice camp can be good.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 19:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Finding a usable wall is generally the limiting factor. Cleave any aggroing mob as long as you can keep em in front. Not many in the court.
By GwenStacy 2024-05-13 23:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i have to unlock my fps with //config frameratedivisor every login, how do i have it do it automatically?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-13 23:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Change it to zero in the plugins folder, config, no?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-14 00:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... the Config plugin should be saving any changes by default. So unless something else is changing it, like an improperly configured FastCS, it should stay at whatever you set it to even between different FFXI instances.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-05-14 02:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Full Break's Defense Down effect prevent Locus Ghost Crab's Scissor Guard from giving them their Defense Bonus, but Armor Break does not? :|c
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2024-05-14 03:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does Full Break's Defense Down effect prevent Locus Ghost Crab's Scissor Guard from giving them their Defense Bonus, but Armor Break does not? :|c
Full break's debuffs has higher priority over armor break / Ageha / shell crusher(?)'s def down. Tenebral Crush definitely has upper def down priority that blocks Scissor Guard and Cocoon's def boosts
[+]
By GwenStacy 2024-05-14 09:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I mean... the Config plugin should be saving any changes by default. So unless something else is changing it, like an improperly configured FastCS, it should stay at whatever you set it to even between different FFXI instances.

yup i realized that every time i zone it switches back to 30fps because of fastcs, how would i fix it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-05-14 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

GwenStacy said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

yup i realized that every time i zone it switches back to 30fps because of fastcs, how would i fix it?
Doing //fastcs fps 60 would set fast cs to return to 60 fps after cutscene/menu interactions.
[+]
By GwenStacy 2024-05-14 14:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks will try it tonight
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-05-14 14:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

think of it like haste and Haste II or slow and slow II

if one of those in the spaghetti code gives defense down II technically despite being displayed as the same effect client side, it will be written as higher priority and have more strict overwriting requirements etc
First Page 2 3 ... 843 844 845