New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35
By jubes 2024-03-26 09:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

let no one say i'm a bright one lol, was too focused on the ability description thinking it had some big penalty.

and that's what i get for assuming pre ilevel content wouldn't have moderately high requirements. lesson learned

for what its worth, violent flourish still fails to stun when the hit land sometimes on that move, annoying. better than before though.
By Nariont 2024-03-26 09:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt say its particularly high requirements, but it took stun with a macc set back then to land on those iirc, and that's with the large dump of macc stun gets natively, flourish doesnt have as much of that
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-03-29 15:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you box step without engaging like you can with weapon skilling?
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Server: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-03-30 01:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

Nope. You can not use steps without having your weapons out. You can be like 6ish distance away and have your back turned, but weapons must be drawn.

Afaik, no addon or programs will change that, either. It's quite annoying to have to apply steps to something like Aminon that you can't hit or you will kill everyone.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-04-01 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
It's quite annoying to have to apply steps to something like Aminon that you can't hit or you will kill everyone.

That's why I was asking lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-01 17:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to engage, but you don't have to face.

It's annoying but you can be back to mob, engage, step, disengage, face, ws
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kuumihumi
user: Kuumihumi
By Asura.Kuumihumi 2024-05-01 19:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »

Here's a current list of gear sets for general use. These are pretty much BiS assuming you have R30 gleti's and R25+ Nyame. Glet's body, hands, and legs get some stellar augments at rank 30. Ruthless stroke would use the same set as rudra's storm, piece for piece if you have a rank 3 or higher prime as well.

ItemSet 393475
ItemSet 393472
ItemSet 393474
ItemSet 393473

R25 gleti are no good over tp set shown in this guide?
By K123 2024-05-02 06:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, does that change at all if your gletis is only R25?
By K123 2024-05-02 06:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you have Cornelia's ring is it Cornelia's and Epam for RS A and Phyrric? Not sure I'd ever use Phyyric because I don't have mythic though.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-05-08 07:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pyrrhic is only worth spamming with Terpsichore, and even then its use cases are limited. However, evisceration —> pyrrhic -> rudras -> rudras is a noteworthy 4 step darkness chain, so it’s still relevant if you ever wanna make a longer darkness.

By the way, I wanted to run a suggestion by everyone. What are your thoughts sweordfaetels +1 over sailfi +1 for tp. It’s a difference of 6 store tp versus 2 triple and 5 double attack rate. I’m pretty sure they’re at least equivalent. And whenever you have either sabre dance or mythic aftermath up sweordfaetels +1 is the clear winner. I’m considering just swapping it in full time for tp.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

Nope. You can not use steps without having your weapons out. You can be like 6ish distance away and have your back turned, but weapons must be drawn.

Afaik, no addon or programs will change that, either. It's quite annoying to have to apply steps to something like Aminon that you can't hit or you will kill everyone.

I know I'm late on this, but specifically regarding Aminon HM, you can face Aminon at ~5.2y-5.3y to both land steps and hit WSs without being in auto range.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I wanted to run a suggestion by everyone. What are your thoughts sweordfaetels +1 over sailfi +1 for tp. It’s a difference of 6 store tp versus 2 triple and 5 double attack rate. I’m pretty sure they’re at least equivalent. And whenever you have either sabre dance or mythic aftermath up sweordfaetels +1 is the clear winner. I’m considering just swapping it in full time for tp.

It's a really good belt (Wfoadambbp makes signed ones if you care). I do have sets that use that, and I also use Gerdr +1 for Jump/High Jump. Same STP, but also has +7 DEX (5 acc).
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-08 12:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

On paper, the STP does not compare favorably to Sailfi's MA stats at all. Saber dance has no negative synergy whatsoever with Sailfi (Sailfi makes SD a TINY bit less effective, but SD doesn't make Sailfi any less effective). For AM3 the Sweord might pull ahead, but for any other situation Sailfi will provide better results.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-05-08 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Saber dance has no negative synergy whatsoever with Sailfi (Sailfi makes SD a TINY bit less effective, but SD doesn't make Sailfi any less effective).

No, but as your native multi attack rate goes up so does the synergy with sweord's sTP. I thought sabre would be enough to make the sTP the better choice. I've been running sweord in my terpsichore tp set for a while now. Wasn't sure if sailfi was still better with twashtar or mpu gandring mainhand. But you're saying I should just keep sailfi for non mythic stuff. Fair enough.

Quote:
I do have sets that use that, and I also use Gerdr +1 for Jump/High Jump. Same STP, but also has +7 DEX (5 acc).

I don't see much value in Gerdr myself. The dual wield overcaps dancer to the point it cuts into the sTP too much, so it's not a very good tp belt, and I think thief is better off using reiki yotai. What's more, all the critical hit weaponskills I would want to use it for that purpose are better served using fotia belt. It's one of those pieces that looks neat on paper, but when you look at practical uses there always seems to be a better alternative. Simon posted a crit based tp build with gerdr in it on the thief forms, but that build went all in with gleti's offhand. I prefer my traditional tp focused build with centovente even on thief. Gleti's knife is for pairing with terpsichore pyrric spam, but twash and mpu are better paired with cento so I really don't see the appeal of an all-in crit build. I wouldn't carry Gerdr around just for jumps, especially with the exorbitantly high price tag attached to it.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-05-08 15:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see much value in Gerdr myself. The dual wield overcaps dancer to the point it cuts into the sTP too much, so it's not a very good tp belt, and I think thief is better off using reiki yotai. What's more, all the critical hit weaponskills I would want to use it for that purpose are better served using fotia belt. It's one of those pieces that looks neat on paper, but when you look at practical uses there always seems to be a better alternative. Simon posted a crit based tp build with gerdr in it on the thief forms, but that build went all in with gleti's offhand. I prefer my traditional tp focused build with centovente even on thief. Gleti's knife is for pairing with terpsichore pyrric spam, but twash and mpu are better paired with cento so I really don't see the appeal of an all-in crit build. I wouldn't carry Gerdr around just for jumps, especially with the exorbitantly high price tag attached to it.

I didn't buy it -just- for jumps, but because I had one, it seems like the best belt for that JA macro. And I only use it for jumps, if I didn't make that clear. I think I did initially buy one a long time ago for playing with different THF builds. Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone go out and buy one when there's plenty of other 95% solutions for that use case.

Sweord +1 lives in my SAM TP set, so it has a permanent home in my inventory in case I wanna use it on other jobs.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35