Oathsworn Blade Master Trial
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Myamoto
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-03-11 17:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I am sure whoever manages to clear it will post a photo of them with their new shiny candlestick. Sounds like its a tough one.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Bigtymer
Server: Asura
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2024-04-27 22:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Teodor does indeed exist on this encounter.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-28 00:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming he spawned as the 7th add?
By Ovalidal 2024-04-28 05:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I'm assuming he spawned as the 7th add?
I'm curious about this too. Did you have to fight Sajj'aka/Bumba or was it just the Delve bosses?
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-04-28 09:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear this dude has a collection of photos of me dead in encounters. I just wanna be alive in a picture he posts.

Yes 7th add :D
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-04-28 09:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shiraj said: »
I swear this dude has a collection of photos of me dead in encounters. I just wanna be alive in a picture he posts.

Yes 7th add :D

lol, I am glad to see some are still giving it a go. Been what 3 months now, no reported clears. Looking forward to beating my head against this wall.
By Ovalidal 2024-05-13 04:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

"The evasion rate for monsters appearing in the Oathsworn Blade battlefield has been lowered."

The fight was nerfed. I'm not sure how relevent this will wind up being, but whoever predicted nerfs earlier in this thread, you called it.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-13 06:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems pretty relevant, since evasion was the most demanding complaint about melee strategies. Doesn't seem likely to change anything for the RNG strategy this group has been using, since they should be capped accuracy already.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2024-05-13 07:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the complaint about melee strategies was august dispel
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-05-13 07:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
It was August's dispel, conal or AoE amnesia. Lion's full dispel + Paralyze aura, AoE doom from tree, weakness/dispel from Dino, dread spikes from teodor.

Eva nerf is welcomed, now the COR can shoot without SV lol.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-05-13 07:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Both dispel and evasion have been discussed. Dispel does seem to be the bigger issue.

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
It was August's dispel, conal or AoE amnesia. Lion's full dispel + Paralyze aura, AoE doom from tree, weakness/dispel from Dino, dread spikes from teodor.

Eva nerf is welcomed, now the COR can shoot without SV lol.

How much of a meaningful difference will this actually make?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-05-13 07:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovalidal said: »
How much of a meaningful difference will this actually make?
Even with SV songs, COR would struggle and drastically fall behind RNG dps not being capped acc. Without SV songs, Ranger wasn't capped acc even with full hover shot stacks. We'd need to swap buffs over to accomodate but lose dps in the process.
Our cor would barely be able to get 1k TP for a WS without SV songs unless they gave themselves hunter's roll, torpor and precision. Whilst the rangers only needed precision with capped hover shot stacks.

I doubt it'd make a difference on the Naakuals, they were never that evasive for the DDs without SV to struggle too much. But on August it makes a lot of difference for non-SV songs and helps the COR be more useful during both non-SV and SV anyway. So hopefully we can get to Teodor spawn with 45-50 minutes instead of 50-55 minutes :D
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-13 07:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovalidal said: »
Dispel does seem to be the bigger issue.

Dispel is an issue because it removes buffs, which are needed to cap accuracy/haste/attack. If you no longer need (or need far fewer) accuracy buffs, you are more able to cap everything necessary while experiencing dispel.

They are largely the same issue; if you were able to cap your accuracy and haste without any dispellable buffs being used then the dispel becomes irrelevant.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-05-13 07:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Dispel is an issue because it removes buffs, which are needed to cap evasion/haste/accuracy. If you no longer need (or need far fewer) accuracy buffs, you are more able to cap everything necessary while experiencing dispel

This is one of the biggest reasons we've had to reset runs. I lose hate to enmity cap and within 1-2s of enmity cap August just Null fields from 20" away and dispels an SV prelude and we can no longer hit the guy so we gotta warp out.
1 SV acc song being dispelled was pretty much a reset.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8