New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-04-15 14:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have updated Tank sets with Empy +3 armor?
By buttplug 2024-04-15 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395409
Rudianos's Mantle >
HP +60
VIT +10
Evasion +20
Magic Evasion +20
Enmity +10
Regen +5
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-15 17:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Not on my PLD character right now, but I believe this is what I use or quite close to it. I think the back is HP, Enmity, Eva/Meva, more Meva, and more meva. Might have HP for dyes (though I should change that...)

ItemSet 395411

You can adjust this without the warder/shadow ring for physical-only fights, but let's be honest those are few and far between and DT is already capped so...not much else to add in those slots. More HP I guess. You can adjust a little bit as you see fit.
By Seun 2024-04-15 17:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Head - Used in shield block sets, as needed in FC or some situations where you're taking high physical damage.

Body - Used in some SIRD and enmity sets.

Hands - I personally don't use these due to low +HP.

Legs - I give Sakpata's the edge here, but these are still useful in situations where enmity retention is needed.

Feet - Used with Divine Emblem. Could also be used in FC and enmity sets, but has lower than normal +HP like the hands.
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
Server: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-04-16 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 383163

I've been really liking the enemy crit reduction, really mitigates damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2024-04-16 18:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjaxtasy said: »
anyone have updated Tank sets with Empy +3 armor?

The biggest benefit from Empy +3 is the flexibility it's given many tanking sets. Capping DT was never difficult for PLD, but the large amounts of DT per piece are nice. Besides the standard 35 DT from three pieces together, you can also get another 2~10 DT from the body. It makes stacking different stats such as -Enemy critical hit rate, Chance of successful block+, Absorb, Annuls, HP, Enmity, Cure Potency Received, Resist! and elemental resistances much easier. I've got pieces of it sprinkled across multiple sets depending on whether I'm focused on PDT, MDT, both, etc.
By Beau 2024-04-22 13:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What are people's thoughts on using Sakpata's Sword and the Nibiru Shield combo purely for Fast Cast sets (17% total FC and 180HP). I'm a big believer in it and don't care about losing TP for what I'm doing (Ody C and Dyna D, haven't started Aminon yet but we're close to). MP is never a problem with a BRD or RDM in pt so Chivalry is dead (pun intended). And along the lines of swapping shields, I recently got Srivatsa and incorporated that into appropriate enmity sets since I'm swapping for FC, and I love the extra enmity. Only bad times is getting caught in aforementioned sets due to stun or something, but I am generally quick in forcing gear status update via keybind (F12 for me).
By Nariont 2024-04-22 14:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean if you arent using the TP and dont have something like a burt/care for the extra PDT, no real negatives to doing so.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-22 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two sets of macros for PLD, one for weapon/shield swapping and one without. In my weapon swap sets I change out shield for Srivatsa, but the FC question is kind of a weird one because you're either using GS or not.

If you're using GS, it's my understanding that you can't possibly be caught in your FC set because it sends the FC gear in the same packet as your midcast gear so you may as well swap all slots for FC.

If you're not using GS, I don't think it's worth using Sakpata's sword since you only have 3 macro lines for FC gear and we already have empy head, feet, and AF body. I guess if you're idling in the empy head then you could use Sakpata's sword as your third swap.

Interesting food for thought at least. I haven't integrated any FC swaps into my PLD macros but I am considering it. I idle in empy hat so it could be AF body, empy feet, and some other piece (maybe sword for my weapon swap macros).
By Beau 2024-04-22 15:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah definitely using GS and have Burtgang. I like the idea of having two macros (or in my case gearswaps), one with and one without swapping main/sub.

How much damage is PLD doing on Aminon (% wise) with either KOTR or CDC?
 Asura.Otomis
Server: Asura
By Asura.Otomis 2024-04-22 15:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
Yeah definitely using GS and have Burtgang. I like the idea of having two macros (or in my case gearswaps), one with and one without swapping main/sub.

On Aminion hard as Pld/Sch, I preferred club/judgment which equate to roughly 8-9% of total damage.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-22 16:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
club/judgment which equate to roughly 8-9% of total damage.

Not that I don't believe you but.. I don't believe you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-04-22 17:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Otomis said: »
Beau said: »

On Aminion hard as Pld/Sch, I preferred club/judgment which equate to roughly 8-9% of total damage.

Are you using anything better than a Beryllium Mace?
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139