Random Politics & Religion #08

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #08
Random Politics & Religion #08
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 82 83 84
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-21 15:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice.

Retaliates in anger after hundreds and hundreds of harassing messages with various degrees of misogynistic and racist ***.
> Well, she shouldn't have said anything. Kiiiinda her fault.
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-21 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the point, this is entirely hypocritical of them.

The past few years, media outlets have gotten to the point they don't even make a mild effort to hide their extreme biases anymore. There used to be standards, you used to have some measure of balance.

We are reaching full blown propaganda stage on most media types and outlets now. Its gotten so bad that you can't trust anyone. I know people who visit a balance of RT, BBC, and even Al Jazheera because it feels like thats how far they have to go to get a proper angle on anything.

Mind you Twitter is not CNN or something but still, have some damned class, its not hard.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-07-21 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Everyone using the Feminism and BLM tags are calling for x subgroup to be killed.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Milo probably deserved a ban at some point for something, just not this time.

I try to kinda do things with the same logic at training a puppy, and occasionally fail at this; If you bonk a puppy on the snout for pooping in the floor two hours after they do it, they have no idea why they are being punished, if you do it while they are pooping, it kinda sets in that they should do it outside.

If you ban someone for something they did "that one time" because they are doing something slightly disagreeable now, the ban isn't going to make a whole lot of sense. ...and yeah, I'm sure I've done this at some point.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
ITT: Everyone using the Feminism and BLM tags are calling for x subgroup to be killed.
Ehh, not really with Feminism, this is more on the BLM stuff. No, they aren't saying "go out and kill police" but there are troubled people out there who interpret it that way, which isn't the fault of BLM, just an unintended consequence.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
That's the point, this is entirely hypocritical of them.

The past few years, media outlets have gotten to the point they don't even make a mild effort to hide their extreme biases anymore. There used to be standards, you used to have some measure of balance.

We are reaching full blown propaganda stage on most media types and outlets now. Its gotten so bad that you can't trust anyone. I know people who visit a balance of RT, BBC, and even Al Jazheera because it feels like thats how far they have to go to get a proper angle on anything.

Mind you Twitter is not CNN or something but still, have some damned class, its not hard.
I'm kinda wondering what will happen with Fox once Roger Ailes is officially ousted.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-21 15:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I remember being taught a few things when I was much younger, chief of which is "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". It'd be nice if we could go back to making that a thing: People who can't be respectful just keeping their mouths shut.

Because today's GOP is yesterday's Ku Klux Klan

Hmmm... sometimes it's best to start with yourself.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

MSNBC is just the less vile left-wing mirror of Fox News. I'm not sure why Fox seems so vile while MSNBC doesn't to me, but I'm sure that's just my views. *Shrugs*

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
MSNBC is just the less vile left-wing mirror of Fox News. I'm not sure why Fox seems so vile while MSNBC doesn't to me, but I'm sure that's just my views. *Shrugs*
Eh, I chalk it up to the fact their hosts actually treat everyone with respect, whereas Faux Noise doesn't.
Lawrence O'Donnell can get kinda mean at times, just not that often. I do remember laughing as he out-shouted Orly Taitz.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I chalk it up to the fact their hosts actually treat everyone with respect, whereas Faux Noise doesn't.
Lawrence O'Donnell can get kinda mean at times, just not that often. I do remember laughing as he out-shouted Orly Taitz.
I'll grant you, even the best people have their off days. O'Donnell comes nowhere near being vile and disgustingly repulsive a person as Bill O'Reilly, even on his worst days.
Because he doesn't DO IT LIVE!!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-21 15:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhh, I'm not sure which hosts you guys are watching. I remember Chris Matthews being especially vile. And no, I'm not so biased that I can't see it on the right as well. I can't watch Sean Hannity getting in discussions with people that disagree with him, because he interrupts and attacks them after half a sentence, jumping on the first out-of-place word.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-21 15:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason why you don't see many/any right-wing comedians. Their policies are vile.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 15:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

WE'LL DO IT LIVE!! *** IT!!
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-21 15:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Same reason why you don't see many/any right-wing comedians. Their policies are vile.

That... sounds a lot like a non-sequitur. What do comedy and right-wing policies have to do with each other? There are right-wing comedians, but you can't do a lot of right-wing comedy because the PC left often can't take a joke when it's about them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-07-21 16:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
right-wing comedy
Does not compute
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-07-21 16:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait.

ISIS can use Twitter to recruit Jihadis.
BLM can use Twitter to instigate violence and riots.
British Femnazi's can declare all whitemen should die.

But the gay conservative named Milo Yiannopolis gets banned for being too extreme and promoting hate?
He wasn't the only one banned or suspended. This isn't his first time being disciplined by Twitter for similar behavior. The Gamergate legion of sociopaths he helms have been doing this kind of thing to other women for a while now so their strategic mistake was focusing on a high profile target. Twitter is sewer of social media so hopefully this is their first step to actually applying their rules more evenly.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 16:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So wait.

ISIS can use Twitter to recruit Jihadis.
BLM can use Twitter to instigate violence and riots.
British Femnazi's can declare all whitemen should die.

But the gay conservative named Milo Yiannopolis gets banned for being too extreme and promoting hate?
He wasn't the only one banned or suspended. This isn't his first time being disciplined by Twitter for similar behavior. The Gamergate legion of sociopaths he helms have been doing this kind of thing to other women for a while now so their strategic mistake was focusing on a high profile target. Twitter is sewer of social media so hopefully this is their first step to actually applying their rules more evenly.
Didn't know that. *Sneaks out*
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-21 16:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The Gamergate legion of sociopaths

What do you think gamergate was about?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-07-21 16:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethics in videogame journalism. Obvi
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 16:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Gamergate was just the Zoe Quinn thing that got blown out of proportion.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-21 16:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure it's not just a bunch of losers bitter at women and lashing out against them because they can't get laid? Because that's the impression I got from your post.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-07-21 16:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I've lost sight of who is actually arguing on which side for what purpose.

I'm bored of this discussion.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-07-21 16:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I usually feel I can trust RT for anything that doesn't have to do with Russia itself, eastern EU, and America.

That sounds like a lot but it gets me a lot more otherwise than other sources.

I'd say tied for 2nd are Al Jaz and BBC. They are each biased but its abundantly clear in which way, makes it easy to ignore various topics at a glance.

I can't even stand CNN, Fox, MSNBC. I can't touch them. I can't touch most Australian news sources that have internet sites either, even if their paper publications are decent despite that.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-07-21 16:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And Rupert Murdoch is now in charge.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 82 83 84