Fallout 4 Is In Development!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Fallout 4 is in development!
Fallout 4 is in development!
First Page 2
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-03 14:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fallout 4 Is Finally Happening, and Yes, There’s a Dog
Time

Quote:
After years of noise and feckless speculation, finally some signal: Fallout 4 is happening, says open-world gaming magnate Bethesda Softworks. Insert a tunnel, oncoming train, and someone expounding about the sound of inevitability.

Bethesda’s servers appear to have fumbled the news about an hour earlier than expected, briefly lifting a Fallout-themed countdown curtain, due to zero out at 10:00 a.m. ET. At that point, we learned the game was in the offing for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Also: that there’s a dog. Because everybody—hey Fable 2, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Grand Theft Auto V!—has to have a dog nowadays.

And now that the countdown’s complete, we can say it’s definitely happening. Here’s the official trailer.

(Which I can't seem to copy.)

After years of noise and feckless speculation, finally some signal: Fallout 4 is happening, says open-world gaming magnate Bethesda Softworks. Insert a tunnel, oncoming train, and someone expounding about the sound of inevitability.

Bethesda’s servers appear to have fumbled the news about an hour earlier than expected, briefly lifting a Fallout-themed countdown curtain, due to zero out at 10:00 a.m. ET. At that point, we learned the game was in the offing for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Also: that there’s a dog. Because everybody—hey Fable 2, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Grand Theft Auto V!—has a dog nowadays.

And now that the countdown’s complete, we can say it’s definitely happening. See the official trailer above.

(Yep, that’s another Ink Spots this time they’re crooning “It’s All Over But The Crying.”)

It’s impossible to say without asking Bethesda, but just watching the trailer, I’d wager Fallout 4‘s still using Bethesda’s Creation engine (created for Skyrim), doubtless souped up, but still looking more like a tricked out, high-resolution version of Fallout 3 than a radical graphical leap (as you’d generally see when this much time’s passed between installments). That could be by design, of course: an attempt to establish visual continuity between 3 and 4. Whatever the case, it still looks terrific.

Our last trip to post-apocalyptic North America (by way of the mid-20th-century), was developer Obsidian’s glitchy but beautifully crafted Fallout: New Vegas in 2010. Fallout 3, Bethesda’s first and to date only in-house vamp on Interplay’s beloved late 1990s GURPS-inspired roleplaying duology, appeared way back in 2008.

Not that all the in-between waiting’s a bad thing. Bethesda fashions worlds roughly analogous to actual worlds, so sufficient prep time’s essential. No annual CallofAssassin’sCryNFL for Todd Howard—Bethesda’s bigwig producer/director on both the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series—and gang.

My guess? The big surprise at Bethesda’s E3 press event, which I’ll be attending on Sunday, June 14 in Los Angeles, is that Fallout 4 could ship by year’s end. Note the option to preorder the game right now from the official website.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-06-03 14:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap faaaaaap*
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-06-03 20:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even more on Fallout 4!

Every Fallout 4 video, photo, and detail revealed so far

Slash Gear.

No copypasta though, too involved.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-03 20:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm officially excited I watched the trailer today at least three times.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-03 21:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And I pray to Atom, Steel, the Bright Brotherhood's Creator, or ANY OTHER FALLOUT GOD LISTENING.

Please make this the game where they fix the memory leaks. PLEASE.
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2015-06-03 21:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

My body is ready...hell it has been ready for quite some time now! It seems like a dream, but at last its a reality, ugh the tough part is waiting the two weeks till E3 for the reveal to get an idea of gameplay and other info as well, we can only speculate for now.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-03 21:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kyogi said: »
My body is ready

I said this too. I know it's kind of an internet phrase, but I'm trying to figure out if we're all saying it because it was one of the first posted responses in the Kotaku article or not. I can't remember if I said it before or after I even read the article.

It's still really true either way.

My body IS ready...

...to lose lots of sleep and basically do work > gym > Fallout 4 for hours on end > repeat.

And I'm going to need that gym in there, because there will be lots of takeout and easy frozen food; there won't be a lot of taking time to cook when there's time to roam the Bostonian wasteland.
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2015-06-03 21:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
My body is ready

I said this too. I know it's kind of an internet phrase, but I'm trying to figure out if we're all saying it because it was one of the first posted responses in the Kotaku article or not. I can't remember if I said it before or after I even read the article.

It's still really true either way.

My body IS ready...

...to lose lots of sleep and basically do work > gym > Fallout 4 for hours on end > repeat.

And I'm going to need that gym in there, because there will be lots of takeout and easy frozen food; there won't be a lot of taking time to cook when there's time to roam the Bostonian wasteland.

Indeed, nothing but instant stuff for me as well.

I wonder what kind of pre order stuff they'll have for Fallout 4 and what kind of DLCs it'll have. (Of course DLCs probably wont be announced for quite some time but still lol.)
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-03 21:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

About time!
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-03 21:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what kind of pre order stuff they'll have for Fallout 4 and what kind of DLCs it'll have. (Of course DLCs probably wont be announced for quite some time but still lol.)

All I know is that I passed over the special edition of 3 and I'm not doing that again.
By Voren 2015-06-03 22:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed the leveling system in Fo3, but the gameplay in FO:NV was much better imo.

If there's anything that I'm thankful for it's that Bethesda is still in control of it. They spin a story better than SE imo.

FO4 is a long time coming and looks to be promising. I'd love to see it go to other countries, like a DLC where you are in England, China, Russia, Japan, etc. Something that takes it beyond the boarders of the US
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-04 07:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
I enjoyed the leveling system in Fo3, but the gameplay in FO:NV was much better imo.

If there's anything that I'm thankful for it's that Bethesda is still in control of it. They spin a story better than SE imo.

FO4 is a long time coming and looks to be promising. I'd love to see it go to other countries, like a DLC where you are in England, China, Russia, Japan, etc. Something that takes it beyond the boarders of the US

I'm awaiting the day they finally tackle NYC.

I mean, it would double as a learning aide. I know my way around DC's metro system far better than I should for how infrequently I've been there just because of Fallout 3.

I would have liked to have seen Pittsburgh done in a bit bigger of scale, or at least a bit more true to form, than the DLC for 3 did it, but I understand it's not nearly as big of a metropolitian area to play with.

That said, there was a domed building in NV:

That looked suspiciously similar to the recently-demolished Pittsburgh Civic (Mellon) Arena:

Even when open:

(Even though, admittedly, the last time Mellon was "open" before it's cessation of operation was way back in 1994, iirc.)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-04 07:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I get the most enjoyment in finding the various vaults and seeing what whacky experiment has happened in there. I think my favourite was the Vault of Garys.
By Ramyrez 2015-06-04 07:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I get the most enjoyment in finding the various vaults and seeing what whacky experiment has happened in there. I think my favourite was the Vault of Garys.

Exploring vaults is all at once some of the most fun, frustrating, and creepy/jumpy experiences of the games.
By CapnCrass 2015-06-04 20:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Not holding my breath. Fallout 3 was a massive disappointment (it "got" Fallout about as well as George Lucas "gets" his IPs), and nobody actually responsible for New Vegas (read: nobody with any clue how to actually do a Fallout game correctly) is working on FO4.

So: No finesse, no subtlety, no depth, and no logic. Lots of mainstream pop culture references and dead things nailed to walls for no good reason. Oh, and the BoS are the good guys again.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-04 20:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing the Elder Scrolls games and a bit of New Vegas, I'm actually pretty excited to go back and play some of the older Fallout titles before this thing launches. Anyone know where you can still pick up physical or digital copies of the earlier fallout games? PSN doesn't have them and I can't seem to find PC ports that aren't dubious.
By fonewear 2015-06-04 20:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
After playing the Elder Scrolls games and a bit of New Vegas, I'm actually pretty excited to go back and play some of the older Fallout titles before this thing launches. Anyone know where you can still pick up physical or digital copies of the earlier fallout games? PSN doesn't have them and I can't seem to find PC ports that aren't dubious.

Wal Mart has Fallout 3 for like 15 bucks.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-04 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Wal Mart has Fallout 3 for like 15 bucks.

I'd rather download a pirated copy than give my money to Walmart, but thanks for the input.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-04 20:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you could go to Gamestop and find them but why support Gamestop though...they are much worse than Wal Mart...
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-04 20:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I guess you could go to Gamestop and find them but why support Gamestop though...they are much worse than Wal Mart...

Yeah, I'd prefer the money went to Bethesda, but they don't seem to sell new copies of them either. There's enough legacy game enthusiasts around FFXIAH, I'm sure someone knows where you can find them.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-04 21:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd prefer the money went to Bethesda, but they don't seem to sell new copies of them either. There's enough legacy game enthusiasts around FFXIAH, I'm sure someone knows where you can find them.

Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Bundle-Jewel-Case-PC/dp/B00004ZBSX
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-04 21:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

CapnCrass said: »
Not holding my breath. Fallout 3 was a massive disappointment (it "got" Fallout about as well as George Lucas "gets" his IPs), and nobody actually responsible for New Vegas (read: nobody with any clue how to actually do a Fallout game correctly) is working on FO4.

So: No finesse, no subtlety, no depth, and no logic. Lots of mainstream pop culture references and dead things nailed to walls for no good reason. Oh, and the BoS are the good guys again.

Captain Crankypants, there are children on your lawn. Go chase them away or something.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-04 22:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have my copy of Fallout 3 for 360, scratched to hell but it works.
 Siren.Fattynoob
Server: Siren
user: Dreamasky
By Siren.Fattynoob 2015-06-04 23:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

To insinuate the dog is a copy from other games proves this 'journalist' doesn't even care to research his subject properly.
Hello Dogmeat.

Can't wait, skeptics for years have pointed to the commonwealth as the next chapter in post apocalyptic beauty, but Pittsburgh would be pretty cool too. Only another 3 years! lol.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-05 04:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Until console versions of Bethesda games have their own version of the PC console window, I will never play one of their games on consoles, PC onry.

Being able to bypass game-breaking bugs is a godsend.
By CapnCrass 2015-06-05 06:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Brotherhood of Steel are all available through Steam for $5 USD or $12 as a package deal. Probably your best bet to get them up and running on a modern PC.

Captain Crankypants, there are children on your lawn. Go chase them away or something.

Pretty much. I really do hope I'm completely wrong; I'd gladly eat my words for another solid Fallout game.
By fonewear 2015-06-05 06:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to get Fallout 4 on PC but I'm sure as hell not spending 300 dollars on a video card and plus a bigger power supply just to play it...
By Ramyrez 2015-06-05 08:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

CapnCrass said: »

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Brotherhood of Steel are all available through Steam for $5 USD or $12 as a package deal. Probably your best bet to get them up and running on a modern PC.

Pretty much. I really do hope I'm completely wrong; I'd gladly eat my words for another solid Fallout game.

I thoroughly enjoyed both 3 and New Vegas. Three did have a sort of half-baked script/main story line, but was that ever the real point?

Wander the wasteland and find all the things!
 Bismarck.Lizk
Server: Bismarck
user: alucar
By Bismarck.Lizk 2015-06-05 09:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like ***
By Ramyrez 2015-06-05 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Then don't buy it and stop following it.

Jesus *** ***.

First announce out for less than a week and people are finding everything to *** about they possibly can.

The internet is full of people with some serious entitlement issues.
First Page 2