Washington State Gets Rid Of "sexist" Language

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
Washington state gets rid of "sexist" language
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 14:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp I've had fun, but it's already almost 3 and I gotta get dishes and lunch started soon for when my boyfriend comes home.

So afk a little while, while I go wallow in my self pity thinking the only reason why someone could love me at all is because they can't do any better.

But hey, it's better than being alone and bitter, right? ;)
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-07-12 14:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive

dude, that's not a fact, that's like, your opinion, man.

That is fact. I'm not speaking about the rational part of the brain here, I'm talking about the 6~20 million year old primate. Sexual attraction (within 10s) is all about health and determining the best for mating. Primates would beat each other up to determine which males were the strongest and most fit. Females would then try to attract the strongest of those primates by appearing more healthy and feminine (read: better able to have kids) then the others.

There is no way anyone can rationalize away 280lb morbidly obese unhealthy as being "attractive". That's just that politically correct bullsh!t that's been drilled into people's brains.

It's very tricky to make gross generalisations like that no? ;_;

The Venus of Willendorf and the works of Sandro Botticelli and Peter Paul Rubens spring to mind as examples of different views of beauty no? :p

Those examples might not span exactly 20 million years, but that's a lot of time for a wide range of what is 'attractive' in a heterosexual mate. :p

EDIT: As always, I'm too slow to keep up with these fast-paced threads. By the time I respond back the subject will be about genital mutilation again, or maybe sandwich-making, by then. ;_; I think I'll quit while I am behind. :p
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 14:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
smokers lie

I am truly appauled.

Why? lol

I'm a smoker, so jokingly lied about being appauled, sry, you don't know me well enough to catch it, nor does anyone else here, probably.

my fault.

I figured it was faux outrage lol.

I have enough friends bullshitting me about how smoking isn't that bad. I'm like guys, you don't have to lie to me, just enjoy your smokes the same way I enjoy some beers, a cocktail or wine.

Everything has risk and your tolerance for risk is your own.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 15:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
A simple fact of life is that being morbidly obese is unhealthy and not attractive

dude, that's not a fact, that's like, your opinion, man.

That is fact. I'm not speaking about the rational part of the brain here, I'm talking about the 6~20 million year old primate. Sexual attraction (within 10s) is all about health and determining the best for mating. Primates would beat each other up to determine which males were the strongest and most fit. Females would then try to attract the strongest of those primates by appearing more healthy and feminine (read: better able to have kids) then the others.

There is no way anyone can rationalize away 280lb morbidly obese unhealthy as being "attractive". That's just that politically correct bullsh!t that's been drilled into people's brains.

It's very tricky to make gross generalisations like that no? ;_;

The Venus of Willendorf and the works of Sandro Botticelli and Peter Paul Rubens spring to mind as examples of different views of beauty no? :p

Those examples might not span exactly 20 million years, but that's a lot of time for a wide range of what is 'attractive' in a heterosexual mate. :p

I'm not speaking of beauty, only animal ability to bear healthy children. This is a proven thing in the animal kingdom. A kingdom that we are for the most part a member of.

The Venus is ugly as hell. Botticelli didn't paint fat women, those are actually perfect examples of "healthy" with wide hips. Rubens was a bit of a whaler yet the ones that depicted young fertile women always showed them we thick but not obese. All these women are depicted as bright and healthy, prime for having children which only further proves my point.

We're not talking a 150 or 160lbs girl, we're talking 280lbs at 5'4". That's someone who is as wide as they are tall, might as well glue on a beard and call her a dwarf.

Of course the typical argument is via absurdity.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 15:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If it isn't your opinion, its a liberal circle jerk! Just delete those facts that people in this thread haven't all agreed on points and present an argument to yourself that people are slinging ad hominems and sidetracking the discussion because they can't dispute your points.

We might as well go full-tilt eugenics, we're already well on our way there.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 15:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But to these people none of that matters. I'm insulting the delicate flower by telling her that she's overweight. I'm probably also insulting many of them who are most likely overweight themselves. I don't care, the truth is something people shouldn't be afraid to hear.

Saev, no, just no.

just because I disagree with a point you make, does not mean I'm "white-knighting" for anyone. it simply means I can see that my opinion of beauty isn't the only opinion.

6' 185-190 here, so wrong again, just because I disagree with you, does not automactically make me a big fatty.

for the record, I couldn't ever be too insulted by a wierdo on the internet.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 15:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have enough friends bullshitting me about how smoking isn't that bad

I'm more realistic. my latest line is:

"hey! you have your retirement plan, & I have mine, now *** off"

lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-07-12 15:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok guy while it's been fun I gotta hit the bed. 5:11am and I got a dinner + movie date later tonight (girl cooking for me).

Have fun and leave your harpoon's at home.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 15:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

***. that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-12 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok guy while it's been fun I gotta hit the bed. 5:11am and I got a dinner + movie date later tonight (girl cooking for me).

I sure hope she isn't one of those vampires you were talking about earlier consuming your resources.

Later dood.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 15:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I sure hope she isn't one of those vampires you were talking about earlier consuming your resources.

Later dood.
she's cooking for him, so its alchemy- equal trade
 Siren.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Siren.Flavin 2013-07-12 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't... remember he is out with his buddies getting more traditional women from the east... that why he mentions the girl is actually cooking dinner for him... he wants to make sure you know that she is healthy and subservient!
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 15:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

We're not talking a 150 or 160lbs girl, we're talking 280lbs at 5'4". That's someone who is as wide as they are tall, might as well glue on a beard and call her a dwarf.
Anyhow the others have pretty much given up any pretense of debate and are just attacking by ganging up and slinging insults. I disturbed their worldview too much.
For someone who seemed to get offended by people slinging insults at him and not debating, you've done quite a number to ruin your reputation further on here by contradicting yourself. Pot calling the kettle black much? And I'm no "delicate flower", I just was being nice not to tell you to *** off completely. I like opinions, but personal attacks are another thing.

Thing is I might be overweight/obese, but people still like me and support me and talk to me.

I do wish you luck on your date however. For as long a climb as that woman had to make, I don't think the trip was worth it.

WHOOPS! Opinion! Means I stated Fact, doesn't it?

Ok, ok, back to dishes. Couldn't let this opportunity pass.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 15:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My brother was stationed in japan as a marine for a while, he gets super angry and goes into tirades whenever people bring up how asian women are hot (or anything to that effect) the back story is funny, but wildly inappropriate.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-07-12 15:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this thread has run it's course.

Time for this thread to simply...

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
*** off completely.