users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31
By Enuyasha 2012-08-01 15:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
OH GOD GEO CAN CAST WHITE MAGIC *AND* SUMMON FURNITURE, ALL WHILE WEARING A LAMPSHADE ON ITS HEAD.

WHM IS DEAD GUYS, SELL YOUR ROUNDELS WHILE YOU STILL CAN.
DD: "HEALS PLZ I'M DYIN!!"
Geo: /think "How about a cupboard in that corner?"
"That cupboard in that corner could give a 16/tic regen...or it could give 5/tic refresh in THAT corner...hrm"
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 15:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Geomancer will now shout in Jeuno offering Mog House cleaning and upgrading services.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-02 14:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

08-02-2012 12:30 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

A good question was raised as to whether these new 2-hour abilities can all be unlocked and utilized or if it will be similar to the new merit-able weapon skills where you have to decide which ones you want to unlock.

Once the level requirement is fulfilled for each job, you will be able to use all of the new 2-hour abilities. Also, just to reiterate what was stated quite a while back, these new 2-hour abilities will share the recast timers of the original 2-hour abilities, so players can choose which one to use based on the situation.

We are also planning to introduce a way to enhance the abilities via merit points, which will be the next step for adjustments planned for the latter half of 2012. While the specifics for this have not been decided at this time, the plan is to add this to each job category. Also, there won’t be any restrictions on which jobs you can enhance as it will be possible to put merit points into each one.

Finally, in regards to a question about thief’s ability:

Cerberus.Mrkillface (FrankReynolds) said: »
Can we get some clarification on the THF ability while your at it? Is it a duration effect? or a one shot move?

The major damage dealt will be a single attack. You can kind of think of it as the way Sneak Attack is used.
Subscribe
By Xenshi 2012-08-03 06:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm some of the new 2hrs are on test server. Tried out drk cause I was super curious. Duration seems to be 30 seconds, got 40 tp first hit, 21 next, then 14 on last. Naked with a simple 444 delay weapon. Wanted to try thf, but it not on server atm. ; ;

Also did a quick try of the Rdm new 2hr, Protect 5 under it went up by about 79% or so. Only spell I did cause controller all screwy right now.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-03 07:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf 2hr single hit?

/sigh

Would have been nice to have a decent zerg 2hr since they're there anyways...
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-08-03 07:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lolDRG.
 Carbuncle.Blazer
Server: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2012-08-03 07:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice! It's confirmed they share the recast timers with the original 2 hours. Yes! Now they're even more useless.
 Shiva.Elensar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Elensar 2012-08-03 07:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

SE trolling us again with more pointless crap.
By Xenshi 2012-08-03 07:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All in all from the new ones they added to the test server which were Warrior / Black Mage / Red Mage / Paladin / Dark Knight / Beastmaster / Ranger / Ninja / Dragoon / Summoner / Puppetmaster / Dancer, I'd say DRK and RNG seemed far more useful than what the other jobs currently have. I'm no Drk by any means but I could see this 30 second duration at haste cap and marches getting a very decent amount of tp for 1-2 more weaponskills.

The Rng one stood out the most though. Being paired up with the new reduced wait time between a ranged attack is really nice. Used it with a weaponskill and it seemed to effect it also. Of course this is just eyeballing though so don't chew me out if it doesn't. With Double Shot up and aftermath from Gandiva it was like being in aby almost lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-03 07:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenshi said: »
Hmm some of the new 2hrs are on test server. Tried out drk cause I was super curious. Duration seems to be 30 seconds, got 40 tp first hit, 21 next, then 14 on last. Naked with a simple 444 delay weapon. Wanted to try thf, but it not on server atm. ; ; Also did a quick try of the Rdm new 2hr, Protect 5 under it went up by about 79% or so. Only spell I did cause controller all screwy right now.

So atleast up to 40tp\hit then, that's pretty amazing.
Would be nice if someone with test server access could test stuff like stoneskin, phalanx, haste and enspells and see what the 2hr do to them maybe?
 Bismarck.Tygra
Server: Bismarck
user: Tygra
By Bismarck.Tygra 2012-08-03 07:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll be nice that ninja will finally have a useful 2hr. All I use Mijin Gakure for now is a free way to warp home.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-08-03 07:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you notice some of the wording changed?

Not like this changes anything, really.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-03 07:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mijin Gakure is good to remove weakness.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-08-03 07:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Puppetmaster Allows automatons to use a special ability that varies by head.
Harlequin Head: Mighty Strikes
Valoredge Head: Invisible
Sharpshot Head: Eagle Eye Shot
Stormwaker Head: Chainspell
Soulsoother Head: Benediction (will only affect the automaton and members of its master's party)
Spiritreaver Head: Manafont

Best 2hr.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-03 07:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that too lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-03 08:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

08-03-2012 05:12 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1135] New Special Job Abilities

• New special job abilities will be introduced.

*These special abilities will share the same recast time as previous ones.
    *Abilities for the following jobs will be reflected on test server once the August 3 update goes live:
    Warrior / Black Mage / Red Mage / Paladin / Dark Knight / Beastmaster / Ranger / Ninja / Dragoon / Summoner / Puppetmaster / Dancer

Job Effect
Warrior Auto-attacks will not be considered physical damage. Greatly increases accuracy.
Monk Counters almost every enemy auto-attack and greatly increases enmity.
White Mage Prevents party members from receiving status ailments.
Black Mage Greatly lowers the amount of enmity accrued from spells.
Red Mage Bolsters the effects of enhancing magic.
Thief Deals severe damage and transfers your enmity to the party member in front of you.
Paladin Greatly increases chance of blocking with shield and damages target.
Dark Knight Auto-attacks absorb target's TP.
Beastmaster Sacrifice your pet to recover HP and remove status ailments.Grants the effect of Reraise.
Bard Greatly reduces target's magic defense, magic evasion, INT and MND.
Ranger Allows you to deliver optimally accurate and powerful ranged attacks from any distance.Arrows are not expended during attacks.
Samurai Evades all special attacks that deal physical damage.Enhances the potency of your next weapon skill every time you evade a special attack.
Ninja Greatly increases the chance of parrying.Reduces ninjutsu casting times by half and eliminates the need for ninja tools.
Dragoon Recovers wyvern's HP and removes status ailments. Enhances breath effects.
Summoner Eliminates "Blood Pact" recast times.
Blue Mage Allows unlimited casting of blue magic spells that use Unbridled Learning.
Corsair Allows for up to three Phantom Rolls to be in effect simultaneously.
Puppetmaster Allows automatons to use a special ability that varies by head.Harlequin Head: Mighty StrikesValoredge Head: InvisibleSharpshot Head: Eagle Eye ShotStormwaker Head: ChainspellSoulsoother Head: Benediction (will only affect the automaton and members of its master's party)Spiritreaver Head: Manafont
Dancer Gives five finishing moves and resets flourish recast timers.Eliminates the cost of finishing moves.
Scholar Transfers the whole party's enmity to a party member of your choice.

*The names, help text, and effects that appear on the test server for these abilities are still under development and are subject to change.
Subscribe

Test Server Update (08/03/2012)
 Asura.Akamatzu
Server: Asura
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2012-08-03 08:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Monk one seems more useful then hundred fist at the moment.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-03 08:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they have names yet?~
By Xellan 2012-08-03 09:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

About the only good 2-hours I see here are Summoner's, if you aren't planning on using Perfect Defense, because multiple Predator Claws or Wind Blades destroy a single Zantetsuken, and Blue Mage's, because nobody in their right mind ever thinks "Oh, ***. It's time for Azure Lore!" Oh, and you may use the new White Mage two hour for that n00b or returning player who needs Warbler red proc'd for the abyssite. I think that about covers it all though.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-03 09:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The whm new 2hour is very useful, much more than Benediction considered the state the game is in right now. The problem is no longer healing, rather avoiding encumberance/amnesia/badstuff spam. It's more beneficial for zergs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-08-03 09:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair's is useful for zergs assuming you're not doing more than one and want to rely on Wild Card for resets.

Or if you're in a position to hop into Abyssea and pop a revitalizer.

Edit: Of course, it also makes the already stupidly-long buff process before a zerg even longer. /grumble
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-08-03 09:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The major damage dealt will be a single attack. You can kind of think of it as the way Sneak Attack is used.

Dearest SE.

Go to hell.

Sincerely,

Myself
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-03 09:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Do they have names yet?~
The test server was updated, so some names should be available.
 Shiva.Elensar
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Elensar 2012-08-03 09:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Need SCHs in the party to troll any monks that use there new 2 hour.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-08-03 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Do they have names yet?~
The test server was updated, so some names should be available.

Just named like RDM 2H
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-03 10:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Copying from BG:

http://juliandev.com/ffxi/TEST2012-08-03/Weapons.txt (too many characters)
 Leviathan.Zaknafien
Server: Leviathan
user: Angrymog
By Leviathan.Zaknafien 2012-08-03 13:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Valoredge Head: Invisible
Nice...
 Carbuncle.Sanders
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-08-03 14:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup. Some of these JAs are like SE thought about it in a board room for like 15minutes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2012-08-03 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

so anyone on the test server try the new drg 2hr pop a revit in abyssea and then the original 2hr to see if it super powers it? lol
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-08-03 14:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, people need to simmah down. They're like the merit weapon skills: not all of them are better than what came before, but did you really expect something like BRD to get a better 2-hour than it had? The game is presenting more options for different situations, which is really the motif for the whole game's existence.

Though, I have to say... DRG... I don't even know where that's going...

I usually save my two-hour for clutch situations anyway and end up not using it most times (unless Revitalizers are guaranteed).

Lemme tell you what's going on.

^ = improvement
~ = side-grade
x = almost useless

WAR: x
MNK: ^/~
WHM: ^ (less useful if you have Yagrush)
BLM: ^ (I dunno about you, but I don't have an MP problem in VW, so this is good.)
RDM: ? (depends on potency)
THF: ^ (I simply don't find many situations for PD, so moar damage is OK with me)
PLD: ~ (depends on potency)
DRK: ^ (...ironically, you'll need Blood Weapon after spamming WS with this new two-hour)
BST: ~ (BST is one of my least favorite jobs, but I feel that this has its uses)
BRD: x (Really hard to beat out Soul Voice...)
RNG: ^ (EES suckz)
SAM: x (Really hard to make an ability for SAM that hasn't been done before and would qualify as a two-hour or would obsolete Meikyo...)
NIN: ^ (Mijin is just a warp anyway.)
DRG: x (This is not what DRG needed. Needz moar TURBO JUMP FEVER.)
SMN: ^ (Doesn't obsolete Astral Flow, but it's still zerg-friendly now)
BLU: ^ (I can see this being pretty helpful, though I'm no BLU.)
COR: ^ (I didn't use Wild Card at all, so this is helpful.)
PUP: ~ (I suppose a couple of those heads have something going for them, but it's all about the Invisible)
DNC: ^ (Lower that stun immunity and chainspell flourish, bay-bee~)
SCH: ^^^ (MPKing is back, baby!)

Many jobs that had a somewhat useless two-hour were granted a new one with more uses, so I don't see what the problem is. Not enough useless two-hours to complain about the new ones, even if they share a timer. GTFO, please.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 29 30 31