By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 21:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalasin said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Asura.Kese said: »
Last resort is a 3 minute duration, and 5 minute recast. 3/5 = 60%. So 60% of the time it's available, and 40% of the time it's not. So no, I didn't pull that out of nowhere.
who taught you how to merit drk? lol
Sorry, I forgot about recast merits. But last resort isn't up all the time, and the times it's not, the 10% haste is doing way more for you than 10% DA.

So having 10% haste 22% of the time(0% on ADL) is better than having 10% DA fulltime? Uh.
Yes, but nobody farms the pops and pops them the same day. And it's 28% of the time anyways.

I'm sorry that your Dynamis group sucks. Mine farms and kills 4-6 pops every day. Don't assume everyone is doing things the same way you are.

Out of topic, but this is why I will never pay these at 13-15M a piece. 7-10m top which I know won't ever be that low but just saying.
 Asura.Kalasin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Last resort is a 3 minute duration, and 5 minute recast. 3/5 = 60%. So 60% of the time it's available, and 40% of the time it's not. So no, I didn't pull that out of nowhere.
Sorry, I forgot about recast merits. But last resort isn't up all the time, and the times it's not, the 10% haste is doing way more for you than 10% DA.

So having 10% haste 22% of the time(0% on ADL) is better than having 10% DA fulltime? Uh.
Yes, but nobody farms the pops and pops them the same day. And it's 28% of the time anyways.

I'm sorry that your Dynamis group sucks. Mine farms and kills 4-6 pops every day. Don't assume everyone is doing things the same way you are.
Must suck having to bring 18 people.

We bring around 15, which translates to everyone receiving a marrow every 3rd day. Yes that really really sucks.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Must suck having to bring 18 people.

We bring around 15, which translates to everyone receiving a marrow every 3rd day. Yes that really really sucks.
Does when I can use 7 with mules and get 6+ every other day, between three people.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well grats to you, but the point was about DRK. 1.1/5 is 22% btw, not 28%. Either way, use whatever sub you want to roll with, it really doesn't matter in the end.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-28 21:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

3 minutes = 180 seconds, recast with merits is 4 minutes and 10 seconds. 4*60+10 = 250 seconds. 180/250 = 72%, 1-.72 = 28%.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-08-28 21:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

1.1/5 is assuming there are 100 sec in each minute.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-28 21:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
1.1/5 is assuming there are 100 sec in each minute.

k.

My derp on the % part, doesn't change what I said in the end though.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-08-29 07:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it does. Sekka+Med on ADL > 10da. Hasso > 10da farming.
Not sure why this is confusing or even being debated.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-29 07:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure it is possible to cap attack on ADL without Berserk.

So my simple rule of thumb that anything I can cap attack on without berserk, /war is inferior and /sam clearly wins.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-08-29 07:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use Magian Spectacles inside Xarc to lock your buffs waiting for NM ??? to repop(which is what myself and a couple other mythic holders in LS have been using to lock AM3). This basically allows you to have max buffs for everything except odious and bijou farming.
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-08-29 08:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww and here I thought my group was alone in the holding of buffs at the Demon NMs.

Thanks for taking that away from me Ejiin.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-29 09:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*diregard that I didn't backread*
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-08-29 10:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »

You can use Magian Spectacles inside Xarc to lock your buffs waiting for NM ??? to repop(which is what myself and a couple other mythic holders in LS have been using to lock AM3). This basically allows you to have max buffs for everything except odious and bijou farming.
Good to note, but was talking about the odious farming, not so much NQ DL and stuff.
By Fafnir 2012-08-29 15:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add to the magian specs thing: The book has a duration of 1min, afterwhich it auto-depops and unlocks you. Still, its good enough for the ??? repop but not to be relied on for everything
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-09-01 01:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got bored:

Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-01 06:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I got bored:

Can you please elaborate on both?

Is the top one a 4-hit or something?

*Edit

I clicked them and checked the descriptions.

My mistake.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-01 06:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I got bored:

I want this scythe but 520M gils... it hurts.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-01 07:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you even have time to switch gears lol #INB4humanlimits.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-01 08:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I got bored:

About to turn in my Mythic weapon....had no interest in Liberator until seeing that...still not sure its worth it but that does look fun.

There is only one 99 Liberator on Cerb and the DRK definitely isn't the best player.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-01 08:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gogo Liberator!
I know you want that MACC more than anything!

Which are you doing anyways? GKT?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-01 09:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Gogo Liberator!
I know you want that MACC more than anything!

Which are you doing anyways? GKT?

I'm between:

GKT
Nirvana
Sword
might rethink Scythe but prob not worth it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-01 10:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It was worth it.
And it always will be.
Macc, MACC, MACCC, MACCAVJDFKASDFASFLJSADFAFLERPERLP
I cannot wait to knock people around with it.

Those sets do look fun, I picked the Enif Corazza for low accuracy builds in legion. When I get Murzim I'll have to give that build a try.
WS triple attack, WS triple attack. Boom.

Though I am hesitant to make a build around rose strap, but by god it does look fun.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-01 10:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
It was worth it.
And it always will be.
Macc, MACC, MACCC, MACCAVJDFKASDFASFLJSADFAFLERPERLP
I cannot wait to knock people around with it.

Those sets do look fun, I picked the Enif Corazza for low accuracy builds in legion. When I get Murzim I'll have to give that build a try.
WS triple attack, WS triple attack. Boom.

Though I am hesitant to make a build around rose strap, but by god it does look fun.

Whats wrong with a rose strap?

Grats on Liberator btw, I know you worked your *** off for it.

Edit: mind posting your TP sets for Mid and high lvl. I wanna play around with Lib some more.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-01 11:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

During the tp phase building up to aftermath (if applicable) pole (and duplus in the future) seems to be better for tp gain, also even during AM tpgain, I don't see how multi- hit is a bad thing as it averages out in the end anyway right?

I don't think anything is /wrong/ with rose strap, I am just hesitant to for the reasons listed above. While double attack might in theory overwite my AM triple attacks during WS, for PvE I feel the pole/duplus is just more productive.

But also due to the nature of the mythic AM the importance of a double attack grip falls? I have honestly been debating pole vs. rose for a while.
(A four hit build is rather tempting.)

I also hope to finally get a p.body abjuration to put these 102 tatters and -1 to work. Which also makes me eye Murzim with a bit of disdain for FullAccuracy situations.

I am rather new to the weapon, still in the upgrading process, so my TP sets are far from finalized.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-01 11:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah 4hits look way better on Paper then in practice, especially in high buff situations. If I had to guess 5hitting /sam would be easy to achieve and be best in practice.

AM procs after QA,TA,DA so just like an OAT weapon you can shy away from DA but continue to stack QA,TA and crit rate.

I would definitely use rose if it helped you shuffle gear for your xhit or even claymore if it did not.

If I get a minute I'll make some sets for fun.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-01 11:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a DRK/other 5hit Low Accuracy level build.
In reality this isn't much of a "I need" accuracy build, I'm not really sacrificing much nor in that gaining in that respect. I'm prepared to scrap this. I am a bit too zealous I feel, in wanting to use this particular neo-limbus body. Oddly enough I never got a phasmida belt but I do have a mekira, I should probably get on top of that.

This is a DRK/other 5hit High Accuracy level build. This one feels alright.

In the future:
I want to replace the Armada with Valkyrie, so I could slot in rose strap for pole strap leaving me at 1stp short. I'll have to research what to put where. Attilla's earring seems awful but if you think of something else tell me.

This is a DRK/sam 5hit High Accuracy level build for when I do get the abjuration (finally!). 20% per hit via +24stp. I like this one the best.

I suppose rose strap wouldn't be so bad, as I initially started making builds around the rose strap to hit the almighty +39/24stp Liberator needs, but shyed away from it.

**Oh, and thank you for the congratulations.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-01 12:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you Insurgency at 300 TP then spam Entropy.

Or is Insurgency strong enough?

What is the rate of TA/DA on the weapon?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-09-01 12:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

From what I hear the TA is 20% and DA is 40% at 99.
I do insurgency at 300 and then spam entropy.

My scythe is only 90 so I cannot give accurate answers in regards to insurgency's potency at the moment, but I doubt I will be using it over entropy.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-01 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

From what I hear the TA is 20% and DA is 40% at 99.
I do insurgency at 300 and then spam entropy.

My scythe is only 90 so I cannot give accurate answers in regards to insurgency's potency at the moment, but I doubt I will be using it over entropy.

Wow absolutely awesome!!
Lol i'm thinking abut the crazy sets you can have on tp phase.
I think i'm gonna go for it.
 Leviathan.Awsome
Server: Leviathan
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-09-01 15:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what the TP return is for insurgency, but I'd TP in something like this with AM3 up if possible.

For both Insurgency and Entropy, would Huginn Hose or Ogier's Breeches be better?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16