First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-13 08:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

+ Generation X = ChaosX

I've been using this handle since the days of BBSs (Bulletin Board System).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-13 08:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
+ Generation X = ChaosX

*** you old.
I'm the same age as Jaerik lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-04-13 08:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yippee-ki-yay ***

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Krysanthia
Server: Asura
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2011-04-13 08:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

well since i am half Greek, i decided to give my cute little tarutaru a half Greek name ( Xrysanthema )= chrysanthemum but it was too flowery so I changed it to Krysanthia ( Xrysanthi) which means losely golden one and is a real Greek females name if i spell it correctly in Greek, and I put an "a" at the end to be more "American":P
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-04-13 08:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
+ Generation X = ChaosX

*** you old.
I'm the same age as Jaerik lol.

So practically the walking dead.

I'm about to hit 25, preparing my AARP and moving to Florida.

;}

I hit 25 in a few months ;;

But as for my name?

LS suggested it, so I took it lol, though it would be funny, especially seeing as I am a male player, playing a mithra.

My mules name "Fyyvoaa" was my Orig. name, but I changed it cause everyone thought I was RMT (yeah right.... *rollseyes*) I got that name from a random generator and added a few extra letters to it to make it unique.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 08:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Wow, I used to play Ultima Online back in the day, from around '98 until '04. I miss that game sometimes, but it got too weird by the time I left. The Samurai expansion was a cool idea, but the hot-neon colored gear made everything look like plastic toys.

Spend any time on Siege Perilous?
Nope, we actually tended to stay off the PvP shard because players there weren't usually super interested in say... plot events. :D

I left before UO2 collapsed and they attempted to back-shovel all of the sequel's lore into UO for contractual reasons. So I never got to see Blackthorn go from "guy with simple philosophical differences from British" to "giant evil mecha-overlord that tries to kill everyone." Nor the day-glo items, etc. Just heard of it.

Raph, Starr, Richard, etc were all long gone by that point as well.

Yeah, I left for a while and took a break(coincidentally, not intentionally) around the time when Blackthorne looked like something out of Quake II. I remember walking through a game store and saw new McFarlne Figures based on UO thinking "Wow, did I play that?"

Siege Perilous was crazy, because it was supposed to be this super difficult shard for advanced players, and it's where I started out. No, I wasn't elite(I actually kind of sucked), my buddy got me into the game, and he and his guild played there. So, yeah, crash-course city. I was first walking around Britain, learning what the buttons do, when a Gazer attacked me. Fun times.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Novaria
Server: Phoenix
user: Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-18 02:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kind of upset about my name actually...

So there I was forever years ago (what's it been? like 8-9 years?), anyway there I was wracking my brain for a name for myself. I wanted it to be Nova but that was taken (I just really like the word Nova...even tried to name my daughter that but the husband was against it)...anyway...so I was like ok what can I put on nova that will sound like a chick name AND not be horrendously stupid...so I tried a bunch of stuff Novatia, Novalia, Novaena, none of it looked right so I tried Novaria and I was like "WOOT that's it!"

Well about a year or so ago I attempted to google it to try to find an old site I had posted on a few times but the first thing that came up was this
Wiki Novaria

I have never read any of these books...so I'm still content to believe that I made it up, I just didn't make it up FIRST...kinda sad really, but, there you have it.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-06-18 02:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Celeana said:
My character name (and also the nickname that i use for everything) is a modified variation of the name of my ex-wife.

It's a nice name, but that must be a bit of a weight to carry with you huh?
Perhaps it's just the sentimental side of me speaking.
 Lakshmi.Gorobei
Server: Lakshmi
user: Gorobei
By Lakshmi.Gorobei 2011-06-18 02:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Back in mid 06 I was up late, as usual, in my gaming room channel flipping when a movie called Seven Samurai came on AMC. It was a lucky break cuz it had just started. It was a damn good movie. Good enough to get me to buy the Samurai 7 anime.

When I activated my character I knew I wanted to name him Kyūzō but lo and behold that name was taken (Never even met the guy who had it). So then next I tried Kambei but alas that was procured as well. So then I tried Gorobei thinking it would also be taken but lucked out. ^^

I have only met one person on Lakshmi who knew where my name came from....for some odd reason people think I got my name from Goro of Mortal Kombat.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-06-18 02:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This

and this xD
By Artemicion 2011-06-18 02:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Celeana said:
Artemicion said:
Valefor.Celeana said:
My character name (and also the nickname that i use for everything) is a modified variation of the name of my ex-wife.

It's a nice name, but that must be a bit of a weight to carry with you huh?
Perhaps it's just the sentimental side of me speaking.

What do you mean? I mean, i might have an idea what you mean but i want to make sure..

Let's just say I'm not one to let go easily.
It'd be an emotional burden for the most part to carry a piece of the past like that. But I only speak for myself, I'm sure you've come to terms with things and are content keeping this piece of the past alive.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-18 03:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as I've said the meaning behind Flionheart

I'll explain my XIV name: Chronos Raum.

Chronos is a god in ancient Greece and his name means 'Time'

Raum in German means space.

My characters name is essentially

"Time and Space"
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-18 03:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:
I'm kind of upset about my name actually...

So there I was forever years ago (what's it been? like 8-9 years?), anyway there I was wracking my brain for a name for myself. I wanted it to be Nova but that was taken (I just really like the word Nova...even tried to name my daughter that but the husband was against it)...anyway...so I was like ok what can I put on nova that will sound like a chick name AND not be horrendously stupid...so I tried a bunch of stuff Novatia, Novalia, Novaena, none of it looked right so I tried Novaria and I was like "WOOT that's it!"

Well about a year or so ago I attempted to google it to try to find an old site I had posted on a few times but the first thing that came up was this
Wiki Novaria

I have never read any of these books...so I'm still content to believe that I made it up, I just didn't make it up FIRST...kinda sad really, but, there you have it.

hmmm, it seems my name was also the name of a world in something called Mass Effect (not something I've ever played and now I want to...)

Also, according to google, it is the the last name of a lawyer in Boston, the name of a musical duo, and a partner to precision component manufacturing firms (whatever those are), among other things...

Dang it...I wonder if maybe I DID hear it somewhere and it stuck with me just enough...makes ya wonder ya know?

/em grumbles something incoherent about not being unique.

>.>
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-18 03:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Seeing as I've said the meaning behind Flionheart

I'll explain my XIV name: Chronos Raum.

Chronos is a god in ancient Greece and his name means 'Time'

Raum in German means space.

My characters name is essentially

"Time and Space"

That's pretty nifty!
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-06-18 03:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Heard "Renalde" in a Disney movie then tada!
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-18 03:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok it looks like I never did actually explain Flionheart.

When I was younger FFVIII was my favourite game for a long time.

I've always loved the element of fire

So my online persona became 'Fiery Lionheart'

When I went to play XI that name didn't fit so...

Flionheart

Fiery Leon was also an online persona I used. Sometimes I regret the name Flionheart. If I ever get a chance I'll shorten it to 'Fli'
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-18 03:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I guess I posted mine in a different topic of the same name.

One day I was getting ready to play SC with my bro (cousin, but we've always been close), and he says to me "From now on you will be Krizz."

So I am.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-06-18 03:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

XI was my first online game really... so when i was making my name i had one in mind i really wanted to use. then i thought "hmmm, it kinda sounds Japanese. and this game has a lot of Japanese players... don't wanna make everyone think i don't speak English."

so i thought, derp lets use my real name... oh! "Patrick" is taken... lets take out the c >.> oh yay it worked. i then start playing and realize the HUGE amount of American players that have Japanese looking names XD
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-06-18 03:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is a variation/boganisation on my last name which I actually stole off my brother years and years ago for my on-line persona for lack of anything better. Because I spent so much of my life on forums/mirc back then, that's just who I got to be known as, and so it's pretty engrained now.

Through FFXI, I've become known simply as blu, since for most of my FFXI career that was my only job, I played it well, and I was the only one in our LS or group of friends with the job.

My FFXIV name is Mortos Blu, Mortos means dead in some language, and is also a little bit of a throw back to a Terry Pratchett character named Mort. So yeah, Dead Blu is my 14 name, since I die so much.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-18 03:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine's from a minor ancient Roman god of boundaries. I honestly "made it up," only finding out later that it existed (in a few places, actually, some comics etc.) But I'm a fan of the Roman religion, I thought it sorta fit with my time in the Marines, and, there's a celebration honoring him that's almost exactly on my birthday, so I really couldn't be happier with it.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-18 03:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok it looks like I never did actually explain Flionheart.

When I was younger FFVIII was my favourite game for a long time.

I've always loved the element of fire

So my online persona became 'Fiery Lionheart'

When I went to play XI that name didn't fit so...

Flionheart

Fiery Leon was also an online persona I used. Sometimes I regret the name Flionheart. If I ever get a chance I'll shorten it to 'Fli'

Oh cool...FFV111 was my first ever FF game (sad right...don't judge I blossomed late...)

I understand about regretting the name sometimes...I curse my brother (Artificalmonkey) for his name every single time I have to send him something in delivery...it's soooo long!

Oh nifty bit of info about his name...I dunno where it came from exactly but his xbox name was Artificalmonkey it was supposed to be Artificialmonkey but he spelled it wrong and we all got so used to spelling it that way that we demanded he spell it the wrong way when he made his FFXI char.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Oh, I guess I posted mine in a different topic of the same name.

One day I was getting ready to play SC with my bro (cousin, but we've always been close), and he says to me "From now on you will be Krizz."

So I am.

Did he mention WHY you would be Krizz? Or was that just his thing?

I called Felos a porkhead once (I was mad at him and wanted to call him much worse things but I stuttered over myself and it popped out that way)...he laughed so hard that he felt the need to tell everyone we knew...and MY name became porkhead for a good 5 years or so...I assume you can all imagine why I didn't want to use it for FFXI lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-18 03:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:

We had a thing for replacing hard c with k (my name is Chris). I think we can attribute that to Mortal Kombat. Coincidentally, there's a rapper who started using the name around the same time. I still think I came first.
 Phoenix.Novaria
By Phoenix.Novaria 2011-06-18 03:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Novaria said:

We had a thing for replacing hard c with k (my name is Chris). I think we can attribute that to Mortal Kombat. Coincidentally, there's a rapper who started using the name around the same time. I still think I came first.

OH well that makes perfect sense then. And nowhere near as embarrassing a story as "Porkhead" lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-18 03:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Novaria said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Phoenix.Novaria said:

OH well that makes perfect sense then. And nowhere near as embarrassing a story as "Porkhead" lol
Indeed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8