Got talked to today at work :s
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2010-12-21 13:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stroll into work tomorrow morning wearing those rubber knee pads roofers use, (I think you can get then for < $10.00 at Home Depot) and say "Look, I love working here and I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep my job!!!" If they don't think that's funny then drop to one knee and take off one of your co-workers shoes by force and start polishing it. Growling and barking like a dog should help your case.

Get a notebook and write down some of these handy slogan's to scream there, like... "This is the kind of job people will KILL for" "I *** love you man!!!" "Wild dogs couldn't drag me away from here" and "You'll never take me alive!!!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose.

As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.
I don't drive my notebook at a deadly speed on a daily basis.
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your financial situation; cars are expensive, counter productive investments. The amount of upkeep and money you have to spend on it for a monthly basis is obscene. I would wait until you have a job that is at a much more local and comfortable distance and a bit of job security before beginning to think about getting a loan for a car. Otherwise, you'll be shooting yourself in the foot paying off for your car while job hunting, even if transportation is an available option.
[+]
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 13:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
By that same logic, alcohol/drugs aren't dangerous at all, because they're not intended to be so. Why don't you try telling everyone who's lost someone to a drunk driver that alcohol isn't dangerous and a vehicle isn't a deadly weapon.

Thank you. One of my best friends has back problems to the point where he is disabled because of a car accident caused by a drunk driver.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-21 13:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Geebus, guys, dude HAS a car, his license is just suspended. :|
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:

Oh right. My bad.
Well then, better star bussing or bike riding >.>
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 13:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose.

As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.

not everyone does the same with their vehicle of choice either
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Muffincannon said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ride a bike to the bus stop. Bus the rest of the way.
SAY THAT AGAIN TIGER!!!!
I woulda just said bike the whole way but then I know i woulda got "but zomg it's X miles!"
D: I would totally do this if it were not below zero every night, *** hate Illinois..

I love Illinois!!!!!!
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 13:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As to the OP, good luck. Considering your employers like you, unless you've done something to piss them off or unless somebody is forcing their hand you should be fine, just correct the issue asap. As to the getting to work thing, I feel you I had to walk to work and or use public transportation for about 8 months, it sucked. I live in the county now, if my ability to drive would be hindered I'd be screwed, as there's no plausible alternative.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose. As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.

I wonder how many textbook related deaths there are every year....
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
saying a car is a deadly weapon is like saying a textbook is a deadly weapon, yes you can use it as one, but that's no it's intent or regular purpose. As to the opinion note, saying "something IS something" has nothing to do with what the matter at hand was.

Ever have your face hit with the spine of a book?
*** hurts!
By Rustytiger 2010-12-21 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:

I'm in response to Slipispsycho's message, not the OP :-P
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ever have your face hit with the spine of a book? *** hurts!

lol...
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-21 13:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Ever have your face hit with the spine of a book?
*** hurts!

Next thing you know, books will be banned from airplanes.
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, gently tap your head with the spine of a semi-thick text book and you'll realize how lethal some bludgeoning with such an object would be >____________>
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Artemicion said:
Ever have your face hit with the spine of a book? *** hurts!
Next thing you know, books will be banned from airplanes.

Didn't you get the memo....? /comfort
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 13:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

luckily we set these precautions for the people who drive within the limits of the law!
srsly.
/facepalms
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Seriously, gently tap your head with the spine of a semi-thick text book and you'll realize how lethal some bludgeoning with such an object would be >____________>

So your making an actual argument? I thought you were being sarcastinc earliar.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 13:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

luckily we set these precautions for the people who drive within the limits of the law!
srsly.
/facepalms

I wasn't saying that people don't get out of hand, but you don't classify something as a weapon based on it's potential to be used as one, regardless of how often it's used.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-21 13:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

srsly.
/facepalms

I wasn't saying that people don't get out of hand, but you don't classify something as a weapon based on it's potential to be used as one, regardless of how often it's used.

So you wouldn't classify a kitchen knife as a weapon?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 13:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

lame joke ready here.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 13:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

srsly.
/facepalms

just quit with your contrarian ***, you know what i am saying.
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:44:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Artemicion said:

I thought my longface would give it away.
But yes, I am being somewhat sarcastic.
But in all seriousness, the spine of a book really hurts ; ;
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Artemicion said:
I thought my longface would give it away. But yes, I am being somewhat sarcastic. But in all seriousness, the spine of a book really hurts ; ;

No doubt, hopefully it leaves a scar though so you can impress the ladies!
By Artemicion 2010-12-21 13:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The ladies love the old cartoon bump on head look...

Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
luckily we set these precautions for the people who drive within the limits of the law! srsly. /facepalms

You always know how to brighten my day Jet. Honestly though, thousands of people die every year from car related accidents. Mostly "user error" but I'd be really surprised if you could find more than one "death by book". I understand that your trying to make some kind of argument towards the lethality of any object being used by a person can be used for an end, in this case death by bludgeoning but use something that people actually use to injure each other like a bat or something. Even in that case cars would seem to lead by a wide margin. Something they used to teach in drivers ed back when I was learning was that "Driving is the most dangerous thing most people ever do and they never even think about it."

Also, the main difference between a car and a book, you can kill someone driving a car without trying. You really have to try to kill with a book. I mean you can't say " oh hey! I was reading without paying attention and the book bludgeoned him without my full commitment to the action" lol... It'd have to be a fairly decent sized book to accomplish that I would imagine but idk. People drink and drive, text, fall asleep, etc... and kill themselves or others and that is a sadly common event these days.

tl;dr You have to consciencely use a book to bludgeon someone and in a car people fail to pay attention, drink, sleep, etc. and injure and kill people all year long. The act of using a car is inherently dangerous if not operated correctly a book is not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 13:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
The ladies love the old cartoon bump on head look...

Lots of swooning going on I tells ya....
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-21 14:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

srsly.
/facepalms

not unless it was used as one
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2010-12-21 14:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Colonel Mustard in the study with the..... BOOK! huh!?!?!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-21 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

srsly.
/facepalms

not unless it was used as one
so unless you hit someone with a car the car is not dangerous?
wat?