No Sounds Effects...

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » No sounds effects...
No sounds effects...
 Asura.Revelation
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-07 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged on to FFXI yesterday and noticed something wasn't right. Realized I had no sound effects, but I did still have all of the ingame music playing. So naturally, I checked the volume in the game settings config, and of course it was all the way up.

Me being so optimistic, I thought "Meh, it's nothing, I probably just need to restart FFXI.". So I continued to play, even though it was starting to get on my nerves a bit.

Well, I started up FFXI again just a few minutes ago, same outcome. Does anyone know what my problem might be?

Just be be clear on things, I DO have music sound, just no effect sounds(spells, WS, cycling through menus, etc..). Also wanted to note that the sounds work properly in everything else on my PC.

Little help, guys?

Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-08-07 13:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

u probly broke it
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-07 13:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I had something like this happen to me the other day on another game.. Not exactly the same but you might wanna check it out.

My comp is set up for 5.1 surround sound, so certain sounds are sent to certain speakers, but when I plug in my headphones, I lose 3 of those, thus I lose some sounds, while others stay.

If you use an actual sound system, I'd make sure all the speakers are working properly, and if you only use 2 speakers or headphones, I'd check your settings to make sure it's not on anything like Quad, 5.1 or 7.1.

Anyways, just an idea.
 Asura.Revelation
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-07 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
I had something like this happen to me the other day on another game.. Not exactly the same but you might wanna check it out. My comp is set up for 5.1 surround sound, so certain sounds are sent to certain speakers, but when I plug in my headphones, I lose 3 of those, thus I lose some sounds, while others stay. If you use an actual sound system, I'd make sure all the speakers are working properly, and if you only use 2 speakers or headphones, I'd check your settings to make sure it's not on anything like Quad, 5.1 or 7.1. Anyways, just an idea.

Thanks for the suggestion, just tried it, everything was OK.
Still nothing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-08-11 05:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Open your Windower Config Launcher and make sure sound is enabled through that. It's found in the Windower installation directory. That setting takes precedence over Windows and XI Config... strangely.
 Asura.Revelation
By Asura.Revelation 2010-08-11 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Open your Windower Config Launcher and make sure sound is enabled through that. It's found in the Windower installation directory. That setting takes precedence over Windows and XI Config... strangely.

I tried this first, didn't fix anything, ended up uninstalling and reinstalling windower for shits n' giggles, works fine now. Thanks tho!