PSA: Norg Is The Bestest, Mog Houses Suck!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PSA: Norg is the bestest, mog houses suck!
PSA: Norg is the bestest, mog houses suck!
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2024-04-13 22:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This is your yearly reminder that Norg Home Point #2 is the chocobo's knees.

Nomad Moogle, Porter Moogle, Auction House, Delivery NPC, and Proto-Waypoint all within a pebble's throw of the home point!

Are you standing in Jeuno right outside the Mog House and need to change jobs before doing something? Assuming you're using home points to reach your destination, it's literally faster to go to Norg to change jobs rather than stepping into the Mog House to do it. Count the number of times you have to zone!

Using mog house:
Jeuno > Mog house > Jeuno > Destination

Using Norg:
Jeuno > Norg > Destination

Just imagine what you'll do with those extra 5 seconds of your life back! Perhaps tip your local Nomad Moogle for his gracious service?

~~ This has been a public service announcement from the MHMU ~~
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-04-13 22:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shhhhh, now I'll find myself needing to squeeze through my entire server whenever I have to change jobs! Let them hang out in East Adoulin!
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-13 22:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey if your wanting to live on the wharf of Norg by all means be homeless. I prefer living in my sweet Ocean view property completely with servants and all the comforts of life.
[+]
By Tarage 2024-04-13 23:18:40
Link | Quote | Reply

K.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-13 23:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No SP Gobbie? Pass.
[+]
By jubes 2024-04-13 23:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

norg wins by proximity to moogle and AH, but nashmau has better music. both probably stink though, dark and damp cave vs. a market with rats and sheep everywhere.

oh and you didn't even mention ninja pirates which is pretty hard to beat.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-14 02:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I once had my HP in Port Bastok, to be close to mog curio and MH with full storage access.

When spark was unlimited, it was Adoulin, for spark/acvolades, unity transport and sellers. Plus coalitions when i needed that.

When i want to marathon Ambu, my HP is Mhaura.

When i constantly need to change job, then Norg, though i dont need it to be HP.

When i need to burn orbs, i change to Lower Jeuno (AmAN) or PJ (beastman/kindred seals)

Even Qufin/Misereaux when I want to rotate DIs

Flexibility is everything
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-14 02:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, I hate the norgians accent.

I hate reading a "yer" here and there, "mate"...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-14 03:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Al Zahbi or bust
By Seun 2024-04-14 04:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
~~ This has been a public service announcement from the MHMU ~~

Add dark mode to the list of qualifications.

Pantafernando said: »
I hate reading a "yer" here and there, "mate"...

Pirates get the booty, haters get the plank.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-14 04:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Al Zahbi or bust

Bad neighborhood.

Filled with those scums, those filthies Medusas, Mamools, Trolls and Tarus
[+]
By Tarage 2024-04-14 08:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To be serious though, my HP is currently and probably forever set to the Western Adoulin Mog House since it's now impossible to set it there anymore.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-14 11:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Medusas
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-04-14 13:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Works fine if you have all the wardrobes and don't need to bring in any equipment as it is all in there. I can't do that. I need to use //org o inventory to bring in my gear, and that doesn't work anywhere except the Mog Houses & Garden. Also, you don't get Outpost, Survival Guide, Voidwatch or Unity warps, or the Sparks/Accolades/Validator NPCs. Proto waypoints are very rarely used, and you can reach an Auction House in seconds by going to Ru'Lude Gardens.

I never set my HP in Jeuno or Adoulin anymore. Bastok Mines is my default (Outpost/Survival/AH/NPC Shop/Gobbie), but I change it up depending on what I'm doing. If I'm doing HTBs, then it will be Port Bastok. Ambuscade? Mhaura, etc. Norg is great for mules who only sell stuff, but it lacks many other things that a home nation provides.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-14 13:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How many jobs are you using throughout the week that you need to routinely dip into safe, 2 and locker to get your gear?

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Also, you don't get Outpost, Survival Guide, Voidwatch or Unity warps, or the Sparks/Accolades/Validator NPCs.
Theres an Atmacite Refiner in Norg that will send you to any voidwatch location as well as a Survival Guide.
By Beau 2024-04-14 14:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Norg is where it's at, and there is a survival guide near the zone. Since I personally don't use Organizer, but do use PorterPacker for 19/22 jobs (no pet-specific jobs gear), it's perfect since the Porter Moogle is so close to the nomad moogles. My fav part is being about to set the home point halfway between the home point above and the nomad moogle below so I can reset JAs on my characters without having to actually move.

Northern Sandy #2 is closer to HTBCNM NPC than port bastok FYI
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-14 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I've thought about changing my HP to a Nomad Moogle location, I always seem to simultaneously want to play the jobs where half of their stuff is in storage.

Other than that, though, Norg is super cool... However!

I don't like seeing people standing AFK all the time, and I like my Moogle House furniture and stuff. Plus whenever it's time for Monthly Grow Plant RoE, I'll be dipping into my moogle house without putting in extra mental effort.

Norg is full of folks AFK at all times, and I don't like that. I don't like seeing Galkas in the Chloris outfit just standing there menacingly. I don't like Mithras in the Gloom Phantom head. It's worse than when everyone was standing around in SHs and Haubies.

So I'll stick to Bastok Mines or perhaps Tavnazian Safehold. Are they the most efficient? Hell nah. But I ain't no robot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-04-14 20:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How many jobs are you using throughout the week that you need to routinely dip into safe, 2 and locker to get your gear?

Also, you don't get Outpost, Survival Guide, Voidwatch or Unity warps, or the Sparks/Accolades/Validator NPCs.
Theres an Atmacite Refiner in Norg that will send you to any voidwatch location as well as a Survival Guide.

All the time, because that is how //org o works. It takes from your Safe and Locker first. It also dumps gear in to those bags first. I don't need Safe2 or Storage that often, but I always need Safe and Locker.

It's still missing somethings I like to have nearby, and Bastok is my home nation. It has sunlight. It is nice to see the sun every now and then. I don't want to live in a cave.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-14 21:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All the time, because that is how //org o works. It takes from your Safe and Locker first. It also dumps gear in to those bags first. I don't need Safe2 or Storage that often, but I always need Safe and Locker.
Thats because its doing what its instructed to do.

You can remove safe, safe2, locker, storage from dump_bags in your settings.xml. Or you can adjust the priority of dump order so it will do field accessible bags first, or vice versa.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-04-14 22:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can remove safe, safe2, locker, storage from dump_bags in your settings.xml. Or you can adjust the priority of dump order so it will do field accessible bags first, or vice versa.

I know this. I kept the settings as originally intended because I had zero wardrobes when I got it, so I had no choice but to use all of my bags for gear storage. I have since caved in and got 1 wardrobe, but it's not really enough to stop using Safe and Locker for gear storage.

Now, if I had 8 wardrobes, it wouldn't matter. All my gear would be in them and I'd never use //org o ever again. And even with 8 wardrobes, I still wouldn't stand around in Norg. I'd rather log in and feel comfortable in my home nation of the past 20 years.
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2024-04-15 04:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Be a man and set your HP to Cape Terrigan outpost
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-15 09:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomad Moogles can't access Storage, so even with any adjustment to your addons, you won't be able to pull all your gear out, or you'll limit the amount of storable gear by 80 slots (can't use storage).

Also: Mog garden can only be accessed from a MH, which has mog garden stuff but also the gil storage box and ephemeral moogle.

Ultimately there's no best HP, really depends how you play the game. Are you doing a lot of HP content, SG, voidwatch, crafting, AH, do you use your storage, how often? Are you doing aman trove, ambuscade? Where are you getting KI for ambu?

The real answer is: change your HP regularly, it costs you nothing and can save you time. I set my HP to Aht Urghan #2 while doing ZNM, Lower Jeuno #1 while doing Aman trove, Mhaura during ambu, etc. My default when I'm doing nothing is Eastern Adoulin #2 but honestly we're talking about seconds here and you'll be losing seconds whenever doing the things your HP of choice doesn't cover.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-15 09:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Mog garden can only be accessed from a MH

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Mog_Garden#Accessing_your_Mog_Garden
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-15 09:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog garden can only be accessed from a MH

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Mog_Garden#Accessing_your_Mog_Garden

Lol OK. Can't be accessed from a nomad moogle.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-15 12:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nomad Moogles can't access Storage, so even with any adjustment to your addons, you won't be able to pull all your gear out, or you'll limit the amount of storable gear by 80 slots (can't use storage).

The server still lets you access storage if your addon sends the packets. Obviously that's detectable if SE decided that's where they're gonna draw the line, but I know quite a few people do it anyway and haven't ever heard of action taken.
By Trillium 2024-04-15 16:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Be a man and set your HP to Cape Terrigan outpost

Al Zahbi HP ftw!
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-15 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

OG: Selbina.
higher level OG: Kazham.
CoP: Tavnazia
ToAU: Nashmau