Atheists Are Not Suicide Bombers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Atheists are not Suicide Bombers.
Atheists are not Suicide Bombers.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-12-04 16:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
If it is so annoying, then why are you reading it?
what areyou gaining from this
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
look, at this point i'm pretty sure that bulletta is basically a pretty successful troll

i'd really hate to think about the implications if he/she is actually serious

A troll is someone who brings up discussions that cause hate to spike hate in the forum, right?

Thank you for helping my point.

Religion causes hate.
[+]
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-12-04 16:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont believe its your place to tell ANYONE what they can and should choose to believe, stop thinking youre so great and intelligent and *** off please
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-04 16:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Carbuncle.Taintedone said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
There is no theological argument against it lol

Which is exactly why there would be no point in having an educated discussion with you.

/shrug

With me or anyone that shares a scientific (Factual) view. I believe in reality, and facts. Not make believe.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were such a scholar on science, religion, and how they correlate to each other and how they cannot possibly coexist in any way, shape, or form whatsoever........
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Integral said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
what areyou gaining from this

I'm gaining nothing :)

Why are you on this thread if it is so annoying?

It pisses you off so much >< Yet you still do it?
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Integral said:
I dont believe its your place to tell ANYONE what they can and should choose to believe, stop thinking youre so great and intelligent and *** off please

/quote me on this please :)

When did I do anything remotely close to that?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-04 16:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
look, at this point i'm pretty sure that bulletta is basically a pretty successful troll

A troll is someone who brings up discussions that cause hate to spike hate in the forum, right?

Religion causes hate.

Yet another reason it would do no good to have an intelligent, educated discussion with you regarding this. You seem adept at twisting things to suit your own needs in an argument. Comparing a forum troll to religion and then saying that religion causes hate? Please.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-12-04 16:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Atheism kinda a new religion in itself? Like... the religion of not believing in a spiritual creator? And why all the "convert to atheism or die" attitudes. Isn't that what got religion in trouble in the first place?

Live and let live. Too much cool ***out there to waste your time trying to convince someone else you're right and they are wrong. Go find something you enjoy and do it. Leave other people alone. :(
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-12-04 16:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:

Ever watch that Anna N Smith reality show?

It's basicaly the same as that.

Watching ingnorant *** rant and rave while looking like total cu** = much lulz.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Atheism is a rejection of theism.

It's not a religion.

I don't have a religion. I don't believe in deities.

[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-12-04 16:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'll give you that one. But... why do we care? Isn't there enough ***out there for us to concern ourselves with? Why do we need to obsess over things that impact us so little, or not at all? Religion, gay marriage, Democracy across the globe...

What's that saying about something something best intents something something.
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Religion causes hate.

Yet another reason it would do no good to have an intelligent, educated discussion with you regarding this. You seem adept at twisting things to suit your own needs in an argument. Comparing a forum troll to religion and then saying that religion causes hate? Please.

If you read the OP on this thread. You'll I said nothing hateful to anyone. No trolling there.

You will just see what bringing up religion actually causes :)

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-12-04 16:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Atheism is a rejection of theism. It's not a religion. I don't have a religion. I don't believe in deities.

You don't get it. W/e the *** you think about yourself doesn't matter. The way that others react to you and the way society views you is dependent on their perception of you.

You can claim you don't have a religion all you want, but when you rant on worse than any Bible thumping moron ever has on this site, not only do you have a religion to us, but you are now a fanatical lunatic who needs to /wrist asap.

If you can present a single original thought or argument then I'll take you seriously, but until then your just an emo little vag who is trying to copy pasta off some google search of why Christianity is fake. (And you are failing at that also)

YOU SEE PEOPLE, THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
Ok, I'll give you that one. But... why do we care? Isn't there enough ***out there for us to concern ourselves with? Why do we need to obsess over things that impact us so little, or not at all? Religion, gay marriage, Democracy across the globe...

What's that saying about something something best intents something something.

Don't ask me why you care. How the hell am I suppose to know? lol

Ask them why they care so much ~.^

[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-04 16:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Religion causes hate.

If you read the OP on this thread. You'll I said nothing hateful to anyone. No trolling there.

Wait... Didn't you say in a post a night or two ago that you were intentionally trolling? At least that's what I remember reading.

Anyhow, why this again tonight? Shouldn't the subject have died then?
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said Frobeus, before you start ranting.

Read the OP.

There is no ranting in the OP.

My ranting started when my opinion was called stupid.
[+]
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It should have died, but as long as everyone keeps making comments on the thread they claim to absolutely hate... It isn't going anywhere lol

If I stop commenting, the thread won't stop :)
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-04 16:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
It should have died, but as long as everyone keeps making comments on the thread they claim to absolutely hate... It isn't going anywhere lol

I don't see this thread being posted in much when you're not logged in, lol. ;)
 Seraph.Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-12-04 16:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

If these threads are all you do, that is kind of sad...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-04 16:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Religion causes hate.

You just said...

Religion....causes....hate.... (see quote). I honestly don't know why you are referring back to the OP when that had absolutely nothing to do with my last post?
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-04 16:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, nice ninja edit lol. I'm just going on the fact that the only times I've noticed it active in the most-recently-posted-in threads at the top of the main forum page, is when you've been logged in and fueling it.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-12-04 16:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
And these are the only threads you do...which is kinda sad...
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-12-04 16:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

uh... Whoosh! -.-

Religion will always be around. It gives a sense of communal belonging. It allows people the satisfaction to "know" they are better than someone else, even if it is tongue in cheek.

Religion has been around since the dawn of man, whether you believe in science or talking snakes and donkeys that live in clouds. It really doesn't matter. It's a belief that humans need to satisfy a desire or craving. Instead of saying "I'm better than you!" they can now say "I'm (insert religion or anti-religion here" and the rest is implied. It still makes you into an ***. But it does so with less vim and bile.

The base of the whole argument is who's better than who. Is it the one who rejects religion? or the one who clings to it? In the end, does it really matter? No. It doesn't.

Stop dividing yourselves over pointless ***and focus on getting along, despite your differences. (unless you're a gay, jewish, black man. In that case GTFO.) (someone will get that reference!)
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2009-12-04 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Unicorn.Nymphadora said:
Seraph.Bulleta said:

I didn't say I was the one posting in them. ;D
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-12-04 17:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Bulleta said:
Like I said Frobeus, before you start ranting. Read the OP. There is no ranting in the OP. My ranting started when my opinion was called stupid.

No, the ranting started before you made 3 different topics saying the same *** on a gaming forum, for no reason other than to try and cause trouble.

Your arguments are ameturish at best, and once you make them, you quickly try to change the subject to something else, since you have no idea how to back them up.

Please, tell me what prompted the big bang, and what caused evolution to first begin.

Tell me how, the belief in a Maximally Great Being is not the most scientificly valid view of how reality first came into being.

Prove to me that reality exists.

Prove to me that objective data is the most significant data in the universe.

What happens to data that is taken in by black holes?

How can the the result of complete randomness at the quantum level result in static results at the non quantum level.

Your so full of answers, I'd love to know these.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-04 17:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

(Last post, have to be somewhere in 15 minutes)

You've posted that religion causes hate. Following that reasoning, could it not reasonably be said that, say, money has caused a comparable amount of hate and jealousy as religion throughout history? If that is so, and you denounce religion because of this, would you not decline any kind of monetary wealth that you may ever have and live a life of poverty since they both can be said to "cause strife"? Somehow I do not think so.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-12-04 17:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You've posted that religion causes hate. Following that reasoning, could it not reasonably be said that, say, money has caused a comparable amount of hate and jealousy as religion throughout history? If that is so, and you denounce religion because of this, would you not decline any kind of monetary wealth that you may ever have and live a life of poverty since they both can be said to "cause strife"? Somehow I do not think so.

But we don't need to be religious to have a reasonable standard of living. Some of the most successful and famous people in the world are atheist. Whereas, without any money or possessions, we wouldn't lead a very comfort filled life. No water, no heating, no roof over our heads, no treats... Nothing.

Whereas, being an atheist, I have all that because I have a job.

I get your point, but the analogy needs some work.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-04 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Wooooodum said:

But we don't need to be religious to have a reasonable standard of living. Some of the most successful and famous people in the world are atheist. Whereas, without any money or possessions, we wouldn't lead a very comfort filled life. No water, no heating, no roof over our heads, no treats... Nothing.

Whereas, being an atheist, I have all that because I have a job.

I get your point, but the analogy needs some work.

Forgive me, I was posting in a hurry (now I need to really get going :P)
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-12-04 17:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Garfield. Man, that's a cool cat. /derail
[+]
 Kujata.Hrolandus
Server: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-12-04 17:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garfield was pretty awesome, I remember checking his books out in the library as a little kid. My sister and I loved that comic.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14