lol @ being passive aggressive instead of name dropping
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 17:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

People know not to provoke Canadians. Theres a reason only one sport of the big 4 actually permits fighting.

I changed my mind, soccer isnt part of the big 4.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-09-26 17:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know who he's refering to when he says canadian but you of all people shouldn't feel adressed.

Canadians are known to be polite.
[+]
By Zehira 2024-09-26 18:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-09-26 18:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-09-26 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
Canadians Peeing

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-26 18:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the ones who never played FFXI
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-26 18:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

IYKYK
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-09-26 18:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
IYKYK
NOUKBWAC
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2024-09-26 19:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People know not to provoke Canadians. Theres a reason only one sport of the big 4 actually permits fighting.

I changed my mind, soccer isnt part of the big 4.

We proved this point in ww1.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-09-26 19:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bro me bro.

No but seriously bro.
By zixxer 2024-09-27 00:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually tried a few targetting addons and they actually lessened my overall dps and killspeed vs just switching manually as you fire the WS. It's also dead obvious when you autotarget the chigoes in the ground during a seg farm lol.
By Afania 2024-09-27 02:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a myth.
By K123 2024-09-27 02:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't believe anyone is even 4 boxing manually let alone 6. 3 without automation and alt tab is mind boggling enough.
I have carpal tunnel and RSI from 2 boxing for years.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-27 03:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you need to step up your game then.
VIP
By Lili 2024-09-27 03:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet another conversation that started potentially useful and ended in the classic semantics -> racism -> shitposting pathway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
Server: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2024-09-27 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Yet another conversation that started potentially useful and ended in the classic semantics -> racism -> shitposting pathway.

Welcome to the internet.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-27 06:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not sure

This thread already started very biased and casually critics toward a common category of players.

From the start there was zero attempt to the most basic empathy toward the other.

Several ways to deal with that, the most effective one simply ignoring them and only play with people you know/trust.

Instead, coming to forums to voice such a thing for people that most likely wont ever read the message and not even have the chance to defend themselves or contribute with their own point of view.

This thread was doomed from the start.

We are doing it a favor transforming it in a more productive way to use forum space, thats shitposting.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-09-27 06:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience as a new player.
[+]
By Ovalidal 2024-09-27 06:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a relatively new player myself. Due to my work, I can't play consistently, but I've really fallen in love with this game. I made a video series about it, and as a result, I've helped dozens and dozens of new players start FFXI.

Some of this issue is just availability bias. For every new player I've met who wanted to start work on a PREMA, I met several who just wanted to see the story. And most that I've played with who want to get into endgame just start soloing easier content to crawl their way up the gear ladder.

Veterans are in an unfortunate situation with new players. Vets rarely meet the new players who are slowly learning the content solo, because these newbies aren't asking for help. Whereas, the newbies who insist on getting Empy+3 while wearing Bayld gear are drawn to vets like flies to a lamp.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-09-27 08:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ovalidal said: »
Veterans are in an unfortunate situation with new players. Vets rarely meet the new players who are slowly learning the content solo, because these newbies aren't asking for help. Whereas, the newbies who insist on getting Empy+3 while wearing Bayld gear are drawn to vets like flies to a lamp.

This is probably the most sensible take on the subject in this entire thread. Very well put.
[+]
 Bahamut.Academic
user: Sevu
By Bahamut.Academic 2024-09-27 09:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
lol @ being passive aggressive instead of name dropping
Some people might even call it childish.

CrAZYVIC said: »
And the Swedish guy? He's a troll, plain and simple—he’s made like five posts, and all of them were just to provoke. You can tell he doesn’t have the financial means, so it bothers him that others can afford to spend $100+ a month on a hobby. He even went after people who multi-box.

Pretty sure I have a name, since I am assuming you're talking about me. I would strongly disagree that I have been trolling though.

Feels like you're just throwing anything at the wall hoping something will stick.

But I guess telling people to play the game and not break TOS by buying gil is trolling in 2024.

Look, I coudn't care less if you buy gil, and from your comments its clear that you do. I still don't believe that it's a good recommendation to propose to a new player. I know Asura has a reputation (and I was on Asura for several years), hence why I half-joking said it must be a "asura mentality" that buying gil is an acceptable way of playing the game since your shout/yell chat is spammed with RMT and mercs.

As for multiboxing, I've already stated I'm not a fan of it and doesn't do it myself, I think it hurts the game.
I'm not a hypocrite and stated I play and know people who do. I don't recall "going after" any multiboxer in this thread. Please let me know who I'm/has gone after.

The fact that I created an account this year and you doesn't know I've been lurking here for over a decade. Yeah I'm the troll here.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2024-09-27 09:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What if the person the OP is describing IS a veteran. What if they are 70+ years old and bring their 70+ year old wife to all the events and have been doing so for years, so you're not dealing with just one dead weight player, but two?

Asking for a friend.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-27 10:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Did I miss the part where we get rid of all the Galkas?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-09-27 11:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it perform automated tasks on the fly and adjust accordingly to scenario changes?

This is exactly what gearswap does, though.

It catches you sending an input and provides an output that can be adjusted according to scenario changes. It has delayed outputs (midcast, delayed only by CPU time.. and aftercast, which is triggered by an ingame event or time passing).

Let's say I write lua code that evaluates my party's HP and status effects, then casts the most practical spell based on what spells I know, how much MP I have, and what is most important to my party. I trigger this lua code with a typed command '/dobestspell'. When I type that command, it is not providing automated tasks on the fly and the decisions being made are not inherently more complicated than those made by gearswap. So, is this not a bot?

Would it be cheating if I also added a lockout for GCD and just hammered this macro for an entire event?

How about if I were to tie it to aftercast so that every time I cast a spell, it continues casting spells until I no longer have anything necessary to cast?

What if I'm such a good WHM that I already know what spell it's going to cast and on whom, so I'm only using it because it takes less macro space and doesn't require time to select target?

How about if I tie in a neuralink[assuming it even worked properly], so I'm still deciding what spell but it's happening instantaneously?

I think most people would consider most of these situations to be cheating. But, in terms of how they are coded, most are not objectively different than using gearswap as intended. It's almost entirely pointless to set out rigid rules for what is and isn't cheating, as every private server should have realized when they started making approved addon lists and including GS/LAC on the approved end. Feelings play more into it than objective facts, and things people are accustomed to using are always seen as OK when they probably wouldn't be by objective criteria.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9