Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 117 118 119
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 11:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about Police and society but no mention of Color of Law and the major breach of trust that gets committed when a situation like “this” manifests.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 11:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Personally, I think police perception on the public depends on the crime factor of said area.

Places where less crime occurs generally have police presence who are more open to the community, and a community more open towards the police. The inverse is true also, in my opinion.

Plus, we are talking about a group of people in a very high-stress job.

Yes, but who is the onus on? The civilian, or the trained professional? I expect more of a police officer than I do a civilian- they have the training and the responsibility in all situations they are involved in regarding conflict.

Yes police definitely need to get their ***together. The story is always the same, some overly aggressive dude screws up and everyone covers for him. Cameras have allowed everyone to see the horrible crap the Departments have been covering for years. How about those police who shot unarmed protestors and while they had been issued body cameras, somehow every one of them was turned off.

The act of turning off the camera while on duty and not in the restroom should be immediate suspension pending review.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-06-02 11:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zerowone said: »
kreek said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
A black male doing the same is considered a race traitor in black culture.
Your county is literally on fire and you still think making racist generalisations like this are appropriate...

'black culture', my God

Not only that, it’s highly inaccurate and ignorant at best.

“Black culture” is a term I’ve seen used by blacks in the media as well. As I pointed out earlier, I think it’s unwise to equate race with culture, but it’s not something Saevel made up.
[+]
By Afania 2020-06-02 11:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
The reason people marry someone of another race is because, they fell in love with them and that's it. There is no evil intent.

Just because someone married or have sex with another person, doesn't mean they view their partner as equal individuals. One can marry another person and still view that person as inferior individuals.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-06-02 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

blah blah blah high stress job blah blah blah.

Listen, the rules of engagement for the MILITARY is set to a higher standard than police. Police shoot people like it's nobody's business. Soldiders, unless they are fired upon directly and it is not already a firefight, have to follow a series of verbal warnings and non-lethal warning shots before shooting to kill. In America, cops fire at unarmed black men with their hands up from 20 feet away and unload 20-30 bullets in them. It's never one shot to centermass it's always >20 rounds. It doesn't take that much hot lead to stop someone
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 11:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

black culture is essentially uneducated shorthand for "American African Culture"- with its strongest anchors in the Northeast, Cajun, Gulla, and Slave Culture. Their artistic and music hubs for the most part reside in NYC, Los Angeles, New Orleans, St. Louis, Chicago. But to use the term "black culture" rather than to properly describe it is to belittle the variance in african-based cultures and lump 'em all together.

Let me know how the Italian Neighborhoods of an Irish town accept "white culture".
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 11:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised there is no discussion about the independent autopsy.

It's not really independent when it's paid for by the victim's family.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Quizzy 2020-06-02 11:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone make a periodic table of culture.

And then everyone memorize it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 11:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Are you saying medical doctors would lie for money?

Now now! Let's do more autopsies! Best of 5!
I'm saying humans would.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 11:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
Someone make a periodic table of culture.

And then everyone memorize it.

There's about 40 different things to fear from that (all of which I LOVE):

-each race's periodic abbreviation

-and resulting race compounds (mixed kids) and those abbreviations

-chemical reactions between different races

-molecular drawings of the structure of each race

And that's just off the top of my head :)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 11:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So Rooks,

Since this thread is not getting nuked yet, will you please review my OP, so that everyone can see that it's not a bunch of race bait BS?

Not a fan that it comes across right now that it looks like I spouted some sort of inflammatory ***.

Also, again for the record, didn't know these riots we're about police killing someone. Really thought it was corona virus nonsense.

Anywho... Yea can you please 'reveiw' my OP and put it back to what I had?

Edit: literally nothing in the OP deserves to be removed, kinda irritating that people can abuse the report button just cuz they personally do not like the conversation that derived out of it. Like, seriously, no one is forced to read these threads.

Lastly, I don't think this topic should be hidden away under PnR, because, this crap goes beyond all that, the conversation should not be hidden, people need to face this crap instead of burying their heads in the sand.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-02 11:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
Both sides have points here.

Note: I just think this is a funny place to put a Obi-wan image from that scene. I don't actually think Idiot Boy was taking a side.

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 11:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying humans would.
inb4 right wing trolls claim these new doctors are Democrat voters

Y'all do know that one of the saddest things about the entire George Lloyd situation is that for decades, Minneapolis has been known as the "San Francisco of the Midwest"- as one of the most socially liberal cities in the entire country, and a haven of civil rights for a very Irish-Germanic Midwest who's just used to seeing only themselves. Connection being that those docs are VERY likely dems :)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-02 11:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Idiot Boy said: »
Both sides have points here.

Note: I just think this is a funny place to put a Obi-wan image from that scene. I don't actually think Idiot Boy was taking a side.

Ok world police man, don't like the topic then GTFO, you don't have to be here, you choose to be though.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 11:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

that's just a good ***' placed meme.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-02 11:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sure some people have noticed I've been posting Tim Pool videos. I find to agree with a lot his assessments and his content is entertaining to me.

this one is pretty good:

YouTube Video Placeholder

and since Aeonova posted a Morgan Freeman picture. I'ma post my favorite clip of the man~

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 12:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
i'm sure some people have noticed I've been posting Tim Pool videos. I find to agree with a lot his assessments and his content is entertaining to me.

I would rather you just post your own opinions. The guy starts off reading a Daily Mail headline, we all know the Daily Mail is the UK version of Breitbart. Its a tabloid.

Then he goes on a rant about how the media is somehow misreporting what Trump did yesterday. Just watch his speech in the Rose Garden. As he is saying I'm your "law and order President" and an "ally to peaceful protesters," you can hear the explosions from the tear gas canisters popping in the background.

Why are the cops firing tear gas and rubber bullets into a crowd of people just standing there, protesting peacefully? It was 6:45, curfew was at 7, so they weren't in violation of curfew. Oh, it was because Trump wanted to walk to a church and have his picture taken. Not to pray or visit with parishioners or anything, it was a photo op.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-02 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I don't think this topic should be hidden away under PnR

We agree on this. In "normal" times I would have locked this the second I saw it. These are not normal times.

I like to disappoint everyone equally.

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Really thought it was corona virus nonsense.

In your defense, there's been a lot of demonstrations lately.

As for your OP, I'll have a look.

Kind of expected a different outcome when an Admin got here. It seemed like a lot of drama to let run free on a random-*** Tuesday though. I did expect this topic to be locked, however. I'm not such a wet blanket that I don't think people should have a place to vent. I just didn't think this utility site for an 18 year old game about swords, magic, and moogles was the place, but meh.

I talked about this a bit here but the important piece is:

Rooks said: »
The header at the top of the site says "FFXI Database And Community" and I don't think you can have a real community if the lines don't get colored outside of now and then. People are messy.

If this site was just laser focused on a topic, like a sub-reddit, then none of these extra forum sections would exist in the first place. That's not the goal of this place, and that means that when ***'s gettin' wild out there, there's going to be discussion of it here. There's still some rules and decorum expected - we're all adults here, theoretically - but emotions are high with good reason.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-06-02 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel dirty when Vic +1s my posts.

It makes me regret writing it.

Hmm good to know. I actually meant to plus the Obi Wan pic, but this works too.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 12:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I feel dirty when Vic +1s my posts.

It makes me regret writing it.

Hmm good to know. I actually meant to plus the Obi Wan pic, but this works too.

I think we all feel a little dirty posting here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 12:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

a site for "an 18 year old game about swords, magic and dragons" might at first look not appear as the best place for such discussions...but honestly where else?

Some of my closest friends of the past 10 years have been in game. I've socialized more with some LS mates than I have my own cousins in that timeframe. These are people that I CHOOSE to associate with, who's company I want. Where else is a better place to discuss the world we live in than with those whom I choose to share that world with- at least my little piece of it?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 12:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

a site for "an 18 year old game about swords, magic and dragons" might at first look not appear as the best place for such discussions...but honestly where else?
Certainly not Twitter.

Or Facebook.

Or Reddit.

....actually, this may be the best place for such discussions. It's mainly civil in here, compared to the dark depths of the internet.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 12:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying humans would.
inb4 right wing trolls claim these new doctors are Democrat voters
Na it's totally paid shills by Soros to allow Hillary to take office and declare martial law across the nation for her to rule for the rest of her unnatural lifespan, the entire Trump admin was a farce to prop her up and give her all the power. The space force is a ploy to build space lasers to go all Zola's algorithm on would be defectors.

All hail the empress!
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 12:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Certainly not Twitter.

Or Facebook.

Or Reddit.

....actually, this may be the best place for such discussions. It's mainly civil in here, compared to the dark depths of the internet.

Twitter and Facebook are more of an self-generated echo chamber based around who we choose to see and who sees us.

Reddit...I'd find more positivity in a 1980s Pancreatic Cancer Ward.

At least here its a mixed bag of social and political opinions and my personal experiences have been pretty chill in terms of contradictory interactions.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-06-02 12:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

black culture is essentially uneducated shorthand for "American African Culture"- with its strongest anchors in the Northeast, Cajun, Gulla, and Slave Culture. Their artistic and music hubs for the most part reside in NYC, Los Angeles, New Orleans, St. Louis, Chicago. But to use the term "black culture" rather than to properly describe it is to belittle the variance in african-based cultures and lump 'em all together.

Let me know how the Italian Neighborhoods of an Irish town accept "white culture".

African-American-Man puhlesse.

The term "Black Culture" is used by the black community all the time.

https://nmaahc.si.edu/blog-post/black-beautiful-emergence-black-culture-and-identity-60s-and-70s

Issues go much deeper and we'd really get into a political debate, which is probably well outside the scope of this thread. Suffice to say that encouraging impressionable youths to openly engage in violent confrontation and / or warfare with the state as a symbol of masculinity isn't a very good idea.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 117 118 119