Let's Start A Riot?!?!

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 117 118 119
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 07:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kreek said: »
I also love how the people who insisted the Iranian regime must step down because of protests nowhere near as bad as these don't apply the same logic to their own country. The same people who opposed the violent response to the protests are the same people who want the army on the streets and police to shoot protestors. As expected, of course.

What a difference 5 months makes.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
How do you walk around the fact that police brutality disproportionately targets black people than white people? And that black people are the group most likely to be killed by cops?
Mainly because cops are more likely to be assaulted by black people and shot at by black people?

Ever think about that? There's always 2 sides to every story.

What source are you using? Are you also controlling for class and financial status?
I mean, it's common sense, but since you require a source...

Also, for your reading entertainment:

Study shows that white police officers are no more likely to shoot minorities, and the liberal media melts down
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
The issue is minorities have been claiming ***like this happens all the time for decades. And now we have cell phone cameras and we get evidence that it happens...all the time.
If this happens all the time, don't you think it would be reported daily?

Instead of, what, once ever year/2 years?

Yes, reporting of such instances have increased, and mainly because of social media and/or cellphone footage, but honestly, it's not happening at a rate you claim it is happening at.

Asura.Toeknee said: »
All I was asking was, rather than looking at the after effects of people being fed up - put that energy into what actually caused it. Because that's what all of this has been about - every hashtag, BLM, kaepernick, etc etc. has been about police brutality. So when AGAIN the cops kill someone, and AGAIN people aren't listening to the actual message here, in this instance it would seem that you care more about property than people.
Yes, and the problem is, more people are more interested in looting than debating/changing the situation. Each one of these incidents always follows the same pattern: Outrage followed by looting followed by arrests followed by discontent followed by whatever is next in the news cycle. After 2 weeks people will forget that this event ever existed. And no change ever occurs.

And Floyd's name will not be brought up until the next incident occurs.

Because solutions presented are dismissed almost immediately. Do you remember what I suggested just yesterday?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

Joe Biden is not far left lmfao
No, but he panders to the far left way too much.

His voting record may not show that he is further left than Obama was, but his apologetic behavior and pandering in recent months shows that he is shallow enough to go to the left in a heartbeat.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2020-06-02 08:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
This is helping Trump actually. The people getting looted and their businesses and homes destroyed are probably voters and they will be the ones to show up and remember this horror. The far left is advocating for the looting to continue and not to be stopped

Joe Biden is not far left lmfao
No, but he panders to the far left way too much.

His voting record may not show that he is further left than Obama was, but his apologetic behavior and pandering in recent months shows that he is shallow enough to go to the left in a heartbeat.

The dude says he would veto medicare for all, which is the only 'far left' legislation that has any chance of coming true anytime soon, how the *** is he 'pandering' to the far left too much?
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-02 08:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Y'all, Chatterbox is not the new P+R.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 08:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Say anything to get elected, despite actions. No one cares what you do as long as you say you will/won't do it.

Facts are optional now.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-02 08:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, for real, anyone who thinks Biden is anything other than center-right needs their scale calibrated. "To the left of Ghengis Khan" is not left.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord 2020 is basically getting to experience Caligula's Rome with WIFI.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we need some clarification on this, since 9+ pages occured since I decided to go to sleep:

1) Protesters are not Looters. Looters are not Protesters. These are two different groups with two different messages. One is against the police officer's actions and subsequent response, the other just wants to destroy things and steal from others.
2) Politics aside, nothing will get done because nobody wants to talk about the issues. Issues stem from:
a) Why this ex-officer was allowed to continue on the force while having 17 incidents on his record, one of which includes a lawsuit for abuse.
b) Why was the police union defending him all 17 times? Why did they pressure the police administration in dropping all charges, including the lawsuit against him and other officers in the same suit?
c) Why did the Mayor of Minneapolis reject changes that the previous police commissioner had put in place that would have help prevent, or at the very least deterred this action from taking place?
d) Why did the current police commissioner revert/destroy all the work the previous police commissioner did that would have helped prevent this tragedy?

This shouldn't be a racial issue. Yes, it's being portrayed as one, but in all honesty, it's not. This is a bad officer who was shielded from discipline for far too long, and this needs to change. That would do more for the nation than any heated discussion on race relations would.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 08:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't his wife Asian anyway, which eliminates him from being a racist?

....wut?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

"Im not racist I have an black friend asian wife"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

...and there goes any attempt to bring this discussion into the realm of civility.

I guess people just want to be trolls instead of actually try to discuss current events.

Whatever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 08:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

...and there goes any attempt to bring this discussion into the realm of civility.

I guess people just want to be trolls instead of actually try to discuss current events.

Whatever.
Says the worst troll ever. Stop trying to white knight in a thread that is doomed anyway.

Every now and then a troll can peer from under his bridge and speak truth. Even if its coming from a troll, truth is truth.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-02 08:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, I don't want this thread to be moved to P&R. If it does, I'm no longer allowed to post in it.

Unlike you, Directx, I don't delete accounts and create new ones. Especially since there's no point in me doing it.

This thread has (mostly) stayed out of politics, so I feel like I can contribute without setting Rooks's hair on fire.

Also, I'm not a troll. I have conviction in what I post, and on most occasions I back up my opinions with sources. Just because you want to derail a topic and demean those who don't agree with out (which is literally everyone, btw), doesn't mean that everyone else is a troll.

I at least try to bring discussion to this thread. You just blatantly attack everyone under the sun.

Just don't bother deleting your account this time, and stand up for yourself for once.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-02 08:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of people "swapping accounts" and avoiding bans/topic bans/section bans. Creating new threads to do the same ***. is too damn high
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-06-02 09:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Shiva.Zerowone said: »
I’ll take at stab this pages theme that’s clearly not being grasped:

If you think looting and rioting needs to stop and that the unnecessary death of people caused by police is horrible

Instead of thinking that looting and rioting is horrible and that the unnecessary death of people caused by police needs to stop...

Then your priorities are pretty suspect.
Honest question: What if you think both are horrible and need to stop?

Honest answer : then you’re a decent human being.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 09:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would a white racist marry an Asian?

Assumed this was just rhetorical, but in the case it wasn't:

Control. Its extremely common to see this action happen, although of course it was more common in the post-WW2 era when many men came back from Asian theater wars (WW2, Korea, Vietnam) with Asian wives for the sheer sake of domination. American women were becoming more socially independent, and a generation of men raised with stay-at-home moms and breadwinner dads wanted to relive what they grew up with- a wife they could control like their dads controlled their moms. Its less prevalent now, but still happens.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2020-06-02 09:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can somewhat understand that, and was expecting it as a reply. However, if you marry an Asian to dominate them because you think they're of an interior race then you couldn't have children with them because then they'd be inferior in your beliefs?

My first thought is that you might be ascribing a touch too much logical consistency to racists.

My second, worse thought is that anyone who's marrying someone so they can control them is probably going to take a very similar tack on their children, regardless of how closely their skin tone resembles copier paper.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-02 09:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Idiot Boy said: »
skin tone resembles copier paper.
probably laughed at this harder than I should have

edit: PC load letter
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-02 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

scary thing is a lot of those psychopaths actually see having children with a "lesser race" as helping them by "improving their gene pool". I'm not making this ***up- you grow up in small town midwest Ohio then live for 8+ years in the Mid Atlantic coast area of the South, and you see way too many racists on a daily basis.

Its the same reasoning that racists use to classify "light skinned" black people as "better" than "Africans" or whatever they choose to call someone more dark-skinned.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 117 118 119