Random Politics & Religion #34

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #34
Random Politics & Religion #34
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 133 134 135
By Nausi 2018-08-02 18:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
For the right it's a symbol that they can reject the whole global citizenship multiculturalism forced diversity philosophy.

In other words, racism.
In classic leftist laziness and sophistry, the preferred out group slur has been thrown.
By Nausi 2018-08-02 18:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Xenophobia would probably be a more apt description.

I'll agree, xenophobia is the proper term.
It isn't, you're just comforting yourself by pretending people who don't agree with you are irrational.
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-02 19:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
what is your rationale then? trump is bad so I'm against it?

why does pleebo care if a bunch of idiots build a stupid wall or not?
It's an inane design devoid not based in any logistical reality. No realistic way to obtain the vast tracts of land needed. No realistic way to address the immense ecological impacts of a giant continuous partition. No realistic way to fund the project. No realistic assessments that it will actually curb illegal immigration other than "well, like, it's really hard to climb".

Of course it's little more than a rallying point for the Trump base so it's not like there needs to be any fleshed out ideas.

If you believe that the first part of your own statement is true, then why would you worry or care?

If it's poorly designed, unrealistic to fund and won't curb illegal immigration anyways what's the impact on the Pleebo?

Won't it just fall apart on it's own? Or blow up in our faces?

I'm not getting the how it negatively effects pleebo or why you would care. You said yourself "it's little more than a rallying point for the Trump base" so then how does a wall we can't afford to build or acquire the land for negatively effect the environment it's not on.
He hates it because "take that Blumpf!'
By Viciouss 2018-08-02 19:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh hey, its nausi with his jokes.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 19:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Majority Yiddish speaking areas have vanished.
Did they assimilate?
We did.

Odin.Slore said: »
We have a klezmer festival in Syracuse every year. I have never been myself but it is pretty popular.
Klezmer has been called Jewish jazz. Its fun music, you should go.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 19:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kris Kobach’s Lucrative Trail of Courtroom Defeats
For years, the candidate for Kansas governor has defended towns that passed anti-immigration ordinances. The towns have lost big — but Kobach has fared considerably better.

Pro Publica

Its a really wonky article but then again I am a bit of a politics wonk.

TLDR: Kobach has never written an anti illegal immigrant law that was not overturned but he made big bucks and ruined several small towns writing and attempting to defend them.
[+]
By Viciouss 2018-08-02 19:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kobach was that idiot that headed up the failed voter fraud commission whose first act was a crime, lol.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 20:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Walls are mostly built to keep people in not to keep people out.

The most famous one that was built to keep people out didn't work so well but at least it was never tunneled under.

Clue: San Diego has a wall. It also is a major smuggling hub due to tunnels. We have automated listening posts. Somehow tunnels are still being dug.

The Israelis, who are probably way more advanced in detecting tunneling than we are, have automated listening posts too and yet tunnels are still being dug there as well.

Question, who would have the better tunneling tech, Hamas or Mexican cartels? Who would have better funding?
By Nausi 2018-08-02 20:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gated communities are sure meant to keep rich people in and not poor people out.

No I'm just saying someone claiming a wall is the symbol of stopping other cultures from entering the country is a pretty xenophobe and/or racist thing to say.

Wanting a wall to stop people from illegally entering the country isn't xenophobia.

There's quite a big gap between the two, but that I was replying to what Saevel said.
Ok point taken, however all cultures AREN'T equal. Keeping out inferior cultures is in everyone's best interest.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 21:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Gated communities are sure meant to keep rich people in and not poor people out.
Actually both.

No I'm just saying someone claiming a wall is the symbol of stopping other cultures from entering the country is a pretty xenophobe and/or racist thing to say.

Wanting a wall to stop people from illegally entering the country isn't xenophobia.

There's quite a big gap between the two, but that I was replying to what Saevel said.
Ok point taken, however all cultures AREN'T equal. Keeping out inferior cultures is in everyone's best interest.
Who's culture is inferior and by who's standards?

For extra points tell me how many cultures we have in the USA.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-02 21:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The most famous one that was built to keep people out didn't work so well but at least it was never tunneled under.

Clue: San Diego has a wall. It also is a major smuggling hub due to tunnels. We have automated listening posts. Somehow tunnels are still being dug.

The Israelis, who are probably way more advanced in detecting tunneling than we are, have automated listening posts too and yet tunnels are still being dug there as well.

Question, who would have the better tunneling tech, Hamas or Mexican cartels? Who would have better funding?

If they're being forced to build tunnels, doesn't that go against the "just bring a ladder lulz" argument? Either way, forcing the criminals to get innovative seems more effective than having no structural defense at all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-08-02 21:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually both.

For the sake of a simpler explanation, I would rephrase that as some cultures are more incompatible with ours than others. There are too many cultures where living a lifestyle that is acceptable in America would be a death sentence elsewhere. Whether you deem such culture to be "inferior" is simply opinion, but our way of life hinges on the notion that we aren't going to allow people who want to destroy our constitutional rights to gain influence or, heaven forbid, become a voting majority.

You have to assimilate to survive elsewhere, so why can't that be a basic expectation to become a citizen here?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-02 22:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh .... no.

For all the existence of humanity we've built walls to create a safe enclosed space to protect the inhabitants from the wild animals, the elements and other tribes. Later those walls became better and stronger and were used to fend off armies. Using a big *** wall, as ineffective as it would be considering the size, to keep out illegals is perfectly in line with historical purposes of said walls.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-02 22:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was a kid two blocks in NYC and there was another culture.

Many were commercial rather than ethnic.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-02 22:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping out inferior cultures is in everyone's best interest.
Well then. It's actually refreshing that you're not trying to hide it anymore.
By Nausi 2018-08-02 22:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually both.

Are you suggesting that all cultures ARE equal or should be held in perfect equity?
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-02 22:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping out inferior cultures is in everyone's best interest.
Well then. It's actually refreshing that you're not trying to hide it anymore.
Are all cultures equal?
By Nausi 2018-08-02 22:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

and hide what?
By Nausi 2018-08-02 22:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I bet Pleebo is gonna bend himself into a massive pretzel trying to justify how cultures that toss gay people off roofs are just as equal as cultures that don't.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2018-08-03 04:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I bet Pleebo is gonna bend himself into a massive pretzel trying to justify how cultures that toss gay people off roofs are just as equal as cultures that don't.
Ok let's use that particular example. Murdering gays because of their sexuality happens in this country. Just a recent example: Hate crime charges added in murder of gay teen. Are we still superior? Does that make this our culture or does it need to be codified into law? Does it need to happen regularly? Because it very much still does. Does it only count if they're tossed off a wall? What is your standard for judging superiority?

You don't have any rational metric. You think you maintain supremacy simply by being part of your own in-group. You can cut the dumb dog whistle ***. It's not original or interesting. I'd question your superiority over a bowl of *** tuna salad.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-08-03 06:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
the gypsy woman thing wasn't intended as a snub, fyi. My wife is a russian gypsy woman, and I'd have her no other way.
I took it as a complement.

The before you were born bit was intended to illustrate that majority Spanish speaking areas in the US have been around for a while. (Indeed, the New Mexico state legislature has been operating in both English and Spanish since it was a territory.)

Majority Yiddish speaking areas have vanished.

If you are suggesting a Yiddish bagel shop...I'm on it !
By fonewear 2018-08-03 06:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought walls were to keep housing from collapsing...and the neighbors out !
[+]
By Nausi 2018-08-03 08:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok let's use that particular example. Murdering gays because of their sexuality happens in this country. Just a recent example: Hate crime charges added in murder of gay teen. Are we still superior? Does that make this our culture or does it need to be codified into law? Does it need to happen regularly? Because it very much still does. Does it only count if they're tossed off a wall? What is your standard for judging superiority?

You don't have any rational metric. You think you maintain supremacy simply by being part of your own in-group. You can cut the dumb dog whistle ***. It's not original or interesting. I'd question your superiority over a bowl of *** tuna salad.
This argument isn’t even remotely rational.

Some cultures celebrate throwing gays off a roof. Our culture doesn’t, and one (or a hundred) guy accused of a “hate crime” isn’t even remotely the same. A more viable comparison would be the lynchings of black people that happened with no legal consequences almost 100 years ago in the south, which is no longer part of our culture, thank god. So your argument is there is pathetic. You’re desperately conflating apples to oranges. Instead of even adressing my core point, that all cultures arent equal, which you’ve chosen to ignore.

Then in classic fashion you throw out in a display of leftist tribalism, a charge of covert racism. Culture is not race bud, and the desire to preserve ones culture by excluding others isn’t racist. I don’t much care at all what race any immigrant is -as long as they adopt american values and assimilate to our culture. That standard isn’t racially exclusive (no matter what your whiny leftist babbling suggests). Therefore, my beliefs aren’t rooted in race. So shut the *** up about it. Unless of course you have nothing else to add but the continued masturbatory practice of stroking your racism/victim ***.

(Tuna salad? Wtf?)
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-03 08:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually both.

Are you suggesting that all cultures ARE equal or should be held in perfect equity?
This man can clear a conclusion by at least 8' 6" with a running broad jump.
By Nausi 2018-08-03 08:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There is real racism going om in this country that is celebrated. The New York Times just hired Sarah Jeong, who has specifically annotated her hatred for white people over the last 10 years.

All last night I heard professional journalists defend the idea that she cannot be racist because she herself isn’t white, further perpetuating he idea that only white people can be racist (which is in itself a racist idea).

Conservatives have always said the real racists are on the left. This becomes glaringly more obvious day after day.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-08-03 09:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

... A more viable comparison would be the lynchings of black people that happened with no legal consequences almost 100 years ago in the south, which is no longer part of our culture, thank god....
Emmit Till was lynched in 1955. Civil rights workers were lynched in the 1960s, there are suspected lynchings that happened in this century.

I am afraid that lynchings are still part of the southern culture but at least they are no longer celebrated today.
By Viciouss 2018-08-03 09:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol first we have the joke claim that there arent enough racists to elect a senator now we have moved on to the joke that all the racists are on the left. Fun morning.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 133 134 135