Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 111 112 113
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-11-03 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
*type... Okay I'm done.
I liked toe better. Hilarious mental image.
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 12:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Conservatives are the only ones allowed to feign victim hood on the internet while insulting their counterparts in the same breath.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-11-03 12:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Paged!

[+]
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 12:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-introduce-bill-to-remove-bob-mueller-from-special-counsel-2017-11

Lol Uranium 1.

Yellow Cake!!!!!

Politicians who drive conspiracies and obstruction for votes!

God Bless America.
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 12:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
I still fail to see how that's any different from using sports, movies, retail, food, or any of the bajillion other businesses that are the platform for politically motivated soapboxes. It sounds like you're just mad that it's not a liberal soapbox.

Liberals are the only ones allowed to speak their opinions. Only their opinions shall be heard and anyone disagreeing or speaking different opinions should be shamed and silenced.

Sounds like some pretty dark communist countries right there.

Where do you draw the line though? You can play with legal definitions all you want, but the bottom line is that when people are trying to spark violence or discrimination against specific groups of people based on skin color, religion, or philosophical belief, it's problematic.

Using your freedoms to attack someone else's freedoms may not be illegal, but it is really, really cowardly.

And keep in mind, as we've said a thousand times before, while you have First Amendment protections to say what you like, so do others.

If someone says something that offends the majority of people (for instance, Nazi rhetoric or PETA's crazy ***or whatever) it should come as no surprise when someone tells them to shut up and *** off.

That's not censorship. That's consequence. And trying to say people are "oppressing them" when they tell them such they're actually running and crying for the same "safe spaces" they think they're mocking in an edgy fashion.

The whole thing is really stupid. Wearing swastikas to be edgy and eschew society was effective when it was hardened bikers doing it decades ago.

Now it's just the newest fidget spinner for whiney white manboys that happen to have conservative leanings instead of liberal.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-11-03 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I could boycott Starbucks cause the owner is a crazy liberal...but they make coffee I like. The politics of business owners isn't that damn important to me.
They make acceptable coffee at best. The only good thing about Starbucks is when I am in Seattle and my dog wakes me up at 5:30 AM, they are open, serving, and 3 blocks from where I stay.

Speaking of Seattle, Pagliacci Pizza beats any national pizza chain hands down.
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 12:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
They make acceptable coffee at best.

They make overburnt sludge so that when people order 3 different syrups, a cup of almond milk, and double whip cream there's still a vestige of coffee flavor left.
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 12:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

“You’re using big words. I’m going to take that as an insult.”
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-03 12:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Where do you draw the line though? You can play with legal definitions all you want, but the bottom line is that when people are trying to spark violence or discrimination against specific groups of people based on skin color, religion, or philosophical belief, it's problematic.

It's wrong always and forever, and right now the left is using those exact tactics and then blaming it on the right.

Using your freedoms to attack someone else's freedoms may not be illegal, but it is really, really cowardly.

And keep in mind, as we've said a thousand times before, while you have First Amendment protections to say what you like, so do others.

If someone says something that offends the majority of people (for instance, Nazi rhetoric or PETA's crazy ***or whatever) it should come as no surprise when someone tells them to shut up and *** off.

That's not censorship. That's consequence. And trying to say people are "oppressing them" when they tell them such they're actually running and crying for the same "safe spaces" they think they're mocking in an edgy fashion.

The whole thing is really stupid. Wearing swastikas to be edgy and eschew society was effective when it was hardened bikers doing it decades ago.

Now it's just the newest fidget spinner for whiney white manboys that happen to have conservative leanings instead of liberal.

Point at any time where I've been about limiting someone's freedom of speech. Now which group of people is rioting and using violence to forcibly limit the speech of others. What is the political religion of that group, what great cause are the supposedly fighting and who's organizing them.

My beef, if it could be called that, is leftists in general, specifically here on this site, are hypocrites in the extreme. Rules only apply to the "others". I will continue satirizing and calling them out on it because highlighting their ideologically driven fanaticism is the best long term remedy for it.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 12:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody sounds down right fanatical about imaginary boogie men.
By fonewear 2017-11-03 12:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I could boycott Starbucks cause the owner is a crazy liberal...but they make coffee I like. The politics of business owners isn't that damn important to me.
They make acceptable coffee at best. The only good thing about Starbucks is when I am in Seattle and my dog wakes me up at 5:30 AM, they are open, serving, and 3 blocks from where I stay.

Speaking of Seattle, Pagliacci Pizza beats any national pizza chain hands down.

Yea I"m not going 3,000 miles for Pizza.
By fonewear 2017-11-03 12:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They make acceptable coffee at best.

They make overburnt sludge so that when people order 3 different syrups, a cup of almond milk, and double whip cream there's still a vestige of coffee flavor left.

I put milk in my coffee so I can't taste the burnt flavor !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 12:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Point at any time where I've been about limiting someone's freedom of speech.

Using the figurative you. Not "you Saev directly."

Pretty sure I've never seen you spout any Nazi (or PETA) dogma, either.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-03 12:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

People are always telling me about some super amazing burger or pizza joint or whatever. After trying it, my reaction is generally, "Yep, that sure does taste like burger/pizza/whatever." I'm pretty sure we can classify "hype" as a new flavor category.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-11-03 12:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"Satirizing" is not the same as "completely making things up".
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 12:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

It could be, depending on what exactly you're satirizing.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 13:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

People are always telling me about some super amazing burger or pizza joint or whatever. After trying it, my reaction is generally, "Yep, that sure does taste like burger/pizza/whatever." I'm pretty sure we can classify "hype" as a new flavor category.

I have had exactly one thing I will tell someone about like that. Everything else is subjective.

Pgh City Paper does an annual poll and I'm always appalled at the things that people vote as "best in the city."

For instance, if you're familiar with Pittsburgh. Burgatory is good stuff, but there's no way in hell it's the best in the city. Anything that's mass produced by line cooks is not going to be best in city.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-11-03 13:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it you don't watch late night talk shows.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-03 13:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And you won't. I've always supported maximum freedom of expression without fear of persecution. Persecution is another group using violent and coercive measures to restrict someone's freedom of expression. Social shaming, DOXing, prejudicial employment preferences and other aggressive methods are examples of coercion.

Here we go

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22939/exclusive-dnc-official-discriminates-against-elliott-hamilton#

https://www.snopes.com/2017/11/02/dnc-white-males/

https://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/cisgender-straight-white-males-need-not-apply.html

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is hiring new IT people. That's normal and probably good, given their computer problems over the past while. However, Madeleine Leader, the Democratic National Committee Data Services Manager, added a very illegal request to her inhouse email:

I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, since they're already in the majority.
The term "cisgender," which is becoming more widely used, means a person's gender identity corresponds to his or her assigned sex at birth. I reached out to the DNC to ask for a response and have not heard back. I attempted to contact Ms. Leader directly, but her LinkedIn page has been taken down. (I cannot verify why or when it was taken down.)

And because non-liberal sources are bad, here is the the screenshot of the specific email.

That ***is *** reprehensible. Just replace the words "white males" with "black females" and see how that sounds. or "cisgendered" with "transsexual / homosexual".

Only in Solviet American would blatant prejudice an bigotry be called "Diversity". Now wee if any of the usual suspects condemn this commonly accepted practice within the Democratic party. And it's obvious it's commonly accepted because of how candidly the sender mentions it.
By Nausi 2017-11-03 13:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I still fail to see how that's any different from using sports, movies, retail, food, or any of the bajillion other businesses that are the platform for politically motivated soapboxes. It sounds like you're just mad that it's not a liberal soapbox.

Liberals are the only ones allowed to speak their opinions. Only their opinions shall be heard and anyone disagreeing or speaking different opinions should be shamed and silenced.

Sounds like some pretty dark communist countries right there.

That is one crazy postmodern fantasy you've got going there. The liberal obsession with cultural marxism aka no set of beliefs is objectively wrong (only subjectively) by its very definition a cancer on western values and culture. You believe youre being edgy by pointing out some skewed perspective of hypocrisy, but really you’re just cowardly backing yourself into a corner where you don’t have to pick a side.

“Safe spaces” have nothing to do with right leaning people defending their beliefs.
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 13:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that isn't satire. That's a graveyard and it's where comedy goes to die.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-03 13:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't watch Jimmy Fallon if he was doing a talk show in my back yard.
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 13:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd watch as the cops dragged him and his posse out for filming on my property without my permission. Mother *** tramples my firepit and there will be hell to pay.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-03 13:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you take out the dumb celebrity interview the monologue the skits. What do you left ? Some schmuck yucking it up for people in front of an applause sign.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-03 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Conservatives are the only ones allowed to feign victim hood on the internet while insulting their counterparts in the same breath.

we are!?

why didn't you tell me about this sooner!? ...all this time...it was like I was locked in a prison of torment you hairlipped son of a ***!!!...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-03 13:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a victim...damn where are the crying mothers to back me up !
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-11-03 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah...there is just something about that guy makes me want to punch him until my arms get tired....

don't know what it is exactly.... which probably means he is canadian
[+]
By fonewear 2017-11-03 13:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

yeah...there is just something about that guy makes me want to punch him until my arms get tired....

don't know what it is exactly.... which probably means he is canadian
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-11-03 13:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And you won't. I've always supported maximum freedom of expression without fear of persecution. Persecution is another group using violent and coercive measures to restrict someone's freedom of expression. Social shaming, DOXing, prejudicial employment preferences and other aggressive methods are examples of coercion.

Here we go

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22939/exclusive-dnc-official-discriminates-against-elliott-hamilton#

https://www.snopes.com/2017/11/02/dnc-white-males/

https://www.inc.com/suzanne-lucas/cisgender-straight-white-males-need-not-apply.html

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee is hiring new IT people. That's normal and probably good, given their computer problems over the past while. However, Madeleine Leader, the Democratic National Committee Data Services Manager, added a very illegal request to her inhouse email:

I personally would prefer that you not forward to cisgender straight white males, since they're already in the majority.
The term "cisgender," which is becoming more widely used, means a person's gender identity corresponds to his or her assigned sex at birth. I reached out to the DNC to ask for a response and have not heard back. I attempted to contact Ms. Leader directly, but her LinkedIn page has been taken down. (I cannot verify why or when it was taken down.)

And because non-liberal sources are bad, here is the the screenshot of the specific email.

That ***is *** reprehensible. Just replace the words "white males" with "black females" and see how that sounds. or "cisgendered" with "transsexual / homosexual".

Only in Solviet American would blatant prejudice an bigotry be called "Diversity". Now wee if any of the usual suspects condemn this commonly accepted practice within the Democratic party. And it's obvious it's commonly accepted because of how candidly the sender mentions it.

We all know you feel like you’re persecuted for being a straight white man. That on the surface the email aligns with the sentiments that fuel the, “It’s ok to be white” campaign you're attempting to advocate.

I’m sure everyone fells racial hiring quotas are lame and shouldn’t exist in today’s society. Heck the email can even be considered offensive to non straight white males. After all it is indirectly stating the core IT team is white, straight and male and this is desire to have token diverse representation.

I’m sure they’ll sort it out with a token resignation, here shortly.

Maybe just take a deep breath. Eat a Snickers. Smoke some weed. Pop a Xanax. After all it is Friday and you got nothing better to do but rant on this obscure forum. It’s not like you were going to apply to be new hire at the DNC anyway.
By Ramyrez 2017-11-03 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
That is one crazy postmodern fantasy you've got going there. The liberal obsession with cultural marxism aka no set of beliefs is objectively wrong (only subjectively) by its very definition a cancer on western values and culture. You believe youre being edgy by pointing out some skewed perspective of hypocrisy, but really you’re just cowardly backing yourself into a corner where you don’t have to pick a side.

You won't get my goat, troll!
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 111 112 113