Random Politics & Religion #14

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #14
Random Politics & Religion #14
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 14:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
What's the point?
It looks bad on Obama, that's the point.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 14:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Would then he be guilty of treason, or is he already guilty of it now?

Trump seems like the kind of guy that, as president, is going to commit treason by pure accident.

Like, he's gonna wake up, stroll into the Oval Office in his silk boxers and dress socks still on from the night before and call up Vladimir to talk about their next golf game except he'll forget it's a video phone and he's got the laptop with top secret info open right behind him.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-10 14:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ramy: Neither was Cruz.

I mostly wanted to post a too-large funny picture of Teddy.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-11-10 15:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
He wasn't an American first when he (and equally, the congress he was fighting) let the government shut down. He was a Democrat with an agenda.
Of all the things you go with that?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-10 15:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point? This is all standard political posturing. Nobody is saying what they truly think at this point. There is no politically correct option except to be a gracious winner/loser. This "give him a chance" rhetoric surely wasn't there when Obama and Clinton were reaming him less than a week ago.
Glad you asked instead of jumping to conclusions like some do since there was miscommunication.

The point is that in the specific case there were direct remarks about the person, and now too but opposite in nature.
Brobama and Cliton made personal attacks too, but they didn't say they think Trump is great now. Obama tried to tone it down with all the let's try diplomatic thing while Clinton was a bit passive-aggressive(or maybe only I thought that).

So my point was specifically about saying a person is horrible and then that they're great.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 15:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Example not needed, the truthfulness of that made me burst out laughing.

Trump, the man, may be very different but Trump, the character, certainly would.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-11-10 15:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

tfw my shits are more valuable than the Media's words.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"We have to remember that we're actually all on one team…We’re not Democrats first, we're not Republicans first, we are Americans first. We're patriots first. We all want what’s best for this country."
- President Obama, November 9, 2016

Yeah, you should have thought of that, you know, 8 years ago.

I hate hyperbole like this. While this applies to a lot of Americans (more likely, the ones that didn't vote, in this case), no politician believes patriotism comes before political agenda.

Obama puts on a good show, but that was definitely a miss.

He wasn't an American first when he (and equally, the congress he was fighting) let the government shut down. He was a Democrat with an agenda.
So basically you believe no politician puts America first?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 15:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I gotta say, though, in spite of what I've already said about this false posturing, the words of Trump, Clinton, and Obama have all been far kinder and far more diplomatic than what I expected. I doubt it will last, but it's a nice change after everything we've been through this past year.

It just sucks that this is running concurrent with nationwide protests....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?
Gracefully tries to pass the torch and still can't do anything right in the eyes of republicans lol... that whole speech he gave focused on passing the torch amicably regardless of political ideologies just as bush jr.'s administration did when the torch passed back in 08... picking on little stuff like this just makes you guys look petty...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
tfw my shits are more valuable than the Media's words.
I somehow doubt that very much lol...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 15:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
What's the point?
Gracefully tries to pass the torch and still can't do anything right in the eyes of republicans lol... that whole speech he gave focused on passing the torch amicably regardless of political ideologies just as bush jr.'s administration did when the torch passed back in 08... picking on little stuff like this just makes you guys look petty...
Raise your hand if you see the irony of this quoted post and the bolded part.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 15:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?

It was only brought up because Trump said something nice and he got railed on for it. Who's nitpicking now?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?
Which just means you have nothing to reply to that with other than to take a shot at me... not unexpected but pretty weak lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?

It was only brought up because Trump said something nice and he got railed on for it. Who's nitpicking now?
So what then? You're just as bad as them? Good for you?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 15:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?

Translation:
"You're right, but I don't want to say it outright without taking a shot at you. Also, please don't notice that I'm trying to deflect and appear above the fray."
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-11-10 15:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey man, the fray is itchy and it's the first part that's come unraveled.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 15:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?
Which just means you have nothing to reply to that with other than to take a shot at me... not unexpected but pretty weak lol...
You don't exactly have a point for me to counter. You are doing your weak-*** partisan crap like usual. Let's see if we can come to the full Flavin circle by you claiming you aren't a democrat, even though you say things like "still can't do anything right in the eyes of republicans....makes you guys", etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?

Translation:
"You're right, but I don't want to say it outright without taking a shot at you. Also, please don't notice that I'm trying to deflect and appear above the fray."
If that's your translation then you might not speak the English language... the only one seemingly trying to make themselves out to appear above anything might be you as you sit there attacking obama for no real reason then blame it on other people for you even bringing it up in the first place... you do have a way of blaming others for your own actions though...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 15:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Hey man, the fray is itchy and it's the first part that's come unraveled.
There's a cream for that.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav, don't bother to respond to him anymore, he is looking to get somebody banned today.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 15:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you do have a way of blaming others for your own actions though...

You have a heck of a way of projecting your own character faults on me. Position your computer monitor so it's not near a mirror.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point?
You don't exactly have a point for me to counter. You are doing your weak-*** partisan crap like usual. Let's see if we can come to the full Flavin circle by you claiming you aren't a democrat, even though you say things like "still can't do anything right in the eyes of republicans....makes you guys", etc.
When have I ever claimed I'm not a democrat? The only thing I've said is that I refused to vote for Hillary or trump for that matter...

Me commenting that obama still can't do anything right in the eyes of republicans doesn't necassarily make me someone a democrat either... good stuff though..
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

While this applies to a lot of Americans (more likely, the ones that didn't vote, in this case), no politician believes patriotism comes before political agenda.

Yes, I believe no politician will put the well-being of the country before their political ideals and the two quite clearly don't have to overlap, even in the most delusional mind.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-10 15:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rav, don't bother to respond to him anymore, he is looking to get somebody banned today.

It's a plan that often backfires, but you're right. I'd rather only have discussions with people who don't make every... single... issue into a personal attack.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-10 15:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How long do you think it will take before trump puts the trademark TRUMP on the whitehouse?

What billionaire doesn't want to put their name on everything...you got zuckerface and Amazonface all the faces !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-11-10 15:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

you do have a way of blaming others for your own actions though...

You have a heck of a way of projecting your own character faults on me. Position your computer monitor so it's not near a mirror.
I have many character faults and I don't need to project them onto someone like you lol... keep trying to blame me though...
By fonewear 2016-11-10 15:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole point of being a billionaire is so you can watch a monkey knife fight !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-11-10 15:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How long do you think it will take before trump puts the trademark TRUMP on the whitehouse?

It'll take him a while, manufacturing and all, cuz it's gonna be 'ugggge.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-10 15:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

While this applies to a lot of Americans (more likely, the ones that didn't vote, in this case), no politician believes patriotism comes before political agenda.

Yes, I believe no politician will put the well-being of the country before their political ideals and the two quite clearly don't have to overlap, even in the most delusional mind.
That's what is so wonderful about Trump: he's no politician.

At least, not at the moment.

Once the power seeps in, however.....
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 99 100 101