Random Politics & Religion #06

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 34 35 36
By Ackeron 2016-06-14 22:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
JESUS!

Is that John Cena with hair talking to a snake?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-14 22:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its that "rattlesnake doctor" that believed God would cure him from rattlesnake venom. 6 feet deep.
By Ackeron 2016-06-14 23:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

He should have had more trumpets then.

Do, do do, doooooooooooooo!

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-14 23:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I think its that "rattlesnake doctor" that believed God would cure him from rattlesnake venom. 6 feet deep.
which deity was he following? hmmm

One that doesn't heal people who commit suicide in an attempt to solicit publicly visible miracles.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-14 23:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

One that doesn't heal people who commit suicide in an attempt to solicit publicly visible miracles.
no worries if you don't know, I can just google it later.

Sorry, I thought you were being facetious. The rattlesnake guy was Jamie Coots, a Pentecostal preacher. From what I can find the picture is not of him, though. Apparently snake-handling is the cool thing to do for preachers in some circles.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 23:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

no worries if you don't know, I can just google it later.

Sorry, I thought you were being facetious. The rattlesnake guy was Jamie Coots, a Pentecostal preacher. From what I can find the picture is not of him, though. Apparently snake-handling is the cool thing to do for preachers in some circles.

Snake-handling Tennessee preacher vows to defy law

The 22-year-old preacher is facing up to a year in prison after being charged with illegally possessing 53 venomous snakes seized from his church by Tennessee wildlife agency officers earlier this month.

Yet the charismatic young pastor, part of a century-old Pentecostal tradition in the region that takes literally an instruction in the Gospel of Mark that "they shall take up serpents", remains piously defiant.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-15 04:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Going back to guns.

While I think that a ban on guns and repealing the 2nd Amendment is utterly stupid I do think that the issue lays with the availability and cost of mental healthcare. The recurring theme I've noticed with mass shootings is that the shooters were not getting, for whatever reason, mental healthcare attention when they were clearly unstable. In this most recent case the shooter's ex-wife said that he was very disturbed and violent. He was also on the FBI watch list too, so how the *** was he able to walk into a store and legally buy assault rifles and all the ammo he would need? That should have INSTANTLY been a HUGE red flag.

Despite having said that, banning guns is an unrealistic pipe-dream because it will result in a booming black market too meet demand that will put the prohibition to shame. All the US can do now is address the issue that mental healthcare is brick-walled off to many. That won't outright solve the issue but there is no real way to win this battle decisively. Gun control is America's 'Kobayashi Maru'.

I have no issues with the 2nd amendment.

My issue is with the established government that pretends to follow the Constitution.

All the while trampling on the citizens Constitutional rights to restrict the citizens rights claiming IT'S the only way to protect them.

The reality is no amount of government can garrentee your safety.

If we Had a government that followed the Constitution as our founders created this would be no issue. As every citizen had the freedom of choice to arm themselves for protection.

No offense to Law enforcement but reaction response timing to emergency calls estimating 10 to 30 minutes to a situation like what happened in Orlando does not garrentee citizens safety to any amount of butchery or crime that can happen.

If I was in President Obama's place instead of advocating the restriction on the peoples Constitutional rights I would call for the people to Arm themselves and embrace their Constitutional rights to protect their families. I would make it my purpose to educate and inform the people. For a well informed citizenry about their Rights is a more responsible citizenry that not only keeps the Nation safer and secure but also keeps their Government honest and in check.

This would be a clear message to those who come to our nation who take advantage of our freedoms with the intent to restrict our freedoms in anyway that they can.

Next time it won't be so easy,

We The People of the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America will show the world we do not cower in fear. Freedom is not free there is always a price we must solemnly take for it.

My thoughts and prayers to the families of Orlando we stand with you United as one nation your loss will not be forgotten.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-15 06:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a sensible official who is a helluva lot better than what we have representing us in Washington D.C.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-15 09:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Josiahkf said: »

Mother of 11 ... wow
My fave NBA player is one of like 15-18 kids.

Pretty damn mind boggling.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-15 09:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
I have a day job, so I definitely didn't put in as much time as a professional journalist. Although, they don't seem to be putting in much time these days either.

And that, my friend, is the rub.

The "information" you "dug up" and are so fervently defending, couldn't be counted on to pass muster as a festering puddle of rancid HOG DROOL.

For all you know trump is planning to take over the world and crush it under his designer shoes... You don't know. You haven't bothered to check it out. And yet here you are PRETENDING you know something.

If an idiot relies on a moron for all his "information" then which one of them is truly stupid... bordering on HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

You may as well ask me for my opinion and use that as your "facts".... or let a chicken pick the winner by which candidate's picture it poops on.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-15 10:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
If we Had a government that followed the Constitution as our founders created this would be no issue....
The constitution as our founders created ...

Only free males who owned property could vote.

Senators were not directly elected.

Chattel and debt slavery were permitted.

You really want to live like that?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-15 10:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I do wonder how the abject worship of the Founders would seem to them in their day. A day where the US government was setup specifically to keep insidious religious elements out of day-to-day business.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-15 10:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

JESUS!

"And then I told her my *** was this huge....my prowess in bed could not be denied."
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-15 11:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I just watched a video, granted it was on facebook, where a house rep of some sort was trying to get someone to talk about the status of legislation on gun control and they straight up cut his mic off. Like... wut.

If I were one of these guys, that would be the moment I reach behind me and pull out my emergency NUH-UH NO U DI-INT 2000X Megaphone and proceed to ask my mother fudgin question.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-15 14:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like the guy in this video is every person I talk to who is opposed to gun control.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-15 16:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting the impression that the Dems and media hate the GOP more than they do the terrorists?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-15 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-15 16:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

well, some gop politicians support plans that would cause more harm to the country than "the terrorists" ever could...
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-15 16:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

well, some gop politicians support plans that would cause more harm to the country than "the terrorists" ever could...

You mean like skyrocketing healthcare costs?

...Crap, sorry, wrong side of the aisle.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-15 16:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean like letting pervs into the women's room and men play on women's sports teams?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-15 16:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

health care costs have been spiraling out of control for decades, but valid point. btw, i'm a republican. both parties suck. republicans have just been worse the last few years.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-15 16:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

You mean like letting pervs into the women's room and men play on women's sports teams?

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-15 18:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

health care costs have been spiraling out of control for decades, but valid point. btw, i'm a republican. both parties suck. republicans have just been worse the last few years.

The parties tend to ebb and flow with the level of bullcrap coming out of them. The Republican establishment has been particularly abysmal, which makes me particularly annoyed that the Democrats didn't take the opportunity to, you know, actually field a decent candidate when they had an easy path.

Instead they've gone full throttle, making themselves look petty and juvenile as they foam at the mouth and feed the Trump machine, partly because they can't manage to say anything good about their own candidate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 34 35 36