Random Politics & Religion #06

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-06-14 13:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
*snip*

I also enjoy wasting time.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-14 13:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
But seriously? Guns in bars? clubs? nightclubs? lounges? *** outta here. Why don't we just muh freedoms drunk driving while we're at it.
It is legal in a lot of states currently. ALEC is pushing guns everywhere including in bars legislation lately.

Just what I want in a club where liquor flows like the gentle streams of the Sierra Nevada: People armed with concealed weapons.

Nothing could possibly go wrong.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
*snip*

It's like going to the strip club with no singles and a blindfold on.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 13:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

*snip*

You haven't paid attention to a single thing I've said, ever. Because you haven't seen me advocate gun control once and you're treating me like I am.

Bravo.

Clubs are not public areas, and the carrying of firearms on them may be regulated -- constitutionally, none the less -- by the proprietor.

But you'll never see me advocate for the curtailment of concealed/open carry permits where permitted by law and common sense (that is, sorry. If you're going to meet the president you've gotta check your piece, etc.)

Your anger is seriously worrisome for someone who carries a gun.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 13:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
*snip*

I know when I visit the titty bar it's for the Tuesday deal on mozzarella sticks. Nothing like tipping the dancers with greasy, garlic scented hands.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

*snip*

i'm not even a big anti-gun person, but your argument is horrible. no one for stronger gun control is worried about people with strong gun control and mental stability. it's the open access that crazy and dangerous people have.

also, you never know the consequences of you going all vigilante in public. you might be trained with your pistol, but in active shooter situation i doubt you'll be shooting with 100% accuracy. your missed shot can ricochet into someone. point and case, drive-by's where stray bullets kill someone, and when cops shoot and bystanders are injured or killed.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 13:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Addendum: I'm actually not 100% sure on regulation in private grounds when it comes to concealed carry, now that I think about it. I know they can regulate open carry.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 13:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

my grammar was horrible there. my apologies, i'm still half asleep.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
my grammar was horrible there. my apologies, i'm still half asleep.

Grammar is not a *** game, Hevans.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 13:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Addendum: I'm actually not 100% sure on regulation in private grounds when it comes to concealed carry, now that I think about it. I know they can regulate open carry.

Privately owned businesses can absolutely bar entrance of people carrying firearms, even if they are concealed legally. Some municipalities even criminalize violating rules like that.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Privately owned businesses can absolutely bar entrance of people carrying firearms, even if they are concealed legally. Some municipalities even criminalize violating rules like that.

Okay.

I thought so, but like I said. Wasn't 100% sure, as I can see a bit of overlap in thought processes there where it really could go either way depending on the various types of places/procedures.

Bottom line is it would need to be something s/he who carries educates themselves on and if they breach that protocol, it'd be on them. That's part of the responsibility.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 13:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

A chocobo on the internet has Slore frothing at the mouth. And he wants me to believe that he's my guy to protect me against an active shooter. Calm and collected. Precise and trained.

Ok
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-14 13:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile while everyone cries about their Second Amendment rights being looked at funny -- yet never actually threatened, Trump is busy pissing all over the First.

Blatantly lie about trumps position and get thrown out of a press conference.

What's the problem?
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 13:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Meanwhile while everyone cries about their Second Amendment rights being looked at funny -- yet never actually threatened, Trump is busy pissing all over the First.

Blatantly lie about trumps position and get thrown out of a press conference.

What's the problem?

Except...no.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-14 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Revoking press passes isn't anything new. The current administration has done it on numerous occasions. Trump is just getting a crapload more attention for it (as usual).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 13:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

in all fairness, trump blatantly lies about his own positions.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 13:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to wonder if he even has positions
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 13:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT KILLERY.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-14 13:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

BUT KILLERY.

Oh good, someone else brought it up so I didn't have to.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-14 13:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to wonder if he even has positions
Perhaps missionary....
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 13:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

BUT KILLERY.

That's the rub, though.

Most of Trumps support when you burn away the proud crazies is that he isn't Hillary. Wonderful, he's not Hillary Clinton. Ok.

His policies are still incomplete sentences and his sales pitch boils down to vote for me, I'm not a politician, I'm a businessman. Let's not pretend like Trump has any actual plans when his own GOP guys are only supporting him because they have to. And even that proves to be difficult on a daily basis.

Get on message is being harped over and over for a reason.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-14 13:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

*snip*
I know when I visit the titty bar it's for the Tuesday deal on mozzarella sticks. Nothing like tipping the dancers with greasy, garlic scented hands.
Last time I went to a titty bar it was because I was sewing costumes for the dancers. Another job that got offshored to China.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-14 13:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Johnson 2016.
*distributes the signs*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 13:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A vote for Trump is simply a middle finger to the establishment from upset voters. How ironic that the self-same people who criticize far-left folk as being naive and idealistic harbor the same idealism that Donald Trump who admits over and over he knows ***-all about government is going to usher in a great American renaissance.

Is he going to read from the American President for Dummies book Obama leaves in the desk for him? Is he going to crowdsource ideas to make America great again? Perhaps Twitter is where we'll see our policy plans born. Or Reddit. I heard r/TheDonald is a place of rational discourse on substantive issues.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 13:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
*snip*
Last time I went to a titty bar it was because I was sewing costumes for the dancers. Another job that got offshored to China.

Strippers just don't care about quality these days.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-14 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Reddit. I heard r/TheDonald is a place of rational discourse on substantive issues.
Lmao.
Make this happen!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 13:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i've never been that interested in strip clubs. it's only fun if you go with a chick, and even then it's only kind of fun.

if i want someone to strip and grind on me, i'm taking them to my house. i have better lighting and music anyone. plus, there is sex.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-14 14:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

BUT KILLERY.

That's the rub, though.

Most of Trumps support when you burn away the proud crazies is that he isn't Hillary. Wonderful, he's not Hillary Clinton. Ok.

His policies are still incomplete sentences and his sales pitch boils down to vote for me, I'm not a politician, I'm a businessman. Let's not pretend like Trump has any actual plans when his own GOP guys are only supporting him because they have to. And even that proves to be difficult on a daily basis.

Get on message is being harped over and over for a reason.

I would bet serious money that you get his policy stances only from heavily biased sources that have no interest in fair coverage.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 14:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

A vote for Trump is simply a middle finger to the establishment from upset voters. How ironic that the self-same people who criticize far-left folk as being naive and idealistic harbor the same idealism that Donald Trump who admits over and over he knows ***-all about government is going to usher in a great American renaissance.

Is he going to read from the American President for Dummies book Obama leaves in the desk for him? Is he going to crowdsource ideas to make America great again? Perhaps Twitter is where we'll see our policy plans born. Or Reddit. I heard r/TheDonald is a place of rational discourse on substantive issues.

"Merrick Garland, in this special Supreme Court Edition of the Aprrentice, you... are... FIIIYAAA'D."

*announcer*

"During the break, text your vote to determine who will be the next nominee up for review on, SUPREME. COURT. APPRENTICE!"
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 34 35 36