Random Politics & Religion #06

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-12 16:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ties to the religion of peace, and a registered democrat? I'm shocked I say, shocked. Good thing Obama's out on deflection patrol blaming guns.

Gotta make sure the right narrative is pushed.

Any idea on this guys immigration status?
Nausi: clueless as usual.
Only because he doesn't read up before spouting off.

Oh... wait... that's not the only reason.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-12 16:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not the time to talk about Nausi's control.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-12 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Orlando Shooter's Father: Gay Kiss Angered Him
'This had nothing to do with religion,' says Omar Mateen's father

Quote:
(Newser) – Mere hours after the deadliest mass shooting in modern American history, the father of the man accused of killing at least 50 at the Pulse Orlando gay club says he was unaware of what his son was plotting—and that 29-year-old Omar Mateen might have been motivated by seeing two men kiss months earlier. "We were in Downtown Miami ... And he saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid and he got very angry," Mir Seddique tells NBC News. "They were kissing each other and touching each other and he said, 'Look at that. In front of my son they are doing that.' And then we were in the men's bathroom and men were kissing each other."

As such, Seddique says Mateen was motivated by homophobia and "this had nothing to do with religion." He continues: "We are apologizing for the whole incident. We weren't aware of any action he is taking. We are in shock like the whole country."
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-12 16:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'd like to see a tragedy not get used as a pedestal for political rhetoric while the bodies are still warm, but that's just me.
Ties to the religion of peace, and a registered democrat? I'm shocked I say, shocked. Good thing Obama's out on deflection patrol blaming guns.

Hmmm, seems personal.

And I'm somewhat sick of seeing him get away with it.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-12 17:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:
Seddique says Mateen was motivated by homophobia and "this had nothing to do with religion."

[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-12 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:
Seddique says Mateen was motivated by homophobia and "this had nothing to do with religion."

Bull.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Riveting commentary.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-06-12 17:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see a tragedy not get used as a pedestal for political rhetoric while the bodies are still warm, but that's just me.

Hmmm, seems personal.

And I'm somewhat sick of seeing him get away with it.

He didn't, as he's been topicbanned.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
I wasn't going to type out every mainstream news station when they're all identical ***stains. I just happen to, subjectively, find FOX to be the worst of the bunch.

Quit putting words in peoples mouths so you have something to harp on about.
Then condemn the group instead of the one you disagree with the most.

It's not hard to type "mainstream media" now, is it?

Quit harping on one character when the whole bunch is rotten. It makes you sound biased as hell, which..frankly, you are.

In some cases, you are worse than Nausi.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-06-12 17:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Being only 2 hours away, I have many friends in Orlando. Still waiting to hear from some of them.

I went and donated blood today. I'm happy to see that the place was full. I had to wait about 3hrs to donate and was there maybe 4hrs overall.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 17:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering I said it was my subjective opinion? You bet your *** I'm biased.

And I really, really doubt that. That a really impressive bar to jump, and I'm not that good at ***posting.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I could donate blood.

One of the things about having surgery is that I can't donate for 18 months.

And I'm expected to continue to have surgery for another 2 years...possibly longer -.-

At least I made it to the 5 gallon club prior. Been donating a pint of blood every quarter for the past 10+ years up until last October.
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-06-12 17:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahem. I realize today's got an almost perfect storm of hot button topics, but it's entirely possible to go about this in a way that doesn't devolve into petty bickering.

Rise above, people. There's real policy discussions to be had here.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering I said it was my subjective opinion? You bet your *** I'm biased.

And I really, really doubt that. That a really impressive bar to jump, and I'm not that good at ***posting.
If your definition of "***posting" is being passionate at what you believe in, then we are all ***posters here.

Stop believing that you are holier than thou....you are just as passionate as Nausi in your opinions.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Drama Torama said: »
Ahem. I realize today's got an almost perfect storm of hot button topics, but it's entirely possible to go about this in a way that doesn't devolve into petty bickering.

Rise above, people. There's real policy discussions to be had here.
I think we can all agree that idiots will be idiots.

It wasn't a racist, homophobic, Islamic, nor democrat who shot up those people. It was an idiot plain and simple.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 17:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When you go to a place for gays to meet up for the explicit reason of killing as many of said gays as you possibly can, being homophobic plays a HUGE part.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When you go to a place for gays to meet up for the explicit reason of killing as many of said gays as you possibly can, being homophobic plays a HUGE part.
Are you saying that all homophobic are going to shoot up a gay night club?

Not all homophobic people are killers.....
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-12 17:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not at all what he said
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 17:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, putting words in my mouth.

What I will say though; all homophobes are pretty shitty people.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 17:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If he want's to make homophobia a huge part of this particular case, then we can also add lack of gun control, the killer being Islamic, and that he is a registered democrat as well.

Should we start rounding up all gun-owning Islamic homophobic democrats?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-12 17:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember guys if you mention his religion then your an ignorant bigoted xenophobic racist shitbag.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 17:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The ease of obtaining weapons does, in fact, play a part in the obscene number of shootings that occur in America compared to other first world countries.

I don't see what being a democrat has to do with the desire to shoot gays specifically, but okay.

I don't see what being Islamic has to do with the desire to specifically shoot gays, but okay.

I do, however, see how a guy who hates gays enough that he wants to murder them, might go to a gay bar and shoot it up.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-12 18:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what being Islamic has to do with the desire to specifically shoot gays, but okay.

Really?

Cmon, do you have any idea how they practice Islam in the middle east? The stone gay people over there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-12 18:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what being a democrat has to do with the desire to shoot gays specifically, but okay.

The democrat thing is just cake icing. The media would be all over the party affiliation if the guy had gone to a "tea party" rally or was a republican. I bet it's hardly mentioned across the national coverage of it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-12 18:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I learned on these boards that shooting people based on the fact that they're gay is not homophobic.
But Hillary Clinton is totally anti-gay.

Ok.

The thing that really annoys me is the double standard used, particularly by very christian individuals.
When a christian beats the ***out of a gay person and kills them "it's not indicative of the whole!"
That's fine, but then why is it for a muslim?

Either both are intolerant bigot demographics or in both cases individuals don't make up the whole. Chose one and stick to it, but stop using this double standard that lacks all logic.

And no, I'm not someone who likes islam. I despise it. But that doesn't mean that it needs to be treated with a different measure than any other intolerant catholic.

Oh and inb4: this is a tangent. Because it's a type of conversation that's happened in the past(with those accusations and comebacks) and since it's resurfacing I wanted to point out this thought.
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-12 18:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Islamophobia implies an irrational fear of Islam.

Fearing Islam in it's current state is not irrational. It is a dangerous ideology that has yet to undergo it's reformation and as such it brings medieval concepts into the modern world. It is dangerous but I do think it's reformation is coming and it will be all the better for it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 18:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The ease of obtaining weapons does, in fact, play a part in the obscene number of shootings that occur in America compared to other first world countries.
So? Are you saying if we completely restrict guns in America, that will completely stop killings by guns?

Talk to Chicago before you say that first.

It doesn't. See below.

It doesn't. See below.

I do, however, see how a guy who hates gays enough that he wants to murder them, might go to a gay bar and shoot it up.
Same thing can be said about that gay ex-employee who shot and killed that reporter and her cameraman live on the air that one time. Should we condemn all gays because of that?

Just because a person is homophobic doesn't mean that they are going to shoot humans. Remember, a gay/lesbian/transgender/whatever the other alphabet soup people are all humans, like (hopefully) you and me.

Gay people are gay because, well, that's their choice. But guess what, they are human too. And nothing gives anyone the right to kill a human (except for self defense, but even then, there are extreme cases for that).

Stop condemning a group of people you disagree with because one member who is a complete *** and a complete idiot decided to kill others because of his beliefs. Just like you shouldn't condemn Muslims because a group of idiots decide to blow themselves up and killing a bunch of innocent people for their beliefs.

Because if you condemn a group, another person will condemn you if a member of your group happened to kill off a bunch of people for a cause you side with. And the cycle will never end.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 18:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All homophobes are *** and idiots. All of them. And I will condemn them for that.

I'm condemning this particular man for murder that was triggered by mental instability with a heap of homophobia on top. Please, point out specifically where I said all homophobes are murderous ***.

Again, stop putting words in my mouth.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-12 18:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Just remember guys if you mention his religion then your an ignorant bigoted xenophobic racist shitbag.

If it's not relevant to his motivations, then yes, you are. It's too early to say in this case.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 18:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

All homophobes are *** and idiots. All of them. And I will condemn them for that.
And that statement is what makes you just as bad, if not worse, than Nausi.

No reasoning, no discussion on your part, it's "everyone who's not on my side are *** and idiots. All of them. And I will condemn them for not being on my side."

Please continue. And I hope that your anger will never be directed towards people like that guy did last night at a gay nightclub.

Because you probably just sound just like him right now.

I'm condemning this particular man for murder that was triggered by mental instability with a heap of homophobia on top. Please, point out specifically where I said all homophobes are murderous ***.
I'm not saying that. You are condemning a group of people just because your intense hatred with their beliefs counter yours.

And those are your own words. See the quote above.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36