Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 640 641 642 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-08 14:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
People who don't have children this still affects you. Who is going to work for you, buy your goods/services, sell you goods/services, help increase your quality of life as you age (scientific, medical, technological breakthroughs) if the generations growing up behind you fall behind or cannot get work because they don't have the qualifications?

Robots built by China?
Robots are making scientific breakthroughs?
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-08 14:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't worry someone has to supervisor the robots. There will still be jobs in the future !

Those jobs will be done by the customer service folks in Pakistan.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 14:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The "smarter" people will give us lowly average Americans something to do. Don't worry your pretty little head !
By fonewear 2015-06-08 14:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People who don't have children this still affects you. Who is going to work for you, buy your goods/services, sell you goods/services, help increase your quality of life as you age (scientific, medical, technological breakthroughs) if the generations growing up behind you fall behind or cannot get work because they don't have the qualifications?

Robots built by China?

If we program to do so... yes !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The goal is to create AI smarter than the person making the AI...it will be like that movie Spaceballs...or A.I. I don't know I don't like sci fi !
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We have all this artificial intelligence yet I can't find a smart woman...makes you wonder !
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-08 15:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We have all this artificial intelligence yet I can't find a smart woman...makes you wonder !

Not really. Smart women usually avoid places where you'd hang out.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And where pray tell do smart women hang out ?
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-06-08 15:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

not really. anyone with enough brain activity to trigger instinctual behavior is going to be sprinting in the opposite direction from you foney....

try stretching and warm up exercises... you'll catch up to someone some day
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I like a woman that plays hard to get so maybe them running away from me is a turn on !
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-06-08 15:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

And where pray tell do smart women hang out ?

If I knew that, I wouldn't gotten my divorce in '99.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd settle for a woman that pretends to be smart at this point.

So I guess Starbucks...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 15:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jerry Seinfeld Doesn't Play Colleges: "They're So P.C."

Quote:
Jerry Seinfeld would like us to lighten up.

Reason being? We're too P.C. to LOL! Seinfeld acknowledged this societal abundance of political correctness in an interview with ESPN Radio's The Herd with Colin Cowherd, saying he hears from fellow comedians like Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy "all the time" that this is why they no don't do college shows anymore.

"I don't play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, don't go near colleges," he reiterated. "They're so P.C."

It has to do with a generational gap... "I'll give you an example," Seinfeld said. "My daughter's 14. My wife says to her, 'Well, you know, in the next couple of years, I think maybe you're going to want to be hanging around the city more on the weekends, so you can see boys.' And you know what my daughter says? She says, 'That's sexist.'"

Wait, what? "They just want to use these words," Seinfeld reasoned. "'That's racist. That's sexist. That's prejudice.' They don't know what the f--k they're talking about."

Does it hurt comedy? "Yes it does," he told Cowherd. "Yes it does."

There are still some comedians, though, like Louis C.K., who can touch on politically incorrect matters in their sets. As Seinfeld described it, to The Herd, though, "Louis' great gift is he doesn't worry. He just does his thing."

"If I wanted to say something, I would say it," he went on. "Everybody has their hot zone. You got your heat map, and that's the jokes you do," he said. "I talk about the subjects I talk about because for some reason, I can make them funny. The ones I can't make funny, you don't hear."

Now, if anybody starts to take offense at normcore humor, we're gonna have a problem...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm too busy finding things offensive to worry about comedy !
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is good though imagine being a stand up comic surrounded by feminists... it would be a rough night...

It's like the rape joke thing. If you are woman you can tell a rape joke. If you are a man you are automatically a sexist pig !
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-08 15:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Jerry Seinfeld Doesn't Play Colleges: "They're So P.C."

Quote:
Jerry Seinfeld would like us to lighten up.

Reason being? We're too P.C. to LOL! Seinfeld acknowledged this societal abundance of political correctness in an interview with ESPN Radio's The Herd with Colin Cowherd, saying he hears from fellow comedians like Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy "all the time" that this is why they no don't do college shows anymore.

"I don't play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, don't go near colleges," he reiterated. "They're so P.C."

It has to do with a generational gap... "I'll give you an example," Seinfeld said. "My daughter's 14. My wife says to her, 'Well, you know, in the next couple of years, I think maybe you're going to want to be hanging around the city more on the weekends, so you can see boys.' And you know what my daughter says? She says, 'That's sexist.'"

Wait, what? "They just want to use these words," Seinfeld reasoned. "'That's racist. That's sexist. That's prejudice.' They don't know what the f--k they're talking about."

Does it hurt comedy? "Yes it does," he told Cowherd. "Yes it does."

There are still some comedians, though, like Louis C.K., who can touch on politically incorrect matters in their sets. As Seinfeld described it, to The Herd, though, "Louis' great gift is he doesn't worry. He just does his thing."

"If I wanted to say something, I would say it," he went on. "Everybody has their hot zone. You got your heat map, and that's the jokes you do," he said. "I talk about the subjects I talk about because for some reason, I can make them funny. The ones I can't make funny, you don't hear."

Now, if anybody starts to take offense at normcore humor, we're gonna have a problem...
Seinfeld is funny?
Quote:
Well, it IS sexist. What's the point?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-08 15:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually that age is exactly the time you'd expect that behaviour. Cause you wanna affirm your "independency" but have an immature approach about it. I had this same deranged idea of feminism too when I was 15-16.

It's much more worrisome when you see adults being like that though. Then you have a real problem, cause it means they're either morons or never matured.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seinfeld the TV show is funny his stand up comedy is not my cup of tea.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Actually that age is exactly the time you'd expect that behaviour. Cause you wanna affirm your "independency" but have an immature approach about it. I had this same deranged idea of feminism too when I was 15-16.

It's much more worrisome when you see adults being like that though. Then you have a real problem, cause it means they're either morons or never matured.

When his daughter is 30 and hates men maybe she will reconsider her views !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

It's sexist for a mom to assume that a 14-year-old girl is going to want to hang around boys more in the near future?

Something to add to "My list of things that are sexist":
Puberty
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's sexist for a mom to assume that a 14-year-old girl is going to want to hang around boys more in the near future?

Puberty

A hormonal woman...the joke writes itself !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-08 15:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Robots built by China?

In some ways, yes, but not independent of humans, obviously.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 15:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should add:
Assuming that your daughter will want to do things that you did as a child.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-06-08 15:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes?
It's also sexist for someone to assume that a 14-year-old boy is going to want to hand around girls more in the near future.

Given the probabilities involved, it's likely accurate, but it certainly is stereotyping solely based on gender.

*edit* And what in the heck does it have to do with humor, in any event?
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-08 15:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Puberty
Most girls at 14-15 want hang around other girls so if they are straight they can talk about said boys.

Also, I never went into the city to watch boys as a teenager. That sounds like a really boring activity.
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about stereotypes is there is some truth in them !
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-08 15:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes?
It's also sexist for someone to assume that a 14-year-old boy is going to want to hand around girls more in the near future.

Given the probabilities involved, it's likely accurate, but it certainly is stereotyping solely based on gender.

Yeah, because there's no way that a mother of a 14-year-old would have inside knowledge of her daughter's personality and tendencies. It's a pure probability shoot for sure.

-10 respect points.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If I say I hang around 14 year old girls I'm sure Chris Hansen will ask me to have a seat...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-08 15:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, because there's no way that a mother of a 14-year-old would have inside knowledge of her daughter's personality and tendencies. It's a pure probability shoot for sure.

-10 respect points.
No this is completely wrong. Most parents are clueless about their children sexual interests and activities, sometimes for life.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-08 15:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

-10 respect points.
No this is completely wrong. Most parents are clueless about their children sexual interests and activities, sometimes for life.

Citation needed ! (it's been a while)
First Page 2 3 ... 640 641 642 ... 1375 1376 1377