Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-14 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
So now you're going to pretend the point you're making isn't actually the point you are making.
You just want to make a strawman argument, don't you?
What strawman?
The hypocrisy is that you don't believe that the president should attend an event in such short notice, but you have previously applauded him attending the event that was planned in such short notice.
It's literally your argument.
Then what is the point I'm not making? You said that I'm "pretending that the point I'm making isn't the point I'm making." That means that there is some other fictional point that you assume I'm making (hence, your strawman).
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-14 13:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe so, but they are going to try.
That is the essence of debate.

To show or make your opponent (mainly the opposing audience, rather than the opposing debater) believe you to be right.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-14 13:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I'm certain they can both agree this line of thought is not going to produce anything or change each other's opinions.
All Pleebo and Flavin have is semantics. Those two are never productive in any argument. They just like creating them where none existed.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-14 13:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
If you use that logic, P&R is going to close down.

Patchouli & Reefer thread? Damn hippies! That's where the end of the line is for P&R.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-14 13:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What? lol

You're saying it's only about time constraints, but you can't divorce that from the total context surrounding each event. Event A and Event B took place under different circumstances so there's no way to compare.

You try too hard to pull this hypocrisy ***that you never actually think these things out.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-14 13:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm certain they can both agree this line of thought is not going to produce anything or change each other's opinions.
All Pleebo and Flavin have is semantics. Those two are never productive in any argument. They just like creating them where none existed.
Honestly, you can be equally charged with this crime, as can many other posters, myself included.

We'll start with a hot topic, degrade into mudslinging "herp a derp derp, it's them rotten *insert political affiliation here*'s fault!"

And it kind of just peters out after that until the next topic.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-14 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »Asura.Kingnobody said: »Lakshmi.Flavin said: »If he does go then he's bowing to the evil eruopean overlords! Weak either way.Who's argument is that?The argument that would have been there if he had gone.Nobody would have said that, you are just trying to create an argument where none existed.
It can't exist because he didn't go lol... Point being that whatever he did do he would have been criticized for it.
By Enuyasha 2015-01-14 13:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Honestly, you can be equally charged with this crime, as can many other posters, myself included.

We'll start with a hot topic, degrade into mudslinging "herp a derp derp, it's them rotten *insert political affiliation here*'s fault!"

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-14 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

But one has to have the intelligence to know when to stop; I mean it's not like we're children with no self control etc.

The semantics don't bother me personally, they bother me on principle.

Queue the Stealers Wheels. You forgot which section you're in, Josi. :/

EDIT: Enuy went a better direction with it. Kudos!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-01-14 13:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think kingnoobie has the same grasp of hypocrisy that alanis morissette has on irony...

he reminds me of this one kid that never had any patience for puzzles so he just put the pieces where he thought they should go and beat on them with his hand until his hand hurt... and then he cried and flipped the puzzle over.

I not a fan of obama but I am also stark raving bored out of my *** mind that the guy can't take a crap without some *** *** trying to make a federal *** case out of it.

jesushchrist let it go man....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-14 13:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

But one has to have the intelligence to know when to stop; I mean it's not like we're children with no self control etc.

Sometimes pride outweighs intelligence. I see what you are saying, and have come to the conclusion that any further attempt to talk reasonable to Pleebo or Flavin on this matter will just create an unneeded burden on other people.

Because no matter what anyone says, in their eyes those two (individually) are always right. Well, Pleebo thinks that way, Flavin is just a troll.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-14 13:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I think flavin has the same grasp of hypocrisy that alanis morissette has on irony...

he reminds me of this one kid that never had any patience for puzzles so he just put the pieces where he thought they should go and beat on them with his hand until his hand hurt... and then he cried and flipped the puzzle over.

I not a fan of obama but I am also stark raving bored out of my *** mind that the guy can't take a crap without some *** *** trying to make a federal *** case out of it.

jesushchrist let it go man....
ftfy. Flavin is the only one here making a federal case against Obama, not me.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-14 13:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like RAAAAAA-AAAAAAIIIIIIN...
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-01-14 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like RAAAAAA-AAAAAAIIIIIIN...
ON YOUR WEDDING DAY.

Edit: are we not doing this :( Sad day :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-01-14 13:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes pride outweighs intelligence. I see what you are saying, and have come to the conclusion that any further attempt to talk reasonable to Pleebo or Flavin on this matter will just create an unneeded burden on other people.

Because no matter what anyone says, in their eyes those two (individually) are always right. Well, Pleebo thinks that way, Flavin is just a troll.
Sure you aren't talking about yourself?

You literally spend more time trying to character assasinate and tell everyone about how Pleebo or myself or whoever you're on the other side of that day is just stupid or a troll.

You act like you're above reproach too. It's amusing.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-14 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, it wasn't my intention but--A FREEEEEE RIIIIIIIIIIIIDE....
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-01-14 13:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements, like usual.

And as usual, you are failing. There is no hypocrisy.
I know you don't understand that word, so I'll point it out for you:

You think that the president shouldn't go to an event in response to an occurrence, an event that most world leaders were invited to attend, including the president. Your reasoning is that the event was planned in less than 48 hours.

You fail to realize that another event occurred where the president did attend with planning in less than 120 hours (in reality, the event was planned with less than 72 hour notice). This happened in December 2013.

The hypocrisy is that you don't believe that the president should attend an event in such short notice, but you have previously applauded him attending the event that was planned in such short notice.

Did that help you at all, or should I write it in crayons next time?

Lol, invited huh? I know you just made that up but your *** gave you the autolike anyways. You can't back up any claim that Obama stood up an invitation, especially since there was absolutely no reaction outside the US.

5 days is enough time to plan an appearance, less than 36 hours is not. What don't you understand?
By Enuyasha 2015-01-14 13:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

WHEN YOUVE ALREADY PAID!

(Im going to hate myself by the end of this, but its worth it!)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-14 13:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

Sure you aren't talking about yourself?

You literally spend more time trying to character assasinate and tell everyone about how Pleebo or myself or whoever you're on the other side of that day is just stupid or a troll.

You act like you're above reproach too. It's amusing.
Did I say that I was above anything? How come you keep putting words in my mouth?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-01-14 13:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
So now you're going to pretend the point you're making isn't actually the point you are making.
You just want to make a strawman argument, don't you?
Can we just agree that this line of discussion is fruitless and meaningless to continue gents? It's not like you two will learn or discover anything by furthering it right?

If you use that logic, P&R is going to close down.
I wouldn't worry too much. Human stupidity is infinite if I recall.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-14 13:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
WHEN YOUVE ALREADY PAID!

(Im going to hate myself by the end of this, but its worth it!)

It's the good ADVIIII-IIIIIIIIIICE that you just didn't take.....

(Don't worry about it. P&R has been stale. May as well have a sing-along.)

EDIT: At least we're getting a head count of people who remember the mid-nineties.

/shrug
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-14 13:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like, 10,000 spoons, when all you need is a knife.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-01-14 13:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

IT'S MEETING THE MAN OF MY DREAMS...

(I still live in the mid-nineties, Zah. Got Sheryl Crow on pandora. IF IT MAKES YOU HAAAAPPYYYYYYYYY)
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-01-14 13:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

IT'S MEETING THE MAN OF MY DREAMS...

(I still live in the mid-nineties, Zah. Got Sheryl Crow on pandora. IF IT MAKES YOU HAAAAPPYYYYYYYYY)

It's meeting the man of my dreams, and meeting his beautiful wife.

(I guess we're doing this, Pleebarino! It can't be that baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!)
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2015-01-14 13:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not irony, by the way.

HERE I COME TO POOP ON YOUR PARTY!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-01-14 14:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh good, we're back to the intellectual conversations I've come to know and love. P&R Fo-eva.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-01-14 14:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Oh good, we're back to the intellectual conversations I've come to know and love. P&R Fo-eva.
Enuyasha said: »
Bloodrose said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2015-01-14 14:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
EDIT: At least we're getting a head count of people who remember the mid-nineties.

I'm here. I'm not indulging in Canadian whine-rock, but I'm here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 1375 1376 1377