Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1273 1274 1275 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Any one trying to come into the country has to go through the screening process, if they check out then they get let in, but if they are a caliphate supporting terrorist, they don't get in. Nothing needs to change.

Clearly we're doing a great job because that California couple go in no problem. I mean there's no need to even bother scrutinizing a public facebook profile amirite?

The husband came in what, 1984 or something? Got any other examples, maybe one that is actually relevant? Otherwise yes, we are doing a great job of destroying ISIS while taking virtually zero casualties.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news the Pope has weighed in on Trump's wall, essentially saying 'good Christians don't build walls.'

Everyone got that? The guy who lives in a nation (Vatican City) entirely surrounded by a ~50 foot wall has told Trump that walls are bad.

You cannot make this stuff up.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The Pope is correct and there will be no Trump wall. That was easy.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-02-18 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

the republicans are always the bad guys because

You just need to learn to enjoy being the bad guy that's all.... Black never goes out of style!

just kinda start hunching forward and grow out a sinister handlebar mustache... like me!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a robot when I speak with Vic...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In other news the Pope has weighed in on Trump's wall, essentially saying 'good Christians don't build walls.'

Everyone got that? The guy who lives in a nation (Vatican City) entirely surrounded by a ~50 foot wall has told Trump that walls are bad.

So, we've got a "No True Scotsman" paired with obvious hypocrisy. Has the Pope been taking his arguments from internet message boards?
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes zero effort to shoot down your fear mongering nausi. Come back to reality.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 12:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

He wasn't the one who built the walls, that wouldn't make him a hypocrite for not tearing them down. Heck, it may be Italy who wants the walls. Either way, the Vatican lets in thousands of foreigners everyday and the pope being a hypocrite is actually pretty entertaining
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes zero effort to shoot down your fear mongering nausi. Come back to reality.

Case in point.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

He wasn't the one who built the walls, that wouldn't make him a hypocrite for not tearing them down. Heck, it may be Italy who wants the walls. Either way, the Vatican lets in thousands of foreigners everyday and the pope being a hypocrite is actually pretty entertaining

He lives behind them everyday and enjoys the protection they provide. The hypocrisy is blatant. There is no hair to split.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-02-18 12:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Vic, you get that Ebola yet?
By fonewear 2016-02-18 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll show you something to fear:

This is Bernie Sanders first ad campaign:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So the people who built the Vatican weren't good Christians? Heck, even if the U.S. built a wall it would also let in thousands of foreigners every day.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Case in point.

Keep trying nausi. You are afraid of all muslims, you are afraid of child refugees from Honduras, you are afraid of Putin, you are afraid of Kim Jong Un, you are afraid of Iran, you are afraid of aliens, and most of all, you are deathly afraid of EBOLA!!
By fonewear 2016-02-18 12:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We need a wall to keep Taco Bell from entering Mexico...too late !

Source:

Taco Bell has attempted to enter the Mexican market twice. After a highly publicised launch in Mexico City in 1992, all the restaurants were closed two years later. In September 2007, Taco Bell returned to Monterrey, projecting an American image with an Americanized menu that included french fries, but it closed in January 2010 due to low patronage.[74][75][76]

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/06/05/business/company-news-pepsico-opens-a-taco-bell-in-mexico-city.html
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

So the people who built the Vatican weren't good Christians? Heck, even if the U.S. built a wall it would also let in thousands of foreigners every day.

Yeah I mean, I wonder why they built a wall? Maybe its because..the Vatican is located in the middle of a huge city? Naaaaah
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-18 12:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what I was saying. But I'm not going to argue with it, it seems accurate based on what Jesus said about opulence and possessions.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 12:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He lives behind them everyday and enjoys the protection they provide. The hypocrisy is blatant. There is no hair to split.
lol yeah... they definitely keep out all those 16th century invaders.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I mean, I wonder why they built a wall? Maybe its because..the Vatican is located in the middle of a huge city? Naaaaah

Oh, 5 feet of wall would have been enough to declare a boundary. ~50 feet of wall is to keep people out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
lol yeah... they definitely keep out all those 16th century invaders.

You guys are ridiculous. The pope's wall doesn't serve a different purpose simply because he didn't build it.

Again I cannot decipher if you honestly don't get the point, are in intense denial, or indeed are part of the group that makes the koolaid.

Oh, 5 feet of wall would have been enough to declare a boundary. ~50 feet of wall is to keep people out.

What do you think Rav? Drunk on koolaid, or making the koolaid?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you think Rav? Drunk on koolaid, or making the koolaid?

Whichever one is more strongly correlated with cognitive dissonance.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You are trying to connect Trump's fantasy wall with a wall built in the 1500s, for what reason no one knows. There is no point to be made.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

for what reason no one knows

Yeah I mean just think throughout history people built walls all over the world for absolutely unknown reasons. People just felt like building something one day and walls were in fashion so that's what they built.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 12:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This is so *** stupid. The Vatican is basically a livable historical monument. The comparison to anything modern like the U.S.-Mexican border is flat-out HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Can anyone here even comment on how the Vatican walls function currently? Are they keeping them job-stealing rapist Mexicans Romans out?

It's almost satirical how these arguments pop up. That's how patently ridiculous they are.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-02-18 12:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

for what reason no one knows

Yeah I mean just think throughout history people built walls all over the world for absolutely unknown reasons. People just felt like building something one day and walls were in fashion so that's what they built.

Yep, this is relevant to 2016. For sure.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-18 12:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't tell if people who are anti-wall are just anti-wall for the logistical reasons (which is a decent argument) or just flat out like illegal immigration.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-02-18 12:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
This is so *** stupid. The Vatican is basically a livable historical monument. The comparison to anything modern like the U.S.-Mexican border is flat-out HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Can anyone here even comment on how the Vatican walls function currently? Are they keeping them job-stealing rapist Mexicans Romans out?

It's almost satirical how these arguments pop up. That's how patently ridiculous they are.

OOOOOOHHHH okay then. The pope's walls don't count because they're part of history. They're grandfathered in before the cutoff of liberal hypocrisy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-02-18 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Try reading past the second sentence.
First Page 2 3 ... 1273 1274 1275 ... 1375 1376 1377