Random Politics & Religion #00

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 1193 1194 1195 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 14:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And no, I don't have implants, I still have natural breasts.

Meh. I'll gladly discuss it elsewhere if you really want. Also I wasn't trying to imply that you have had any sort of breast augmentation, and if you had it's really not my business. I just meant it was clearly a subject you have strong feelings about for some reason.

Sure if it's applied indiscriminately, but that goes with poor education and simply people who are pathological.

The point is if you have a problem with everyone suddenly having a beard just like you, sure it's a bit annoying to be part of a bandwagon you didn't plan to join, but then maybe you should realize you're also striving for that same desire to be different - which I believe is close to the definition of a hipster, in the non fashion sense.

It's not wanting to be different. It's not wanting to be associated with hipsters. I really think you just haven't dealt with enough American hipsters in person to understand precisely how insufferable some of them can be at times. We're talking about a group of people with whom I tend to have a lot in common and even I can't stand them.

Cthulhu knows how someone like Nik manages not to shoot them on sight.
By Artemicion 2016-01-06 14:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
And then there's a couple of posts about e-cigs..there's a lot of lack of information around those, a lot of people got into them thinking they are innocuous compared to real cigs. While you can also make a point they're also used for elegance as they certainly look better, there's little reason to call it worse than non electronic smokers.

Also, again, it's not so much the act of vaping -- it can be a good way to cut back on actual smoking en route to quitting entirely, and yeah...I actually have a strange fascination with little electronic devices and have been tempted to try it myself just because I think they're neat -- it's more about the attitude and actions of a lot of people who do it.

Seems silly to not enjoy something just because the user/fan base are a bunch of outspoken tools. I felt that way about Kingdom Hearts many years ago, but by no means does that diminish how great of a game it is.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 14:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember carnival being a big thing in Germany.

In Bavaria/Bayern, yes.
By Ramyrez 2016-01-06 14:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Seems silly to not enjoy something just because the user/fan base are a bunch of outspoken tools. I felt that way about Kingdom Hearts many years ago, but by no means does that diminish how great of a game it is.

Well that's sort of where the "joke" part of what I said, at least, comes in.

Meh.

Edit: Ah, I see you may be referring to my comment about being interested in it myself. I still wouldn't do it because of potential health issues anyhow. I don't smoke and see no reason to start anything similar at this point just because of a fascination with small machines.

I see far too much nastiness related to smoking as it is.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-06 14:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not wanting to be different. It's not wanting to be associated with hipsters. I really think you just haven't dealt with enough American hipsters in person to understand precisely how insufferable some of them can be at times. We're talking about a group of people with whom I tend to have a lot in common and even I can't stand them.

Cthulhu knows how someone like Nik manages not to shoot them on sight.

Well, he hasn't shot us yet either, so I'm thinking he's just biding his time and preparing for one large purge.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

CNN is telling me NK has a nuke ! Time to duck and cover yall !

[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Now in video film:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-06 15:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Duck and cover? I thought that was only for volcanoes.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That guy he has patrick duffy as a leg !

[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-06 15:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

well that back read was stupid. there were like 2 posts that had anything to do with P&R.

fone, more mocking Obama crying, less *** all random, yo.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-06 15:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
well that back read was stupid. there were like 2 posts that had anything to do with P&R.

In other words, we're having fun. If you prefer the standard P&R bickering, you're always welcome to get us started. For example, you could ask, "How many Muslim abortions are caused by mass shootings in areas with major climate change?"
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How many Muslims does it take to screw in a light bulb ?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I prefer random bickering !
By fonewear 2016-01-06 15:47:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you see Obama cry on tv what a wimp !

I mean he hasn't gotten Michelle pregnant in a while is he really a man ?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 15:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

In other words, we're having fun. If you prefer the standard P&R bickering, you're always welcome to get us started. For example, you could ask, "How many Muslim abortions are caused by mass shootings in areas with major climate change?"

In other words, let's not bicker until we can bicker about what [persons X, Y and Z], personally, want to bicker about. Until then, chuckle-butt on!
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-01-06 16:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 16:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »

All of them?

ALL OF THEM!!! WHILE RAGE SINGING 'FROSTY THE SNOWMAN' WITH A GUN SLUNG OVER YOUR SHOULDER LIKE A CONTINENTAL SOLDIER!
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-01-06 16:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
All of them?

/wrongbuzzer

no, sorry. we were looking for 54. yep, 54.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 16:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

/double clap

BREAK IT DOWN!

/Maori war stance
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-06 16:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to back read, but it seems Obama crying while he signed an executive order to take your guns was covered. Check.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-06 16:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

A few comments on the recent discussions.

Hipsters... they are conforming non conformists. I have been a beatnik, a hippie, and a biker, all confirming non nonconformists. Can't be a nonconformist if you don't wear the uniform.

E cigs... I read an article a few days back that said that while people smoke for the nicotine, its the tars that kill. E cigs have no tars and no smoke particles. Mind you nicotine is a carcinogen all by itself. It is also the part that has the calming, almost tranquilizer, effect. I know there is a controversy with some of the chemicals often used to extract hash oil, which is also vaped, but I know nothing about the E cig's fluids.

Fashion... how does fashion hurt people other than in the bank account? And the word wide fashion industry employs hundreds of thousands of people. Personally, I am a fan of fashion, but never really wore any of what I think of as fashion since I was a teen. Hipsters are a fashion all of their own, true but what I mean by fashion is covered by magazines like Vogue, W, and Elle. I still like looking at both lovely and horrid outfits that I wouldn't ever have worn even when I had the shape to do so.

And as a total asside, but related to fashion, Lightning, from XIII, is currently modeling for Louis Vuitton.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-06 16:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a non conformist for sake of not conforming is so conformist. Those non conformists have to conform to their non conformists ways so much that they seem like Non conformists Nazis or Nonconazis. New word.

EDIT: Also gun control and militia men taking over a federal building at the same time, coincidence?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2016-01-06 16:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note I heard a good story from this really old guy who lived in some remote Serbian village during World War II. In order for his family to survive they had three pictures that they would hang up in their house depending on which army was in the vicinity. Hitler, Stalin, and Tito. It was one of those survival stories that's neat to hear from someone who was there.

Anyway happy Orthodox Christmas everyone!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-01-06 17:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You got to drink coffee to be a non conformist !

Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-06 18:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
hipster vapors
Thats gonna be the name of the next beer I brew.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-01-06 18:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The nicotine inside the cartridges is addictive. When you stop using it, you can get withdrawal symptoms including feeling irritable, depressed, restless and anxious. It can be dangerous for people with heart problems. It may also harm your arteries over time.

So far, evidence suggests that e-cigarettes may be safer than regular cigarettes. The biggest danger from tobacco is the smoke, and e-cigarettes don't burn. Tests show the levels of dangerous chemicals they give off are a fraction of what you'd get from a real cigarette. But what's in them can vary.

"E-cigarettes may be less harmful than cigarettes," Drummond says. "But we still don't know enough about their long-term risks or the effects of secondhand exposure."

Source

Really, the lack of regulation in the fluid solutions and long-term research of any additional chemicals is the biggest concern I would personally have from a health standpoint.
Same irritability happens to me when I give up caffeine for a week. E-cigs are pretty harmless.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-01-06 19:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-06 19:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
hipster vapors
Thats gonna be the name of the next beer I brew.

That's...Actually, a pretty damn good name for a brew.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-01-06 19:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

Insert "Vegan" "Crossfit" or whatever trendy thing is out there.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-01-06 20:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When did everyone get so crotchety?
First Page 2 3 ... 1193 1194 1195 ... 1375 1376 1377