Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 188 189 190
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 11:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Either way I don't see a reason for run to be necessarily the one keeping hate unless it's a mob that casts a lot of single target nukes...and even then anyone with a mdt can survive. That's why I say run is a support to the party rather than a standalone tank.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-04-09 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there still no resources file for RUN/GEO for windower to properly give /ja recasts?

If there is I can't find it anywhere, if there isn't... /sadface.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Either way I don't see a reason for run to be necessarily the one keeping hate unless it's a mob that casts a lot of single target nukes...and even then anyone with a mdt can survive. That's why I say run is a support to the party rather than a standalone tank.

Well people were talking about "tanking". Honestly I'm all for the "group tank" idea of DD's co-tanking with each other. That worked very well many years ago. Melee's can hit a button and go from full throttle DD to turtle DD instantly, no reason why two or three DD's can't rotate the monster around with each going turtle in turn.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 11:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Is there still no resources file for RUN/GEO for windower to properly give /ja recasts?

If there is I can't find it anywhere, if there isn't... /sadface.
Hm? My timers plugin works fine on run.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-09 11:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

One day maybe someone will do a actual spreadsheet or simulator it would be interesting to graph the CE and VE overtime.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
You don't have to stop using your ja, but you can't rely solely on those. Even the yoichi sam will pull hate off you if your damage is in the gutter.

Never said you stop and stand with ur *** in the dirt. We are talking trade offs on hate generation period. The added JA delay to the attack round. If I use a ja I add 1.5s to my attack now does the added CE VE from the JA offset the delay in damage and if so by what margin plus or minus. Very curious in that actually.

When you use a JA, spell or WS your attack round gets a 2s pause. If you use another JA / delay then the pause is incremented by 1s. If you have a set of JA's to use it's more efficient to use them quickly all at once then to try to space them out. Of course JA's have use's and often you don't want them all up at once, so you need to exercise discretion. JA delay is pretty insignificant at low haste values, it can become a problem once your loaded with gear + haste spell + songs and swinging like crazy.

The DPS sheets will help people determine how much damage per second they generate. That can in turn be used to figure out how much hate per second you generate with damage alone, then compare it to what a specific JA gives you. You want to focus on CE because VE tends to cap very very fast, withing a minute usually. This is why provoke is utterly useless after the first minute of a fight, all it's doing is adding 1CE which isn't even worth the time to use.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
One day maybe someone will do a actual spreadsheet or simulator it would be interesting to graph the CE and VE overtime.

*Cough*

http://kanican.livejournal.com/tag/enmity%20testing!

It's really easy to do yourself. You need to pick a target because there are lots of level dependent coefficients involved. A 2000 damage WS to a level 99 target generates a different amount of enmity then a 2000 damage WS to a level 110 target.
By darthmaull 2013-04-09 11:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
darthmaull said: »
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Resolution is probably the best WS you got for RUN at tis time, assuming they don't add in a Nyzul WS later on, or some newer WS. It's there to give you quick spikes in damage, though due to the attack penalty and not being DRK, you're not gonna see those huge numbers.

The deal with lunge is that it's got a cooldown on it that doesn't make it fully viable substitution for Reso, since you can usually get 2-3 off depending on gear and buffs, before getting a second Lunge flowing. Best to use both tools to maximize how efficient you are with RUN, instead of valuing one over the other.

I'm just wondering how I would be maximizing my efficiency with a WS that doesn't hit harder then other DD's in the party and is not needed to maintain hate of a mob? That's why I find /dnc to be a good sub for RUN if you are tanking. I also like /sch for all the reasons listed above by Dasanuffadat. More testing needed for it though.

Because damage is the #1 biggest source of CE. By going /DNC your lowering your CE/VE production rate and thus your enmity. Spamming JA's is bad, each one imposes a 1~2s pause in your attack round which is further lowering your CE gain rate.

That's if your actually trying to tank and all.

This and your posts after are in fact how enmity WAS calculated on all jobs. You constantly spewing this out tells me that you do not have RUN at 99. I have been playing this game for a while and I will say again that I agree with how enmity used to work for all jobs. Something is different with RUN but you fight every post that comes up in multiple threads through out multiple sites. Yes the timers are long so you can't spam certain JA's but the runes you can spam along with Flash and periodically throw the other JA's in there. Sorry but my in game experience points me to seeing a change in at least how RUN would tank. Hands on experience over old spreadsheet math.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really interested in Ruinator. Are those crafted Axes the best RUN can use? Their base DMG looks kinda weak to me personally.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 11:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aalak is the best axe at disposal atm, followed by Breidox.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<

Nothing has changed... seriously ... they just inserted a 0.3 multiplier on the CE coefficient for damage and healing. There is nothing special about RUN ... really ... no hidden JA or JT.

I keep stating these things because you guys are like cockroaches. Diseased ones at that.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kinda of sad. Great WS but kinda poor weapon selection to go with a B- skill. Swords look a little better, especially with A- skill. Best overall damage between the two might go to swords just because of weapon selection. For when GSWD isn't the best option obviously. Hopefully SE adds more alternative weapons to RUN.
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-04-09 11:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on a budget, Tonatiuh Axe is another alternative. If only we could take advantage of the Latent....

Ruinator is not bad as it does have an attack bonus attached to it. I haven't been able to use Run on anything important to tell you the damage difference though.

Edit: You'll need about 1.667x attack over enemy def to cap attack with Ruinator because of the attack bonus.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-09 11:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for me to go to bed so can't run some attack numbers. Which begs the question, what are people getting for attack / defense values in TP gear without food / berserk? I'm figuring it's nearly identical to my BLU so maybe 600~650 depending.
By darthmaull 2013-04-09 11:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

<.<

Nothing has changed... seriously ... they just inserted a 0.3 multiplier on the CE coefficient for damage and healing. There is nothing special about RUN ... really ... no hidden JA or JT.

I keep stating these things because you guys are like cockroaches. Diseased ones at that.

So I guess what I'm experiencing in game is a fluke. Being able to hold hate with JA's, cures, flash, animated flourish and some spells. I'm sorry ill crawl back to my hole like the cockroach I am. Gtfo.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg animated flourish...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2013-04-09 11:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP set is mostly thaumas with a Nemetona. Practically exactly what my blu wears. Using Breidox +1 and LolSanus off hand.

No Food/Buffs Run/Nin puts me at 554 Attack
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-09 12:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kinda of sad. Great WS but kinda poor weapon selection to go with a B- skill. Swords look a little better, especially with A- skill. Best overall damage between the two might go to swords just because of weapon selection. For when GSWD isn't the best option obviously. Hopefully SE adds more alternative weapons to RUN.

Personally I use Axe/Sword when I go /DNC or /NIN. I want to say its better (to be honest, I'm using it so I don't have to buy another axe...) but I'm not too sure on that >_>;

If I was less apathetic I would modify a WAR spreadsheet to get a better idea.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 12:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for me to go to bed so can't run some attack numbers. Which begs the question, what are people getting for attack / defense values in TP gear without food / berserk? I'm figuring it's nearly identical to my BLU so maybe 600~650 depending.
In my current tp gear(still missing skadi), run/sam 588 attack(6 points from cap on gs), 399 def.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-09 12:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

In my current tp gear(still missing skadi), run/sam 588 attack(6 points from cap on gs), 399 def.

Is /sam gonna benefit you more than the attack bonuses from /war in low man, 1 party, or full alliance set ups?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-09 12:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well just tried out some Ruinators myself. My gear's nothing to write home about and used mostly the same set I used for Resolution. Where resolution with a Borealis would give 1k-1.7k damage on Spoutdrenched Toads, Ruinator only did 890-1k with Breidox. Was /sch for both weapons, didn't want to buy a 2nd axe haha. Dualwields extra hit would prob bump mine up to 1.2k or so. I dunno, don't think it's all that beastly for RUN, what are other people getting? (note, both skills uncapped, axe is higher than my GS)

Edit: Should also mention I noticed a lot more misses and fewer parry's with axe than with GS even though my axe skill is slightly higher. weird ^^
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-09 12:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Is /sam gonna benefit you more than the attack bonuses from /war in low man, 1 party, or full alliance set ups?
Most likely. Hasso is a huge thing. When they fix Last Resort I would bet drk will be pretty awesome, till then I don't think war beats sam unless you're fighting, idk ADL, 10 seconds zerg.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-09 12:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Well just tried out some Ruinators myself. My gear's nothing to write home about and used mostly the same set I used for Resolution. Where resolution with a Borealis would give 1k-1.7k damage on Spoutdrenched Toads, Ruinator only did 890-1k with Breidox. Was /sch for both weapons, didn't want to buy a 2nd axe haha. Dualwields extra hit would prob bump mine up to 1.2k or so. I dunno, don't think it's all that beastly for RUN, what are other people getting? (note, both skills uncapped, axe is higher than my GS)

Edit: Should also mention I noticed a lot more misses and fewer parry's with axe than with GS even though my axe skill is slightly higher. weird ^^

Pretty sure weapon skill doesn't affect parry rate, unless I'm way off base. Also you might want to just post your gear sets for it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-09 12:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

In my current TP gear i have a base 619 Attack/400 defense as RUN/WAR, although that fluctuates a little based on what gear i use currently. If i had a STR/Attack Tenebreuse It would be roughly 34 points higher in attack, but currently, i use my RUN for Colonization Reives, so i use a Coalition Sword, and my skill isn't capped yet.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-09 12:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure weapon skill doesn't affect parry rate, unless I'm way off base. Also you might want to just post your gear sets for it.

I always thought some weapon types have lower parrying rates than others.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-04-09 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I meant as far as a possibility of parrying more with a 2h vs a 1h weapon for that part. Skill mention was for the much higher miss rate using axe even though my axe skill is like 6 points higher atm.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-09 12:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my current RUN TP setup as /war:
ItemSet 295908
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-04-09 12:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if im missing something here but just been killing dragua and with Shell V Barstone and 3 wind runes up ive been taking 500-1000 damage from spells. Idk if its just because its dragua or because i was in my tp gear or that im too used to having Aegis on magic heavy mobs.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-09 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Has even that been concluded though? I was pretty sure parry skill = parry rate and nothing else except maybe agi. I parry a lot on run at 99 and a lot on nin at 99.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 188 189 190