Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 188 189 190
 Odin.Arkista
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Arkista 2013-04-06 11:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback on gear. Was wondering if Miodio Gloves would be better than Mustela Gloves because of the attack? And does double attack effect Resolution if so would Nomkahpa Mittens be any good?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-06 11:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I was wondering about whether or not that got an augment... My only question is how you get it and how exactly you augment it. Since I haven't been following threads nor see the information on BG.
Inventors guild would be my guess.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-04-06 11:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, finally looking at BG threads I believe you're correct. Looks like weapon is from Skirmish.

/sigh

Guess I should stop messing around on Rune Fencer and start actually doing more stuff in the new areas. XP
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-06 12:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Arkista said: »
Thanks for the feedback on gear. Was wondering if Miodio Gloves would be better than Mustela Gloves because of the attack? And does double attack effect Resolution if so would Nomkahpa Mittens be any good?

Double Attack does affect Resolution, which would make Mustela Gloves your current primary WS piece in that slot. The Miodio gloves are nice due to the Haste+4% and the extra attack, but currently i only use them for my blue mage.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-04-06 12:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Yea, finally looking at BG threads I believe you're correct. Looks like weapon is from Skirmish.

/sigh

Guess I should stop messing around on Rune Fencer and start actually doing more stuff in the new areas. XP

Wait, what weapon?
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2013-04-06 12:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »

Double Attack does affect Resolution, which would make Mustela Gloves your current primary WS piece in that slot. The Miodio gloves are nice due to the Haste+4% and the extra attack, but currently i only use them for my blue mage.
Ok that sound great I look into buying those for now Thanks.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-06 12:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The only gloves that *should* be better than Mustela, is the Myrmex Mittens - which come from the Seductive Radiance BCNM needed for Provenance Watcher. But i did assume you were looking for something relatively easy to access through purchases, so i went with Mustela.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2013-04-06 12:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The only gloves that *should* be better than Mustela, is the Myrmex Mittens - which come from the Seductive Radiance BCNM needed for Provenance Watcher. But i did assume you were looking for something relatively easy to access through purchases, so i went with Mustela.
Yes I have the worst luck with VW and havent got hands yet.
 Asura.Fitali
user: Fitali
By Asura.Fitali 2013-04-06 16:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Soo I just noticed that if a mob has really low health and you kill it with lunge but it only does one hit then you keep the runes that weren't used.

I.E. In crawlers nest I have two runes and normal rune damage is 260 or so. Crawler was really low and I used lunge and it killed it and did 107 damage, afterwards I still at 1 rune up.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2013-04-06 16:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fitali said: »
Soo I just noticed that if a mob has really low health and you kill it with lunge but it only does one hit then you keep the runes that weren't used.

I.E. In crawlers nest I have two runes and normal rune damage is 260 or so. Crawler was really low and I used lunge and it killed it and did 107 damage, afterwards I still at 1 rune up.
Ya the less HP a mob has the less Runes you expend.
By Gimp 2013-04-07 13:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
So some JP got a Crobaci with:

D141
D+38 STR+12 WS damage+10

Can't complain about lack of gswords now. This thing is superior to 99 rag.

wow.

Before knowing that I was going to ask how much discrepancy there is between optimal Requiescat, Ruinator, and Resolution TP and WS averages.

I was asking because of my own merit options Requiescat, Shoha, and Shun and looking at how Run is structured now whether or not to invest losing Requiescat for Ruinator/Reso when it's a DD hybrid and being able to bring stronger jobs if said DD is needed more than mitigation for said party and myself.

Of course this was before knowing about the augmented Crobaci but I'm very sure I wont have one anytime soon and I'm still interested in the numbers and if it's small enough to validate Requiescat's utility over the other 2 options.

And yeah it's kind of a shame on me sort of question
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-07 14:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously Rag is still the better Gsword due to white dmg and acc+, ....right? I'd hate to see a slew of bangwagon Rag owners rage quit.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-07 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather use the new sword and eat pizza if I need 40 acc.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-07 14:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'd hate to see a slew of bangwagon Rag owners rage quit.
Won't be missed.
[+]
By Gimp 2013-04-07 14:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'd hate to see a slew of bangwagon Rag owners rage quit.
Won't be missed.

quite a few of them are bad anyways
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-04-07 14:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I'd rather use the new sword and eat pizza if I need 40 acc.

Your GEO and DNC will be destroying the mob's defense anyway!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-07 15:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Can skillup with lunge.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-07 15:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anybody tested if the def- added effect will proc on Run? I know we had discussed this, but did anybody actually run and check it out?

Also, regardless this new monster dmg Gsword is best, but by how much over str/att Gsword?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-07 15:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Runes overwrite other effects. Would only proc with runes down.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-07 15:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Runes overwrite other effects. Would only proc with runes down.

K thought so. So that's not a viable magian option, gotcha.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-04-07 16:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

In my testing, I've seen runes prioritize over almost everything. The only thing I've come across that prioritizes itself over runes, is TH proc. Not that there's much reason to play thf/run, but just in case you find one, rest assured your th will still proc!
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-04-07 16:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Algol enfire proc will override Sulpor.

Just throwing that in.
 Asura.Fitali
user: Fitali
By Asura.Fitali 2013-04-08 01:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So is Resolution the hands down best WS for Rune Fencer? (For GS I mean, obviously Ruinator is sexytime)

Also, is the STR Magian GS pretty much the best "semi-casual" weapon?
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-08 05:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Resolution and Groundstrike are pretty good WS's, particularly if you sub sam to do a Distortion Skill chain, followed up with a Gelus/Unda based Lunge Magic Burst.

Resolution is definetly the best Gsword WS RUN has at it's disposal.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-08 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoying my first run adventures :o found an umbril as I was looking for a reive and destroyed him. Lunge did 4464 damage lol, they're squishy to magic apparently.
 Siren.Robthunder
Server: Siren
By Siren.Robthunder 2013-04-08 11:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you remember which type of Umbril it was? And did you Gambit first? Every time I've fought one has been with a party, and they died too fast to gambit, but so far my best Lunge was about 800 damage with 3x runes up, 385 GSword skill, and MAB+20. I've only done it probably 3 times to an Umbril (don't remember which kind, I don't know if it makes a difference). Is it safe to assume mine were resisted?, or am I just borked...

(If it matters, I did 3x fire, 3x light, 3x thunder Lunges)
By kenshynofshiva 2013-04-08 11:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Enjoying my first run adventures :o found an umbril as I was looking for a reive and destroyed him. Lunge did 4464 damage lol, they're squishy to magic apparently.

Very much so wonder if they have an element that they are really weak to or just overall...

Any one test the RUNs resistance to status ailments that was truely noticeable?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-08 11:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Robthunder said: »
Do you remember which type of Umbril it was? And did you Gambit first? Every time I've fought one has been with a party, and they died too fast to gambit, but so far my best Lunge was about 800 damage with 3x runes up, 385 GSword skill, and MAB+20. I've only done it probably 3 times to an Umbril (don't remember which kind, I don't know if it makes a difference). Is it safe to assume mine were resisted?, or am I just borked...

(If it matters, I did 3x fire, 3x light, 3x thunder Lunges)

even in my TP set umbrils take 2k lunges. They are weak to magic. I have some MAB gear just haven't put together a macro for it for lunge.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-08 11:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill matters in lunge damage, so that's why yours was low Rob. I didn't bother using gambit, I lunged 3 lux for that much.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-08 14:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It would seem that the Appetant Umbrils take extra damage from Lux and Ignis than any other Rune Lunge - Since the last Umbril i took on only took 2100 from a Flabrax3 Lunge.

Before i even engage one though, i tend to have 3 runes up, then gambit from the get go, stock 3 more runes, and then lunge.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 188 189 190