Dark Souls & Other Souls-Likes

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 224 225 226
By volkom 2016-04-15 13:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

cool. I'll have to test it with my GS some more to see what the damage difference is.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-15 22:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For that, you can still do the FP ability, but it will be largely neutered. Take the Demon Greataxe for instance. Its FP ability is a giant fiery explosion where you stab the axe at an odd angle into the ground/enemy. When you run low on FP it will still do the explosion if you have SOME FP, but the damage will be completely neutered. If you have no FP, you will still do the awkward stab, it will do ***damage if it hits something, and there's no explosion.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 03:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer of the Boreal Valley is so elegant. It reminds me of Sif. It also makes me wonder about some things from Dark Souls 1 and now what we see in Dark Souls 3. I kind of wonder if Dark Souls 1 was a romanticized tale, and Dark Souls 3 is a snap back to reality.
By volkom 2016-04-16 03:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think my run is fubar. I totally screwed up the npcs. I cant find half of them and I'm pretty sure I'm doing stuff way out of order per say... Killed twin princes then the ice dragon thing.

And I joined Rosarias covenant >_>; I must invade and murder more
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 03:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm, they disappear or die if you move too far without doing their interactions.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 05:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm in Farron Keep on my new character, which is turning into a balanced jack of all trades, the intent eventually being a more faith/sorcery based swordfighter. I pop an ember because I remember Yellowfinger Heysel comes and wants a piece somewhere in the bog.

So I forgot that I joined Rosaria's Fingers, and I found a white summon sign for Heysel. Ok, I figure he can be a meatshield(later found out Heysel is a woman :O!!!!), and help me get the poison gem and deal with those giant shamanistic wolf like sorcerers. I figure right. I'm about to kill the 2nd one clustered around the poison gem. I get invaded. This was my first foray into the bog from the woods side of the bog, so I was pretty low on estus and other resources(I fought all the basilisks, fought one of the solitary shamsns, fought a buncha ghrus, and a ton of slugs, not too mention slogging through the poison).

The invader is wielding a BK's Greataxe, so I figure I can lure him around with Heysel and take advantage of his poor choice in weaponry for invasion(really, honestly, I wouldn't recommend the greataxe family for PVP in DS3, though at least the BK's has a more unique set of swings).

Somehow Heysel ran to a bridge and fell off on the other side of stuff, and was very slow to return. I'm fighting this guy to a stand still, because I have 1 Estus flask and no FP. He can't hit me, and I can't overcome his Estus +4 or whatever he was sporting a lot of. Heysel gets back around finally, but hasn't healed herself from the fall or being hit earlier, and he runs up to her while she's casting and just wrecks her ***. I go back into fighting with this guy, but it's basically a battle of attrition, because my weapon was low on durability(I go on really long on no bonfire stints in souls games these days). The invader with full flasks(probably 5 at least, I made him use 4 and they healed him to full from near death) finally catches me a couple times. My health is too low at this point, but I strive to keep fighting, except we were on a slope with an odd angled wall. Instead of rolling down the hill twice, like I was trying to do, the camera flipped and I rolled down the hill, dodging his next swing, but then back up the hill moving into his second swing.

Very aggravating.

Well, I'm a stubborn codger, so I summon Heysel again to get the poison gem. I figure, ehh, if I get invaded I'll at least be ready this time, as I'd activated the bonfire there and stuff. I summon Heysel, go and start sniping the wolf shamsns to draw them out one at a time so me and Heysel can go hog wild on them. Get all three killed, and just as I'm going to pick up the poison gem, get invaded by, "Invader Wes."

Invader Wes was not a coy invader. He came right into the poison bog water with me and Heysel. He was wielding one of the great swords, either the claymore or the *** sword. I never can really tell in the heat of the moment, but he was deadset on killing me(except, apparently he is unused to parrying fast weapons like straight swords). Instead of moving for any sort of dry land(none of the monsters in the bog were dead except the Ghru between the bonfire and sniper point, and the 3 wolf shamans), I slog further into the bog. Invader Wes is hot on my heels. He is dogging me every step of the way, and he's also trying to lead/lure Heysel into monsters to get rid of Heysel. I'm trying to push and pull Invader Wes to the White Birch so that, hopefully, the giant will snipe him or the crab will crush him.

Well we get there, and the giant crab comes full bore for my anus. Heysel gets in the way, but gets pincered between the crab and Invader Wes. I can't really do anything, so I move back to behind the white birch and watch the situation unfold. Normally, monsters cannot attack Invaders, unless you drop some special item on the ground during the invasion, but as far as I could tell, they aren't immune to getting caught in the swing. I don't really know. Either Heysel really gave him what for, or he got smacked around a bit by the crab while it smacked Heysel around. Either way, he lost like 380 HP, and he used an Estus or two. Heysel was dead, so the crab came for me. It, of course, gets a good hit on me with its claw, Invader Wes decides he wants none of that crab, so he slowly starts to circle around to try and flank me. The crab gets stagger locked at that point by the friendly giant. I stab it a time or two to ensure the next arrow puts it down for good. Then I turn to face the obvious flank. It's really very hard for a bright red invader to conceal his movements.

As it turns out, the friendly giant cannot see invaders, so no more arrows come. It's just me and Invader Wes. The bog is deep about the birch, so neither of us can really dodge roll. Invader Wes now has every advantage. His weapon has twice the reach of mine, and I can't roll away, so I slowly start to back and alternate rolling(for movement) and blocking(prevent death obviously). Invader Wes thought he had me. Invader Wes got complacent. I backed us back into the thicket of trees and other bog flora. When I next rolled it was around a tree. His swing still caught me, but now he had to move an extra step to get to me, so he rolled forward and came out of his roll attempting to parry. I dashed forward(the bog being shallow here, allowing this) and my dash attack evaded his parry and hit him. Then I laid into him with a flurry of swings, as he hadn't attempted to use Estus either due to being out or for fear that I'd get out of his easy swing range. The poison had done about 1/5th of the work, but that's all I needed. My stamina depleted, allowing Invader Wes a reprieve, he rolled to the side and attempted to strike me. I raised my shield just in time, only to fully deplete my stamina again, but Invader Wes rolled away out of habit, but we were in the midst of trees and he rolled into a trunk. His back to me, I attempted to back stab, but he rolled again, so I just started to swing as fast as I could. I was about to die from the poison. I caught him as his roll ended, and he died in the next hit or two. I then accidentally threw a firebomb on the ground where he died, and only just managed to drink my 2nd to last Estus before succumbing to poison.

My heart aflutter, my spirits alight, I ran off to kill some Ghrus and head back to bonfire... except the Ghrus pincered me and I died to the Ghrus...
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-04-16 06:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no blue eye orb is there? I've managed to find a ton of cracked red eye'd orbs but no blue. Kinda sad, no justice for those *** invaders.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 06:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no blue eye orb that I know of, but there are like 3 covenants where if you equip the covenant, you'll be auto summoned as a blue sentinel to drive off invaders.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2016-04-16 06:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
There's no blue eye orb that I know of, but there are like 3 covenants where if you equip the covenant, you'll be auto summoned as a blue sentinel to drive off invaders.

I've kept Way of the blue on, quite handy
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 06:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also can confirm, except for things that are weak to sorcery/pyromancy/miracles, they are weak as ***. Probably has to do with the spell buff stat on casting implements, but also the strong lean away from magic being OP like in previous Souls games.

At 20 faith with spell buff 100 talisman, my Lightning Spear is only dealing 78 damage to stuff in the bog. :(
By Ackeron 2016-04-16 08:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Also can confirm, except for things that are weak to sorcery/pyromancy/miracles, they are weak as ***. Probably has to do with the spell buff stat on casting implements, but also the strong lean away from magic being OP like in previous Souls games.

At 20 faith with spell buff 100 talisman, my Lightning Spear is only dealing 78 damage to stuff in the bog. :(
Yeah, pyro is pretty bad too when you just start out takes till like the Smouldering Lake before you start to git gud. Once you get rolling though it seems pretty good.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2016-04-16 13:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just beat that fight was amazing :0
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-16 15:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I *** hate Watchdogs of Farron, just like the covenants in DS1+2 that served the same purpose, none of the cowards have the stones to face me one on one and take me out while I'm fighting other enemies.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-04-16 18:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

bit behind compared to other people but just did the Rotted Greatwood fight.. wierd but was fun lol
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2016-04-16 20:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
bit behind compared to other people but just did the Rotted Greatwood fight.. wierd but was fun lol
Just gotta
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-16 22:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
Ohji Lunartail said: »
Just gotta
While avoiding the hand job. It might also try to give you the reach around.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-16 23:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Got to Iron Keep >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2016-04-17 01:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat the game today. Just soul farming and searching for the last bone shard thing to upgrade my flasks to +10.
Had a dude talk to me. He thought I was an npc when he summoned me xD

I'm definitely a fan of the great bows. Been using it a lot for all the coop fights while I get more sun medal thingies.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2016-04-17 02:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
volkom said: »
Beat the game today. Just soul farming and searching for the last bone shard thing to upgrade my flasks to +10.
Had a dude talk to me. He thought I was an npc when he summoned me xD

I'm definitely a fan of the great bows. Been using it a lot for all the coop fights while I get more sun medal thingies.
was your name a dark souls name? lol.
Nope!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-17 02:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.
That's not the kind of video game I'm here to play lady!

It's funny, this character was one of the few times I didn't instantly think perversion. I sure as hell wish she had more dialogue though.

Also, had a funny happenstance on my second character. Got to this one bonfire and put my summon sign near it to help people through the area from start to realistically probably half way through. The place is a rape factory. Anyway, I put my sign down, and after a few slogs of that, I got invaded by a Mad Spirit. He had a great sword in one hand and a pyromancy flame in the other. He walked right up to me and used the black fire, I dodged, and he tried to hit me with the giant fire orb and several combustions. He missed quite a lot. I struck him twice when he got close attempting to hit me with a slash and then a pyromancy, and to my surprise he must have not put anything into Vigor. Two swings nearly killed him at 194 damage a swing. He rolled away quick as he could, but I ran up on him and delivered the killing blow. It would have been a flawless victory, but the giant fire orb grazed me during my dodge roll, so I took like 70 damage.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-17 02:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the bonfire I murdered a dozen or so people at, Vyre! :D
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-17 03:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Come murder me bby
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-17 03:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, come duo it with me!
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-17 03:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if I wasn't about to go pass out, I'd be up for it!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-17 03:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Q,Q sleep well
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-17 03:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***, I did not notice! You can reinforce catalysts and talismans just like the Pyromancy flame! No wonder the sorceries and things are all shitty. Not using a good tool!
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 224 225 226