Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2013-11-13 23:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie said: »
Asura.Toxleh said: »
Bred my team up rather quickly thanks to keeping fathers in all of the egg groups.

Just finishing up the last one then it's off to EV training and leveling. So excited for this team it's going to be brutal.

Still want to test out Furfrou/Vivillon combo on some kind of physical power house and a fire type. Like Furfrou/Vivillon vs Garchomp/Mega Charizard Y. Would be the ultimate test of this strategy.

Furfrou
Fur Coat(.50 dmg from physical)
Cotton Guard x2(6 stages of Def)
Def nature with 252 def/hp

Vivillon
Friend Guard(reduces dmg done to allies)
Powder (any pokemon covered in this attack that uses a fire type move will explode and take dmg)

that's a lovely thought but both vivillon and furfrou are pretty slow, so you can't exactly buff up if you die before you can attack lol esp since furfrou doesn't get a nice recovery move like slack off or recover. maybe scarf'd vivillon but that's pretty pointless now isn't it?

Turn before set up a Tailwind with Talonflame it's more to see how it will work not for serious competitive matches.

i agree it's interesting, im usually more competitive overall
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-14 00:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bred my team up rather quickly thanks to keeping fathers in all of the egg groups.

Just finishing up the last one then it's off to EV training and leveling. So excited for this team it's going to be brutal.

Still want to test out Furfrou/Vivillon combo on some kind of physical power house and a fire type. Like Furfrou/Vivillon vs Garchomp/Mega Charizard Y. Would be the ultimate test of this strategy.

Furfrou
Fur Coat(.50 dmg from physical)
Cotton Guard x2(6 stages of Def)
Def nature with 252 def/hp

Vivillon
Friend Guard(reduces dmg done to allies)
Powder (any pokemon covered in this attack that uses a fire type move will explode and take dmg)

that's a lovely thought but both vivillon and furfrou are pretty slow, so you can't exactly buff up if you die before you can attack lol esp since furfrou doesn't get a nice recovery move like slack off or recover. maybe scarf'd vivillon but that's pretty pointless now isn't it?

Turn before set up a Tailwind with Talonflame it's more to see how it will work not for serious competitive matches.

i agree it's interesting, im usually more competitive overall

However in a Trick Room team this could really be viable.
By dusksunlight 2013-11-14 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend code is 5300-8757-5346

I have a fire type Safari

With Magmar, Charmeleon, and Braixen
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

dusksunlight said: »

add me, 5413-0472-2547
 Sylph.Sloery
Server: Sylph
user: Sloery
By Sylph.Sloery 2013-11-14 14:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got a 3DS XL with Pokemon X, havent played a pokemon game since the original red so gonna take some time to get into it again.
If anyone wants to add me my Friendcode is: 4313-1219-9046
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sloery said: »
Just got a 3DS XL with Pokemon X, havent played a pokemon game since the original red so gonna take some time to get into it again.
If anyone wants to add me my Friendcode is: 4313-1219-9046
added ya, just post on here if ya need any advice or tips or help or just someone to talk to, were all willing to give pointers and stuff :D
my FC is 5413-0472-2547
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-14 15:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't believe I didn't think to share this sooner...

http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

You plug in the information and it'll calculate the possible values that your pokemon has in IVs for their stats. If you go to the battle institute, this will bump a lv1 to lv50 for stat calculating.

If you have to select multiple stats on the "best stats" drop box, hold ctrl when you click on a stat when selecting the best stats to select multiple.
 Bahamut.Nixak
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-11-14 16:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-11-14 20:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

FC 1349-5256-5780
 Bahamut.Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-11-14 20:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have just updated the Pokemon Google Doc List. Natsuhiko and Sloery were both added (I think I forgot to announce that I added Natsuhiko earlier this week).

Also I would like to add another column to the Google Doc that had been suggested before (no not the date added column, that would be to much work to go back and look em all up, sorry). Time to add the "Trainer Name" column cause it can be very confusing who is who in the game.

To get you name on this list I will need you post or PM me your trainer(s) name and the FFXIAH name from the Google List so I can match them up. So if you normal post with different accounts on the forums make sure that you tell me which account name from the google doc list is you.

Example: FFXIAH name is Nixak and trainer names are Sandra for Y and (╯°□°)╯ for X.
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 20:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
I have just updated the Pokemon Google Doc List Natsuhiko and Sloery were both added (I think I forget to announce that I added Natsuhiko earlier this week).

Also I would like to add another column to the Google Doc that had been suggested before (no not the date added column, that would be to much work to go back and look em all up, sorry). Time to add the "Trainer Name" column cause it can be very confusing who is who in the game.

To get you name on this list I will need you post or PM me your trainer(s) name and the FFXIAH name from the Google List so I can match them up. So if you normal post with different accounts on the forums make sure that you tell me which account name from the google doc list is you.
my names flametaru on the google doc, trainer name is flare ^^
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2013-11-14 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Crap. I have to raise my Magby to lvl 30 just so I can evolve them so I can breed them into a 5/6. That sucks, but it is still so much easier now.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 20:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

tarupowa said: »

add me, 5413-0472-2547

Have you as well, and both of you need to add me!

-EDIT- Also, WOOOO just hatched my first shiny! Male Ralts 4/6 Modest.
[+]
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 20:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said: »
Crap. I have to raise my Magby to lvl 30 just so I can evolve them so I can breed them into a 5/6. That sucks, but it is still so much easier now.
well for breeding an egg move onto this charmander i have i had to make a female first from my 5/6 male(doesnt have the move, its from a dragon type) to breed with the dragon, i didnt did this for 4 hours and all i had was 2/3's and 3/6's, all had the egg move so i went with the attack and speed one cause those are the only 2 i need for the charizard X im making lol
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 20:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »

add me, 5413-0472-2547

whats your FC, ill add
By tarupowa 2013-11-14 20:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

add me, 5413-0472-2547

-EDIT- Also, WOOOO just hatched my first shiny! Male Ralts 4/6 Modest.
oh. my. god. im so jealous right now, gallade was a permanent member of my team since it came out, its never let me down in a battle, i gotta transfer it from B2 when bank comes out lol
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-14 20:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have Excadrill safari? I checked the GTS but everyone wants *** legendary pokemon...
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 20:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

add me, 5413-0472-2547

whats your FC, ill add

2595 0746 4363
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2013-11-14 20:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Anyone have Excadrill safari? I checked the GTS but everyone wants *** legendary pokemon...

all day everyday. so annoying lol.

"O you want a caterpie? heres one for a Zekrom."
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 20:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So whats the story with breeding shinies using shinies? Right now I have my 5/6 Female Ralts breeding with a Japanese Male Ralts, would the odds of more shinies be significantly higher if I swap in the shiny Male for the Japanese one?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-14 20:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odds don't change as far as I know.
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 20:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't change meaning that:
Normal + Shiny = Local + Foreign?

If so I would be better with the shiny because it has more IVs I need.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-11-14 20:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

shiny doesn't change anything.
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 21:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn, sticking to Masuda Method then!
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-14 21:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't change meaning that:
Normal + Shiny = Local + Foreign?

If so I would be better with the shiny because it has more IVs I need.

Bulbapedia said:
In Generation III, most of the data structures were redone. As such, a Pokémon's Shininess would no longer need to be linked to its stats due to incompatibilities between the previous generations. The determinant for Shininess is instead a calculation based on the Trainer ID number and secret ID number of the player encountering it and the personality value of the Pokémon. The same method is used in Generations IV and V.
The secret ID and Trainer ID byte words are first xored together, and then the first byte word of the personality value is xored with the second byte word of the personality value. If the xor of these two results is less than eight, then the Pokémon is Shiny. This results in a probability of 8 in 65536; simplified as 1/8192 (2-13, or 0.01220703125%), just as in Generation II. Symbolically:
(Trainer ID) xor (Secret ID) = E
(First byte word of personality value) xor (Second byte word of personality value) = F
If E xor F is less than eight, then the Pokémon is Shiny.

The Masuda method involves breeding two Pokémon created in games of different countries. An Egg resulting from such a pairing will have a higher likelihood of being Shiny. The most common way to arrange such a pairing is to use one foreign Pokémon and one from the game in which the breeding occurs, although the method will work in any game provided at least one of the Pokémon in the pair is from a country different to the country of the game cartridge.
If both Pokémon are foreign to the cartridge but are both from the same country, then the Masuda method will not take effect. Foreign language Pokémon obtained via in-game trades, such as the Meister's Foppa and Lt. Surge's Volty, are treated as being from the same country as the game they were generated in, so they cannot be bred with another Pokémon from the same country for the Masuda method. In Generation IV, if the Masuda method is in effect, so both parents come from different countries, the Everstone will fail to increase the chance of passing on a nature.
A Pokémon traded internationally while still in its Egg will retain the internal marking which recognizes it as a foreign Pokémon even though it appears to be native to the cartridge it was hatched in.
Some examples are illustrated below; Pokémon bred in circumstances which invoke the Masuda method and have an increased chance of being Shiny are denoted by their Shiny sprite.

An internal marker on each Pokémon identifies their "home location", 0x17. If the game recognizes the two Pokémon in the daycare as having different home locations, then when an Egg is generated, the game will attempt to generate a personality value that results in a Shiny Pokémon up to four extra times in Generation IV and five extra times in Generation V.[2] If the player has the Shiny Charm, the game will make two further attempts to generate a Shiny Pokémon, bringing the total chance up to 1/1024 or eight times more likely than normal.

WALL OF TEXT TL;DR VERSION: The only things that increases shiny rate
are

PokeRader
Chain fishing
Masuda Breeding Method
Luck and/or Patience.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-14 21:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Mizu!
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2013-11-14 22:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to draw Leafeon doing awesome things, then came the blank paper and nothing and gave up :( was always my favorite eevee-lution, but so frail!
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-14 22:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized Garbordors have a 50% chance of having nuggets as a hold item and they are in poison safaris... I could just Thief up millions haha
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-11-14 23:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just realized Garbordors have a 50% chance of having nuggets as a hold item and they are in poison safaris... I could just Thief up millions haha

I wish I could have poison type safaris... No one friends me cause it's bug safari and the best thing I got is Pinser. .-.

(and by no one I mean like all the new people)
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2013-11-14 23:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a poison safari but I don't think I have Garbodors on mine.
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 224 225 226