Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 2544 2545 2546 ... 22712 22713 22714
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-06 17:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

All you need is to unlock synergy. You don't need to skill it up at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-06 17:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said: »

Damn, I managed to avoid synergy for so long...

why? its the easiest craft to level
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 17:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I would probably be better off if I leveled things because of their utility. My 2nd job to 75, and my main, was PUP and it bugged me that I was utterly useless in most people's eyes. :/
Sounds like my BLU back then lol. I went BLM > BLU > DRG > DNC + RDM (Abyssea happened around here) > NIN and now DRK, but as far as my shells were concerned I was BLM onry. I could reliably stun, knew how to time sleeps, and did ***like cast Dia II on targeted mobs because the RDMs and WHMs were *** idiots and couldn't do that or anything else beyond casting C4/5 (haste/refresh where?). Not the best as damage/nuke went at the time, but arguably still one of the best mages we had. Playing BLM ~5 nights a week burned me out in a hurry though, which is why it's still 75. I'm only just now touching the job in any way again through our RDM/BLM/THF mule (yes, I have RDM geared on two characters >_>;).

Quote:
Honestly I can't look at something and think, this would be useful here for this or this and then level it for that reason. I like helping a group but I can't play jobs I don't enjoy fully. I've leveled one job for it's usefulness and that was MNK, and part of that was just to help with Dragua kills whenever I get the chance to work on my Vere more for PUP. However I did start to like that job a little bit more after getting counterstance and being able to just be like "BIIIIITCH, you gonna get countered!" >.>;
Given the way the game changed towards level cap my approach was to at least give the job a fair shake and see how I liked it in that environment rather than judging it based on level grinding hell. Aside from BLM (which probably would have been ok if it hadn't been a near-fulltime thing for a while there), it worked out ok. DRG was fun at the time, I only retired it later because it actually got less fun with Razed Ruins/AF3 and accumulating hate too quickly to Jump it away. Support DNC was awesome but became less useful around the same time, so I ended up playing it less and less. I have gear for it though, so one of these days I may resurrect it and try the more DD-oriented approach. NIN's not horrible, it's less fun outside Abyssea but I don't use it as much outside Abyssea either. DRK... we'll see I guess. I wish it was still good for tanking. RDM should be fun in the limited situations I'll use it in, kind of the way I wanted to play mage when I was playing BLM.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 17:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Serpentines are still viable and beat af3 feet and af3 hands for in slot cures/idles for a basic whm. great starting place and you can have 7mp/tick auto refresh just standing in jeuno now if you collect all the relative gear

one abyssite of celerity is bought in ulegrande range for 8k from the cruor prospector. that should be your top priority for now. instantly turn your 500 stones into like 610 stones
Glad to know. I'll re-add them to my list.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 17:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said: »
now see, if you had just moved yourself to cerb, then we'd be able to help you =/
Sav is mining for me on Bahamut though so it's all good.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-06 17:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Serpentines are still viable and beat af3 feet and af3 hands for in slot cures/idles for a basic whm. great starting place and you can have 7mp/tick auto refresh just standing in jeuno now if you collect all the relative gear

one abyssite of celerity is bought in ulegrande range for 8k from the cruor prospector. that should be your top priority for now. instantly turn your 500 stones into like 610 stones

word of warning, the panties are expensive, its a brygid quest.

also, as soon as sav gets on, go to abyssea konschtat and (you) pull tonberries for the other celerity
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-06 17:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Gonna be able to get them hq's with no help?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 17:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I recommend Serpentes for your cure set until you start getting into hardcore WHM stuff. Not worth worrying about until you're thinking about making a cure setup that revolves around AF3 body.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 17:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, apparently I didn't kill a single mob for the first staff trial before I quit D=
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-10-06 17:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea. I went SAM > PUP > (Abyssea happens) NIN > SCH > MNK

Worst part is I started leveling SAM a good year before the 2handed update but didn't finish till after that and Hasso/Seigan were added and felt so much like a Bandwagon SAM. >.>;

Eventually I just couldn't stand the job anymore because it was all anyone ever wanted from me and it became much to cut and dry play style. :/ But back then there was no way in hell anyone was going to take PUP over SAM.

Now though, everyone I play with knows me as one of the best PUPs on the server (Still don't believe it but whatever if it makes a good name for the job I'm all for it) and I get to come PUP to just about everything unless I or someone else knows we specifically need another job.

It makes me giggle sometimes, I have to actually force them to let me come MNK or NIN now because they know I'm not that horrible of a tank on PUP and can dish out a nice amount of damage. XP

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-06 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Gonna be able to get them hq's with no help?

Provied you have a friend crafter with capped synergy, yes.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 17:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

grab some magian specs if you don't have as well, that moogle sells em
Doing that now
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-06 17:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i had an interesting lvling experience
started whm to 54>sch to 63>DRG>COR>WHM>BLM>DNC
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-06 17:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

grab some magian specs if you don't have as well, that moogle sells em
Doing that now
start making notes about what +2 items for which piece you need
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 17:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hey they can work together decently nini : (

Best to get Augur's gloves and MND or something feet and fill in that 1% elsewhere. I mean it's not gimp to keep using Serpentes but it's not optimal.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-10-06 17:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Persona-4/Episode-1/Watch

IT IS HERE!!!!!!

also story doesnt' exactly follow the game but it's close enough

still it's awesommeeeee
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 17:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

Best to get Augur's gloves and MND or something feet and fill in that 1% elsewhere. I mean it's not gimp to keep using Serpentes but it's not optimal.
I've got Augur's gloves on my list. Trying to figure out what to use with them for feet until Marduk's. I've never done Salvage before.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-10-06 18:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember my first job was going to be WHM. Said I was gonna be one of the best, then I learned about WHM/NIN and said I was also going to be the best WHM/NIN as well. Got to 58, got tired of constantly having almost nothing to do because somehow I always ended up in parties that magically had PLs (at 58? seriously?) and was basically just a Haste ***. :/ Then I went to the SAM side.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-10-06 18:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Augur's gloves on my list. Trying to figure out what to use with them for feet until Marduk's. I've never done Salvage before.
teal?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-06 18:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

AF3 feet have 8 MND iirc. Another option that may or may not be useful would be Zenith Pumps with curepot augment.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-10-06 18:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, let's start with things that don't require augments please.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-10-06 18:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Blessed+1
WHITE BOX

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-10-06 18:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-06 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

is that even counting the new gear 91+, whatever build your mind is picturing? but yeah since staff got one stronger, even more flexibility true

this is what I'm using for cures on both my main and mule it's a cheap decent standard to hit 50% and still cureskin it up decently. yeah lots of room for improvements but it's low priced ah gear and easy duo abyssea NMs for the +2s

91+ gear changed nothing really, lol.

That's what I use because medicine ring can suck a ***. 50% Potency, and -50 enm with atma/atmacite and merits. Your gear is fine though.
First Page 2 3 ... 2544 2545 2546 ... 22712 22713 22714