Views On Astral Burning?

Language: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Views on Astral burning?
Views on Astral burning?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28
 Titan.Rebekah
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-23 21:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see it this way, if you wanna b*tch about one easy way to get xp then you should b*tch about the other ways.

Rebekah said:
But please can we step into their shoes for a second. Now people use to b*tch about how hard it was to get to 75, or when they needed to take a break because of rl they would fall behind. It seems to me that SE gave us a "Way out" of that, but now we still have people that b*tch. So it is like a Damned if I do and Damned if I don't... Then when we want something to happen they won't do it... Why? Because there is no way to make everyone happy.

Maybe I am wrong.

That is what I said on one of my past posts. I believe it to be true, there is no way to make everyone happy.
 Caitsith.Shinsama
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-02-23 21:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

now wait, im sorry i just want to say one thing

getting 1-75 in 3-4 days then worry about skilling up after is still faster then getting 1-75 the normal way while skilling.

as for lurn to play n00b lolz

forums + friends = winnar
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-23 21:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

oh trust me, it was really hard to get my smn to 75. I am a little jelis over the fact that people can get their smn to 75 in just a few days when It took me a year+ Not going to say the time I put into it because then people would think I am a loser/n00b for not getting it to 75 faster.

But who am I to tell someone else how to level their own character?
Do I pay for the account they have?
Do I give them gil?
Do I get them their gear?

I would love to try this AB party one day... Altho only for merits or a sub job lol.
 Garuda.Pastor
Server: Garuda
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-23 21:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally consider it a method of cheating and i would not be shocked if SE tweak the system so that this Astral Burning doesn't become so rewarding like /BRD to Campaign was fixed.
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-23 21:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

yea but you still got people sitting there by the npc buffing themselves with barspells and stuff when people are out fighting in Campaign lol. Not as much xp tbh but still happens. How does a AB party hurt the game? other then bringing n00bie level 75 people, who btw even w/o that AB party we still had n00bie people with level 75 jobs.
I hope they don't mess with the smns 2hr. If that is the Case then nerf all the other 2hrs lol.
 Garuda.Pastor
user: Pastor
By Garuda.Pastor 2009-02-23 21:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rebekah said:
yea but you still got people sitting there by the npc buffing themselves with barspells and stuff when people are out fighting in Campaign lol. Not as much xp tbh but still happens. How does a AB party hurt the game? other then bringing n00bie level 75 people, who btw even w/o that AB party we still had n00bie people with level 75 jobs.
I hope they don't mess with the smns 2hr. If that is the Case then nerf all the other 2hrs lol.

Nah i don't think they will touch the 2hr system i think they will tweak the level Sync system so that the Astral Burning is not so rewarding. SE gave us the gift of level sync now players are exploiting its design flaws this in my eyes is no different then the item duplication and look what SE did there !
 Titan.Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-23 21:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

well I did post it to a GM asked if it was a flaw.
If they want to make it a big deal then the GM said they will post it on the FFXI website.

But I believe that If you really believe it is a problem then just send msgs to Special Task force.

the Dupe was a problem tho, in the rules it says if you see a glitch you should report it. No one reported the Items Duplication that was something that was a problem.
I am sure people are reporting the AF burn parties, I know I GMed it. I don't wanna hear, well a GM does not know what they are talking about. lol
 Siren.Khellendros
Server: Siren
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 22:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. Our group has been working on getting these to work, and just when we had it just to the point we wanted it (a day where Shiva isn't gimped because of elemental sovereignty and looooots of mobs and few people) some douchebag decides to Diaga our entire train it took 20 minutes to gather.

Man I hate people named Achlys <_<
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-23 22:45:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
Ugh. Our group has been working on getting these to work, and just when we had it just to the point we wanted it (a day where Shiva isn't gimped because of elemental sovereignty and looooots of mobs and few people) some douchebag decides to Diaga our entire train it took 20 minutes to gather.

Man I hate people named Achlys <_<

That sucks, but ya know he had every right to. Yellow is fair game lol.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 22:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
some douchebag decides to Diaga our entire train it took 20 minutes to gather

He's my hero, haha!
 Caitsith.Shinsama
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-02-23 22:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

but it really isnt a design flaw of level sync to have astral burning... you could AB BEFORE level sync, now its just EASIER

i have AB'd before level sync on my old char o.O I can just do it now without having to find another 2 smn for 3-4 hours of pure /seacoming

people need to think about this really

its not a game flaw, clearly
its not cheating
its not an exploit
it still takes alot of time and can be messed up easy (as Khell pointed out)
People are n00bs, regardless of skillupz
 Siren.Anmorata
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-23 22:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

not exactly what I'd all a hero. I think its pretty rude. its just as bad as someone camping on top of you at a exp camp.

ever hear people in your PT cry when a BST moves into their camp? I'm sure some of you reading this have.

killing exp for others is rude just the same no matter how you look at it. Its dirty, and out of spite. its not like other people are even in the zone exping off the mobs (sorry you can't train worms).
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, whether you look at this as "cheating" or not, I really hope that dumbass died after Diaga'ing about 60-70 mobs.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-23 23:01:23

Anmorata said:
not exactly what I'd all a hero. I think its pretty rude. its just as bad as someone camping on top of you at a exp camp.

ever hear people in your PT cry when a BST moves into their camp? I'm sure some of you reading this have.

killing exp for others is rude just the same no matter how you look at it. Its dirty, and out of spite. its not like other people are even in the zone exping off the mobs (sorry you can't train worms).

In all technically he had every right to. It's an unclaimed mob and is his for the taking if he so wishes. Nor does anyone have rightful ownership to a particular area of a zone for whatever purpose. Sure it's unethical to most of the community's standards, but by no means is it -wrong-.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Even so. I would hope he could take into consideration what it would've done to him. If he did die, it's obvious he didn't consider that those mobs he had a right to claim would've turned his organs inside out.

Also, take into consideration beyond the obvious "they were yellow" to the idea of his intentions. It's pretty simple to see that his intention was to only inconvenience others, not to use those mobs for positive results (whatever those results may be).
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-02-23 23:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
It's pretty simple to see that his intention was to only inconvenience others, not to use those mobs for positive results (whatever those results may be).

If you felt he acted out of spite with an intent only to create grief, then GM call is the way to go. Although I'd wager in the present case a GM so called would laugh at you before asking, "You want me to do what now?"
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-23 23:20:09

Khellendros said:
Even so. I would hope he could take into consideration what it would've done to him. If he did die, it's obvious he didn't consider that those mobs he had a right to claim would've turned his organs inside out.

Also, take into consideration beyond the obvious "they were yellow" to the idea of his intentions. It's pretty simple to see that his intention was to only inconvenience others, not to use those mobs for positive results (whatever those results may be).

This reminds me of the day when I was a noob RDM wandering aimlessly around Crawler's Nest. I musta been level 40ish at the time. Anyways, this was way back when only the JP were fresh into the HNM/endgame scene and since a majority of JP were asleep as I played, I stumbled across Simurgh. Being the noob I was I thought "Oh it can't be that hard."

My fire 2 did about 30 dmg and I ran like hell when I saw it didn't even dent it >_> good times... good times.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:

You don't find it in the slightest bit amusing? At all? And the way Khellendros is commenting on it makes it even funnier. There was clearly more to this than "Oh look, a train, let's Diaga it!" That's pretty obvious really.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
This reminds me of the day when I was a noob RDM wandering aimlessly around Crawler's Nest. I musta been level 40ish at the time. Anyways, this was way back when only the JP were fresh into the HNM/endgame scene and since a majority of JP were asleep as I played, I stumbled across Simurgh. Being the noob I was I thought "Oh it can't be that hard."

My fire 2 did about 30 dmg and I ran like hell when I saw it didn't even dent it >_> good times... good times.

Haha... That's good stuff. I can't imagine what would've happened if this was a bit later on in the timeline when NA shells were starting to camp Simurgh like it was Nidhogg...

As for the GM call for a grief tactic, the GM wouldn't have done anything in our present case most likely. Why? Probably not for the giant train of mobs, but because the guy who did the dirty work logged and hasn't been on the game in 2 hours since he decided to do so. I think (don't quote me on this however) that GM's *won't* await a character to log in so they may confront him/her about grief tactics that happened x hours ago.

Oh, the trolling doesn't really faze me at all. I ignored what I had to.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
As for the GM call for a grief tactic, the GM wouldn't have done anything in our present case most likely. Why? Probably not for the giant train of mobs, but because the guy who did the dirty work logged and hasn't been on the game in 2 hours since he decided to do so. I think (don't quote me on this however) that GM's *won't* await a character to log in so they may confront him/her about grief tactics that happened x hours ago.

They always have to investigate calls, regardless of how ludicrous they might seem. If you report somebody who's not in the game, they'll be approached when they login if the GM feels the situation warrants a confrontation.

One thing the GM's really hate is griefing, if people grief, they'll hunt them down. You should've GM'd him if you really felt put out, there is no harm in doing this. I find it amusing he took your train in the first place, but that's not out of the situation, it's out of the fact I dislike people linking zones like that. The way you react about him implies to me that you know him, or something. Otherwise seems he got to you a little too much to just be a stranger ;p

Either way I'm digressing. Next time, GM them :] They have to investigate.

PS. It wasn't trolling, I was making a point. Jesus christ.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious with the "Oh man he's my hero" comment. Oh well. Whether you like this method or not is up to personal taste. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, just that I'll ignore it if it contributes nothing to the current conversation other than a "lol at you".

The person who did pull the mobs off us is a complete stranger, we have no idea who he is or where he's from. Just that he pulled god knows how many mobs off us then logged almost instantly after the incident.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious with the "Oh man he's my hero" comment.

Wooooodum said:
They always have to investigate calls, regardless of how ludicrous they might seem. If you report somebody who's not in the game, they'll be approached when they login if the GM feels the situation warrants a confrontation.

One thing the GM's really hate is griefing, if people grief, they'll hunt them down. You should've GM'd him if you really felt put out, there is no harm in doing this.

Stop reading what you want to read.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-23 23:31:16

Khellendros said:

Pretty true unfortunately =/ It totally depends on the GM, however, they do possess the ability to toss someone in mordian even if they're offline so when they log on they get quite the surprise. However, it'd have to be a pretty significant offense for them to really go out of their way to do such a thing.

Good luck with your AFing, I don't mind the act in of itself, I just hate how it's being overused/exploited like there's no tomorrow. If anything it should be a stimulus bit of exp, more so than a primary method of leveling. Unfortunately that's what it's quickly becoming more and more.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:

Then write what you want people to read. In the age of internet technology, there's no expression, just words. Make sure what you're writing is interpreted the way you want it to be.
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-23 23:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm. I don't remember saying anything about needing to call a GM (nor did Khell). we all know that what he didn't violate anything.

proclaiming it as heroic or saying that it was justified is just a matter of opinion(s) which is what forums are for, expressing opinions and conversation about topics.

My Opinion:

in the end... I think that guy was obviously against what he saw us doing and decided to be a douche bag :D lesson learned, if I wanna AF burn, I'll do it when people aren't in the zone.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
Wooooodum said:

Then write what you want people to read. In the age of internet technology, there's no expression, just words. Make sure what you're writing is interpreted the way you want it to be.

I meant exactly what I wrote. I mean that I replied perfectly well to your post, even gave you some advice, and you completely ignored it. You can't complain about being trolled (which you weren't) and then completely ignore that user's post when they reply to your post and try and help you. Just bringing it on yourself to be honest. You're only seeing the negative side and completely ignoring the fact I responded to your point and offered some advice.

I won't bother doing so again, I'm sorry for wasting your time with my trolling. Let's wait for some real trolls to come disect your posts to provide you with a little perspective.

Just all smells of "QQ he stole my train" to be honest. God forbid people should be in favour of that.
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-23 23:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:
hmm. I don't remember saying anything about needing to call a GM (nor did Khell).

okay he did <.< (I take too long to post)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anmorata said:
Anmorata said:
hmm. I don't remember saying anything about needing to call a GM (nor did Khell).

okay he did <.< (I take too long to post)

=P
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-23 23:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I'm guilty of writing something that could be misinterpreted as well. What I mean is, your first comment which was written soon after my original post, carried a tone of "Hah, serves you right, you shouldn't do it" to me. If that's not what you intended, fine enough. But I'm just saying, it's not hard for someone to misinterpret anything you say on the internet if it's worded in a certain way. That's what makes the english language so hard sometimes, especially without the presence of expression and verbal tone.

I'm not putting off your replies and advice, just the comment that I viewed as offensive. Nor am I attempting to accuse you of being someone who's done nothing EXCEPT be offensive. Perhaps "troll" was an inappropriate word in this case.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 23:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Khellendros said:
Guess I'm guilty of writing something that could be misinterpreted as well. What I mean is, your first comment which was written soon after my original post, carried a tone of "Hah, serves you right, you shouldn't do it" to me. If that's not what you intended, fine enough. But I'm just saying, it's not hard for someone to misinterpret anything you say on the internet if it's worded in a certain way. That's what makes the english language so hard sometimes, especially without the presence of expression and verbal tone.

Ah, then it was misperceived. It was not a "Hah! He stole your train", sorry. I'm too good at irony for my own good... I'll take a photo of my facial expression as I say it so you can fully understand what I meant by that :p
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28